Re: The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games - Linux ; Homer wrote: > Verily I say unto thee, that Richard Rasker spake thusly: > >> http://w3.bsa.org/netherlands/ - Result: Failed validation, 459 >> Errors >> >> THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE! > > Here's another, not quite so shocking, but perhaps even more ...

  1. Re: The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games

    Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Richard Rasker spake thusly:
    >
    >> http://w3.bsa.org/netherlands/ - Result: Failed validation, 459
    >> Errors
    >>
    >> THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

    > Here's another, not quite so shocking, but perhaps even more ironic:
    >
    > http://www.iso.org/iso/standards_development.htm
    > Result: Failed validation, 13 Errors

    Hehe, quite funny indeed. And while we're at it, how does the W3C site
    itself validate?

    "Sorry, the IP address of validator.w3.org is not public. For security
    reasons, validating resources located at non-public IP addresses has been
    disabled in this service."

    Hmm, a bit disappointing, although their main site (www.w3.org) passes --
    then again, any other result would have been surprising indeed.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  2. Re: The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Homer wrote:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Richard Rasker spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> http://w3.bsa.org/netherlands/ - Result: Failed validation, 459
    >>> Errors
    >>>
    >>> THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

    >> Here's another, not quite so shocking, but perhaps even more ironic:
    >>
    >> http://www.iso.org/iso/standards_development.htm
    >> Result: Failed validation, 13 Errors

    > Hehe, quite funny indeed. And while we're at it, how does the W3C site
    > itself validate?
    >
    > "Sorry, the IP address of validator.w3.org is not public. For security
    > reasons, validating resources located at non-public IP addresses has been
    > disabled in this service."
    >
    > Hmm, a bit disappointing, although their main site (www.w3.org) passes --
    > then again, any other result would have been surprising indeed.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    LOL. Just listen to you all preaching from the pulpit! They disabled it
    probably to stop starch collared phoneys like you constantly loading
    their server with W3C validation checks!

  3. Re: The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games

    Homer writes:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Richard Rasker spake thusly:
    >> Homer wrote:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that Richard Rasker spake thusly:

    >>> Here's another, not quite so shocking, but perhaps even more
    >>> ironic:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.iso.org/iso/standards_development.htm
    >>> Result: Failed validation, 13 Errors

    >> Hehe, quite funny indeed.

    > I also just noticed ... what's an "htm" file, since AFAICT such a thing
    > does not exist? Is that the DOS equivalent of HTML, by any chance?

    No. Its one other standard extension for html files and is used
    all over the place.

    --
    "I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  4. Re: The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games

    In article , Homer
    wrote:
    > >> http://www.iso.org/iso/standards_development.htm
    > >> Result: Failed validation, 13 Errors

    > > Hehe, quite funny indeed.

    > I also just noticed ... what's an "htm" file, since AFAICT such a thing
    > does not exist? Is that the DOS equivalent of HTML, by any chance?

    ".htm" is exactly as standard as ".html". Also exactly as standard
    would be ".my_web_page_stuff", ".vocational_guidance_counsellor", or
    even nothing at all.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games

    On 2008-07-05, Tim Smith wrote:

    >> > Hehe, quite funny indeed.

    >> I also just noticed ... what's an "htm" file, since AFAICT such a thing
    >> does not exist? Is that the DOS equivalent of HTML, by any chance?

    > ".htm" is exactly as standard as ".html". Also exactly as standard
    > would be ".my_web_page_stuff", ".vocational_guidance_counsellor", or
    > even nothing at all.

    Yeah, a hangover from the old 8.3 filenaming system.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power