4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected) - Linux

This is a discussion on 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected) - Linux ; Statute of Liberty - FOSS "Give me your tired, your poor PC's, Your huddled CPU's yearning to breathe free, With lesser memory choked by bloated proprietary. Send these, the OS-less, Vista-tossed to me, I lift my lamp, behold the Linux ...

  1. 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    "Give me your tired, your poor PC's,
    Your huddled CPU's yearning to breathe free,
    With lesser memory choked by bloated proprietary.
    Send these, the OS-less, Vista-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp, behold the Linux DVD!"

    Heh! (Apologetic correction - mispelled Vista)

    --
    HPT

  2. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    ____/ Homer on Friday 04 July 2008 19:55 : \____

    > Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >
    >> Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    > Beats me why Americans seem to be the most obstinate about adopting Free
    > Software. After all, you'd think they of all people would understand the
    > importance of liberty.
    >
    > Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes in freedom.

    ....As opposed to Power. Bear in mind that the loss of Freedom is outside the US
    (or Redmond). It's about power (like colonialism), not freedom.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
    Tasks: 257 total, 1 running, 256 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  3. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Homer wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >
    >> Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    > Beats me why Americans seem to be the most obstinate about adopting Free
    > Software. After all, you'd think they of all people would understand the
    > importance of liberty.

    Must be a made in America thingee. It seems that the US population has
    become consumers rather than inventors, creative designers, etc.
    Computer gaming is a big industry, education IMHO is in decline.

    > Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes in freedom.

    Nathan Quark - "Give me proprietary, or give me death." :-)

    --
    HPT

  4. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Must be a made in America thingee. It seems that the US population
    > has become consumers rather than inventors, creative designers, etc.
    > Computer gaming is a big industry, education IMHO is in decline.

    The moron in you never sleeps, does it?

  5. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 20:59:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Homer on Friday 04 July 2008 19:55 : \____
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    >> Beats me why Americans seem to be the most obstinate about adopting Free
    >> Software. After all, you'd think they of all people would understand the
    >> importance of liberty.
    >>
    >> Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes in freedom.

    > ...As opposed to Power. Bear in mind that the loss of Freedom is outside the US
    > (or Redmond). It's about power (like colonialism), not freedom.

    You mean like all those camera's you have floating around GB?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Statute of Liberty - FOSS
    >
    > "Give me your tired, your poor PC's,
    > Your huddled CPU's yearning to breathe free,
    > With lesser memory choked by bloated proprietary.
    > Send these, the OS-less, Vista-tossed to me,
    > I lift my lamp, behold the Linux DVD!"
    >
    > Heh! (Apologetic correction - mispelled Vista)

    Thats OK, I will spell it correctly for you and and and...

    Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    "Give me your tired, your poor PC's,
    Your huddled CPU's yearning to breathe free,
    With lesser memory choked by bloated proprietary.
    Send these, the OS-less, PISTA-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp, behold the Linux DVD!
    And Lo!, behold the hand of a DE-PISTIFIER working magic
    with dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda and eraseth that
    PISTIFICATED PC and replace it love and freedom
    OS that we calleth Linux."

  7. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 19:55:10 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >
    >> Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    > Beats me why Americans seem to be the most obstinate about adopting Free
    > Software. After all, you'd think they of all people would understand the
    > importance of liberty.

    Yes, the people that allowed Bush to push through the "Patriot Act"
    really love their freedom ...

    Read Little Brother by Cory Doctorow. It is interesting.

    > Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes in freedom.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Homer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >
    >> Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    > Beats me why Americans seem to be the most obstinate about adopting
    > Free Software. After all, you'd think they of all people would
    > understand the importance of liberty.

    Software "freedom" is a nebulous concept at best, and it's just not
    important relative to real-world issues.

    > Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes in
    > freedom.

    Thank you, Homer.

    Happy 4th to you too...

  9. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 20:59:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ...As opposed to Power. Bear in mind that the loss of
    >> Freedom is outside the US (or Redmond). It's about power
    >> (like colonialism), not freedom.

