Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth. - Linux

This is a discussion on Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth. - Linux ; http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=208802569 "Trying to compete with Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) on the desktop has been a futile effort." -- Flame me all you want. **** off, piss off, piss on you, stick it, stuff it, shove it, ram it, jam it, cram ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    --
    Flame me all you want.
    **** off, piss off, piss on you, stick it, stuff it, shove it, ram it, jam
    it, cram it, sit on it, get laid, get in, get off, get it on, get it up,
    mother ****er, **** sucker, old fart, fart face, fart sniffer, ****sman,
    scatfan, asshole, peckerhead, scumbag, **** up, **** off, ball breaker, ball
    buster, a real pisser, **** teaser, cuntslapper, ass kisser, brown nose,
    ****ass, **** heel, douchebag, motherstrapalonian, **** trophy, cunt nugget,
    fleshloaf, cunt dropping, walking sperm, infestation, anklebiter,
    booger-eater, bratzilla, crib lizard, crotchcricket, crotchfruit,
    crumbcruncher, crumb grinder, fartling, floormonster, goldensprog, hell
    spawn, kinderwhore, nipplecrunchers, nose miner, pussfruit, **** factory,
    sperm 'n egg omlette, sproglodyte, snotmonster.

  2. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    Clogwog wrote:
    > http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=208802569
    >
    > "Trying to compete with Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) on the desktop has
    > been a futile effort."

    He never met cola super-advocate jim: "Still, give me a Linux Distro team
    (even a volunteer one) that is open to trying my ideas just once, and I will
    unseat Microsoft in less than 5 years."

    ROFL! Linux trash-talk is even cheaper than Linux trash-code.

  3. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Jul 4, 10:22*am, "DFS" wrote:
    > Clogwog wrote:
    > >http://www.informationweek.com/news/...Article.jhtml?...

    > > "Trying to compete with Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) on the desktop has
    > > been a futile effort."

    > He never met cola super-advocate jim: "Still, give me a Linux Distro team
    > (even a volunteer one) that is open to trying my ideas just once, and I will
    > unseat Microsoft in less than 5 years."
    >
    > ROFL! *Linux trash-talk is even cheaper than Linux trash-code.

    I think the problem was he did another Distro. He should have
    IMPROVED the OS like Apple did. Limit the drivers and hardware
    like Apple does. But if the OS has to be SO HOT, they want to switch.

  4. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 08:16:08 -0700, Psyc Geek wrote:

    > On Jul 4, 10:22*am, "DFS" wrote:
    >> Clogwog wrote:
    >> >http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/linux/

    showArticle.jhtml?...

    >> > "Trying to compete with Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) on the desktop has
    >> > been a futile effort."

    >> He never met cola super-advocate jim: "Still, give me a Linux Distro
    >> team (even a volunteer one) that is open to trying my ideas just once,
    >> and I will unseat Microsoft in less than 5 years."
    >>
    >> ROFL! *Linux trash-talk is even cheaper than Linux trash-code.

    > I think the problem was he did another Distro. He should have IMPROVED
    > the OS like Apple did. Limit the drivers and hardware like Apple does.

    How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can write
    drives for OS X.

    > But if the OS has to be SO HOT, they want to switch.

    What?

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    > How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can write
    > drives for OS X.

    > --
    > Rick

    if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.
    what do you mean write DRIVES? speak english.
    hard drives? soft drives.

  6. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:39:44 -0700, Psyc Geek wrote:

    >> How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can
    >> write drives for OS X.

    >> --
    >> Rick

    > if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    Translation. You don't know.

    > what do you mean write
    > DRIVES? speak english. hard drives? soft drives.

    It's a typo. Here I'll re-type it for you:

    How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can write
    drivers for OS X.

    BTW, you're turning out to be a fairly decent troll. You have lots of
    people replying to your inane drivel.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Jul 4, 3:35*pm, Rick wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:39:44 -0700, Psyc Geek wrote:
    > >> How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can
    > >> write drives for OS X.

    > >> --
    > >> Rick

    > > if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    > Translation. You don't know.
    >
    > > what do you mean write
    > > DRIVES? speak english. hard drives? *soft drives.

    > It's a typo. Here I'll re-type it for you:
    >
    > How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can write
    > drivers for OS X.
    >
    > BTW, you're turning out to be a fairly decent troll. You have lots of
    > people replying to your inane drivel.
    >
    > --
    > Rick

    At least I use Linux.
    You just mouth.

