Wanted: 667MHz 4MB SlotB CPU module - Linux

This is a discussion on Wanted: 667MHz 4MB SlotB CPU module - Linux ; I'm looking for a replacement 667MHz 4MB CPU module for my Alpha Processor/API Networks UP2000+. Does anyone here know where I can find one for a reasonable price (it is for hobbyist use)? Thanks in advance, Craig P.S. I live ...

  1. Wanted: 667MHz 4MB SlotB CPU module

    I'm looking for a replacement 667MHz 4MB CPU module for my Alpha
    Processor/API Networks UP2000+. Does anyone here know where I can
    find one for a reasonable price (it is for hobbyist use)?

    Thanks in advance,
    Craig

    P.S. I live in the US.

  2. Re: Wanted: 667MHz 4MB SlotB CPU module

    cpp wrote:
    > I'm looking for a replacement 667MHz 4MB CPU module for my Alpha
    > Processor/API Networks UP2000+. Does anyone here know where I can
    > find one for a reasonable price (it is for hobbyist use)?

    If you find out, please let the rest of know? :-)

    They are either pure unobtanium or pure unafordium... HP/Compaq/DEC dealers
    that have them in stock are asking low 4-figures and I haven't seen any on
    eBay in some time.

  3. Re: Wanted: 667MHz 4MB SlotB CPU module

    On Jul 5, 9:12 am, Steven Hirsch wrote:
    > cpp wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a replacement 667MHz 4MB CPU module for my Alpha
    > > Processor/API Networks UP2000+. Does anyone here know where I can
    > > find one for a reasonable price (it is for hobbyist use)?

    > If you find out, please let the rest of know? :-)
    >
    > They are either pure unobtanium or pure unafordium... HP/Compaq/DEC dealers
    > that have them in stock are asking low 4-figures and I haven't seen any on
    > eBay in some time.

    Try emailing Microway (http://www.microway.com/) directly or Puget
    Sound Data Systems (http://www.psds.com/). If you search 'up2000' on
    psds.com, they appear to list two 667 MHz 2MB cache processors. I
    would hope that one is supposed to be 4MB instead. (Part numbers
    M4542, M4543).

    Previously, I asked for a quote for the 750MHz slot B CPU from
    psds.com. Their reply was $200. Since they have 5 and 6 more of the
    667 MHz CPUs respectively and they're lower clocked, I'd have to
    imagine you'd get a better price than $200.

    Both are worth emailing, though from my experience getting information
    out of Microway has been equivalent to pulling teeth.

    Please let us know how it goes.

    Matt Turner

+ Reply to Thread