    > You mean like all those camera's you have floating around GB?

    Traffic cameras? You mean like in Albuquerque, Gallup, Clovis,
    New Mexico; Lubbock, Amarillo, Dallas, Texas; Oklahoma City,
    Oklahoma; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, California; New
    York City, Chicago, Miami, Newark City, Denver, etc.

    Oh yeah.

    --
    HPT

  10. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >
    >> Statute of Liberty - FOSS

    > Beats me why Americans seem to be the most obstinate about adopting Free
    > Software. After all, you'd think they of all people would understand the
    > importance of liberty.

    .... for bizznizzmen.

    > Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes in freedom.

    Well, I can drive from one State to another without paying duty or
    showing paperwork!

    --
    To get back on your feet, miss two car payments.

  11. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Linonut wrote:
    > Homer fired off:
    >
    >> Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes
    >> in freedom.

    > Well, I can drive from one State to another without paying
    > duty or showing paperwork!

    All that may change under Homeland Security. National ID card.
    Resurgence of the state border agricultural check stations,
    except it isn't agriculture they are checking. "We do it for
    your own good."

    --
    HPT

  12. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:10:13 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 20:59:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ...As opposed to Power. Bear in mind that the loss of
    >>> Freedom is outside the US (or Redmond). It's about power
    >>> (like colonialism), not freedom.

    >> You mean like all those camera's you have floating around GB?

    > Traffic cameras? You mean like in Albuquerque, Gallup, Clovis,
    > New Mexico; Lubbock, Amarillo, Dallas, Texas; Oklahoma City,
    > Oklahoma; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, California; New
    > York City, Chicago, Miami, Newark City, Denver, etc.
    >
    > Oh yeah.

    No...
    Spy cameras you idiot....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> You mean like all those camera's you have floating around
    >>> GB?

    >> Traffic cameras? You mean like in Albuquerque, Gallup,
    >> Clovis, New Mexico; Lubbock, Amarillo, Dallas, Texas;
    >> Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San
    >> Diego, California; New York City, Chicago, Miami, Newark
    >> City, Denver, etc.
    >>
    >> Oh yeah.

    > No... Spy cameras you idiot....

    Oh, so everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? How strange,
    how Gary. Traffic cameras ARE spying assets every where they placed.

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...-allows-spy-uk

    Secret pact allows the US to spy on UK motorists
    Big Buddy is watching y'all
    By Egan Orion: Monday, 21 April 2008, 4:16 PM

    THE UK Home Secretary secretively signed a "special certificate"
    last year that gives foreign security agencies real-time access
    to traffic camera images and related data monitoring British
    motorists on highways throughout the UK. [....]

    Under the authorisation signed last July 4 by Jacqui Smith, video
    feeds and still images captured from roadside TV cameras, along
    with personal data derived from them, can be transmitted out of
    the UK to countries such as the US, that are outside the European
    Economic Area.
    For all you know, Homeland Security may be watching you, Gary,
    with feeds under the reliability and security of Linux.

    --
    HPT

  14. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 10:35:44 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Traffic cameras? You mean like in Albuquerque, Gallup,
    >>> Clovis, New Mexico; Lubbock, Amarillo, Dallas, Texas;
    >>> Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San
    >>> Diego, California; New York City, Chicago, Miami, Newark
    >>> City, Denver, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Oh yeah.

    >> No... Spy cameras you idiot....

    > Oh, so everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? How strange,
    > how Gary. Traffic cameras ARE spying assets every where they placed.

    Look you bumbling idiot save the word games for Jebbediah..
    You know exactly what I meant.

    You're the one who brought up traffic cameras, not I....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> No... Spy cameras you idiot....

    >> Oh, so everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? How
    >> strange, how Gary. Traffic cameras ARE spying assets every
    >> where they placed.

    > Look you bumbling idiot save the word games for Jebbediah..
    > You know exactly what I meant. You're the one who brought up
    > traffic cameras, not I....