  8. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in thedesktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    "Rick" stated in post
    2-idnS3Y8LXq5vPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 12:35 PM:

    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:39:44 -0700, Psyc Geek wrote:
    >
    >>> How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can
    >>> write drives for OS X.

    >>> --
    >>> Rick

    >> if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    > Translation. You don't know.

    This is in complete contradiction to your derogatory claim about me:

    He will say since you don't or won't do something, then
    you can't do it.

    But here you are doing the same thing you whine about me doing.

    How hypocritical of you!

    >> what do you mean write
    >> DRIVES? speak english. hard drives? soft drives.

    > It's a typo. Here I'll re-type it for you:
    >
    > How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can write
    > drivers for OS X.
    >
    > BTW, you're turning out to be a fairly decent troll. You have lots of
    > people replying to your inane drivel.

    You sure lash out a lot.

    --
    "Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
    all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs

  9. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:37:18 -0700, Psyc Geek wrote:

    >> > if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    >> Translation. You don't know.
    >>
    >> > what do you mean write
    >> > DRIVES? speak english. hard drives? *soft drives.

    >> It's a typo. Here I'll re-type it for you:
    >>
    >> How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can
    >> write drivers for OS X.
    >>
    >> BTW, you're turning out to be a fairly decent troll. You have lots of
    >> people replying to your inane drivel.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rick

    > At least I use Linux.

    > You just mouth.

    And, BTW, check my headers, troll.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:52:23 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 2-idnS3Y8LXq5vPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 12:35 PM:

    >>> if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    >> Translation. You don't know.

    > This is in complete contradiction to your derogatory claim about me:
    >
    > He will say since you don't or won't do something, then you can't do
    > it.
    >
    > But here you are doing the same thing you whine about me doing.
    >
    > How hypocritical of you!

    There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    persona.

    >>> what do you mean write
    >>> DRIVES? speak english. hard drives? soft drives.

    >> It's a typo. Here I'll re-type it for you:
    >>
    >> How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can
    >> write drivers for OS X.
    >>
    >> BTW, you're turning out to be a fairly decent troll. You have lots of
    >> people replying to your inane drivel.

    > You sure lash out a lot.

    There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    persona. Maybe you do deserve the "negative" attention you get. .. and it
    does allow you cry and moan and groan about how you are mistreated, so
    the "negative attention does have it's positive aspects for you , doesn't
    it.

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in thedesktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    "Rick" stated in post
    2-idnSnY8LWTC_PVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 2:28 PM:

    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:52:23 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 2-idnS3Y8LXq5vPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 12:35 PM:

    >>> Translation. You don't know.

    >> This is in complete contradiction to your derogatory claim about me:
    >>
    >> He will say since you don't or won't do something, then you can't do
    >> it.
    >>
    >> But here you are doing the same thing you whine about me doing.
    >>
    >> How hypocritical of you!

    > There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    > persona.

    You "needled" me, I am noted your hypocrisy in doing the same thing you
    whined about me doing.

    Now you whine about *my* need to be nicer.

    LOL!

    Tell me you are just joking and not being accidentally hypocritical. Again.

    >>> It's a typo. Here I'll re-type it for you:
    >>>
    >>> How does Apple limit drivers and hardware? Any hardware vendor can
    >>> write drivers for OS X.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, you're turning out to be a fairly decent troll. You have lots of
    >>> people replying to your inane drivel.

    >> You sure lash out a lot.

    > There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    > persona. Maybe you do deserve the "negative" attention you get. .. and it
    > does allow you cry and moan and groan about how you are mistreated, so
    > the "negative attention does have it's positive aspects for you , doesn't
    > it.

    I noted the fact you are lashing out and you whine *I* need to be "much
    nicer".

    Does your hypocrisy know *any* bounds?

    --
    When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
    When God changes your mind, that's faith.

  12. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 14:40:40 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 2-idnSnY8LWTC_PVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 2:28 PM:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:52:23 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> 2-idnS3Y8LXq5vPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 12:35 PM:

    >>> This is in complete contradiction to your derogatory claim about me:
    >>>
    >>> He will say since you don't or won't do something, then you can't
    >>> do it.
    >>>
    >>> But here you are doing the same thing you whine about me doing.
    >>>
    >>> How hypocritical of you!