    You can't even carry on a decent conversation, this is really
    sad, Gary.

    http://www.webservertalk.com/message1474739.html

    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

    If anyone does anything which will interfere with the
    troll's ability to cause mayhem, they can become very
    nasty, posting from obviously incorrect variations of the
    name etc. insults, call them netcops, netnannies,
    homosexuals.
    --
    HPT

  16. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 11:27:53 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Oh, so everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? How
    >>> strange, how Gary. Traffic cameras ARE spying assets every
    >>> where they placed.

    >> Look you bumbling idiot save the word games for Jebbediah..
    >> You know exactly what I meant. You're the one who brought up
    >> traffic cameras, not I....

    > You can't even carry on a decent conversation, this is really
    > sad, Gary.

    You're like a broken record HPT.
    The same crap over and over again, most of which you have yet to offer any
    concrete evidence of.

    So predictable.

    Get caught trolling, corrected, etc and you go on a massive offensive
    posting blitz.
    Just like Schestowitz does when a good anti Linux post appears.

    His motive is to drive it off the Google COLA homepage and bury it in his
    usual SPAM.

    Your motive is to hide your obvious idiocy.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> Look you bumbling idiot save the word games for
    >>> Jebbediah.. You know exactly what I meant. You're the one
    >>> who brought up traffic cameras, not I....

    >> You can't even carry on a decent conversation, this is
    >> really sad, Gary.
    >>
    >> http://www.webservertalk.com/message1474739.html

    >> If anyone does anything which will interfere with the
    >> troll's ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty,
    >> posting from obviously incorrect variations of the name etc.
    >> insults, call them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.
    >>

    > You're like a broken record HPT. The same crap over and over
    > again, most of which you have yet to offer any concrete
    > evidence of. So predictable. Get caught trolling, corrected,
    > etc and you go on a massive offensive posting blitz.

    You sound defensive, interesting. Even DFS explained who the
    mystery anti-Moshe poster is and you don't believe him? Google
    for it, you'll find it.

    > Just like Schestowitz does when a good anti Linux post
    > appears. His motive is to drive it off the Google COLA
    > homepage and bury it in his usual SPAM.
    >
    > Your motive is to hide your obvious idiocy.

    Your expressions are full of accusations and abusive insults,
    even net stalking Mr. Schestowitz.

    It is you that has little clue of what plainly gives you away.

    --
    HPT

  18. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:30:20 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > You sound defensive, interesting. Even DFS explained who the
    > mystery anti-Moshe poster is and you don't believe him? Google
    > for it, you'll find it.

    Defensive?
    I thought the Google poster was hysterical.
    Pissing in his own pool so to speak.

    I don't really care who or what it was/is.

    >> Just like Schestowitz does when a good anti Linux post
    >> appears. His motive is to drive it off the Google COLA
    >> homepage and bury it in his usual SPAM.
    >>
    >> Your motive is to hide your obvious idiocy.

    > Your expressions are full of accusations and abusive insults,
    > even net stalking Mr. Schestowitz.

    Yawwn....
    Nobody is net stalking that idiot Schestowitz.
    He posts 1000's pf messages here per month and thus is going to become a
    topic of discussion.
    If the fire is too hot for him he should get out of the frying pan.

    And BTW if you believe his motives are sincere and not self serving you're
    naive.

    > It is you that has little clue of what plainly gives you away.

    That's the difference between you and I.
    I'm not trying to hide anything.

    You are, and if I were you, I would be too.
    Thank God I'm not you.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: 4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> Homer fired off:
    >>
    >>> Anyway, happy 4th of July, to anyone left who still believes
    >>> in freedom.

    >> Well, I can drive from one State to another without paying
    >> duty or showing paperwork!

    > All that may change under Homeland Security. National ID card.
    > Resurgence of the state border agricultural check stations,
    > except it isn't agriculture they are checking. "We do it for
    > your own good."

    Absolutely - if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry
    about. Of course the government officials are 100% honest.

    It's all very Orwellian. Or Police Statian. Or Nazian. Or Stalinian.
    In any case, it's certainly not very nice...