    >> There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    >> persona.

    > You "needled" me, I am noted your hypocrisy in doing the same thing you
    > whined about me doing.
    >
    > Now you whine about *my* need to be nicer.
    >
    > LOL!
    >
    > Tell me you are just joking and not being accidentally hypocritical.
    > Again.

    Since I am not being hypocritical, your command is incorrect. BTW, you
    don't get to order me around.

    >>> You sure lash out a lot.

    >> There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    >> persona. Maybe you do deserve the "negative" attention you get. .. and
    >> it does allow you cry and moan and groan about how you are mistreated,
    >> so the "negative attention does have it's positive aspects for you ,
    >> doesn't it.

    > I noted the fact you are lashing out and you whine *I* need to be "much
    > nicer".
    >
    > Does your hypocrisy know *any* bounds?

    Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when you
    get upset ...

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in thedesktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    "Rick" stated in post
    2-idnSTY8LVOPPPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 3:18 PM:

    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 14:40:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 2-idnSnY8LWTC_PVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 2:28 PM:

    >>> There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    >>> persona.

    >> You "needled" me, I am noted your hypocrisy in doing the same thing you
    >> whined about me doing.
    >>
    >> Now you whine about *my* need to be nicer.
    >>
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> Tell me you are just joking and not being accidentally hypocritical.
    >> Again.

    > Since I am not being hypocritical

    You forgot I quoted your hypocritical comments... Rick. Come on, useless
    denial is not fun trolling... you *can* do better!

    > , your command is incorrect. BTW, you don't get to order me around.

    Wow... you sure get bent out of shape out of some friendly advice.

    >>> There you go, needling people again. I suggest you develop a much nicer
    >>> persona. Maybe you do deserve the "negative" attention you get. .. and
    >>> it does allow you cry and moan and groan about how you are mistreated,
    >>> so the "negative attention does have it's positive aspects for you ,
    >>> doesn't it.

    >> I noted the fact you are lashing out and you whine *I* need to be "much
    >> nicer".
    >>
    >> Does your hypocrisy know *any* bounds?

    > Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when you
    > get upset ...

    One, I am not upset. Two, you have no idea what happens when I do get
    upset. Three, this is not about me... it is about you and your hypocrisy.
    Funny how you try to change the topic!

    Funny... but not nice!

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  14. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 15:26:26 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 2-idnSTY8LVOPPPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 3:18 PM:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 14:40:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> 2-idnSnY8LWTC_PVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 2:28 PM:

    >>> You "needled" me, I am noted your hypocrisy in doing the same thing
    >>> you whined about me doing.
    >>>
    >>> Now you whine about *my* need to be nicer.
    >>>
    >>> LOL!
    >>>
    >>> Tell me you are just joking and not being accidentally hypocritical.
    >>> Again.

    >> Since I am not being hypocritical

    > You forgot I quoted your hypocritical comments... Rick. Come on,
    > useless denial is not fun trolling... you *can* do better!
    >
    >> , your command is incorrect. BTW, you don't get to order me around.

    > Wow... you sure get bent out of shape out of some friendly advice.

    >>> I noted the fact you are lashing out and you whine *I* need to be
    >>> "much nicer".
    >>>
    >>> Does your hypocrisy know *any* bounds?

    >> Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when
    >> you get upset ...

    > One, I am not upset. Two, you have no idea what happens when I do get
    > upset. Three, this is not about me... it is about you and your
    > hypocrisy. Funny how you try to change the topic!
    >
    > Funny... but not nice!

    Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when you
    get upset ...

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in thedesktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    "Rick" stated in post
    2-idnSPY8LUxNPPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 3:52 PM:

    >>> Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when
    >>> you get upset ...

    >> One, I am not upset. Two, you have no idea what happens when I do get
    >> upset. Three, this is not about me... it is about you and your
    >> hypocrisy. Funny how you try to change the topic!
    >>
    >> Funny... but not nice!

    > Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when you
    > get upset ...

    You already said that... and then ignored the response. Keep in mind what
    the topic is, your hypocrisy:

    Rick 1 [whining about his views of Snit]:
    He will say since you don't or won't do something, then you
    can't do it.

    Rick 2:
    > if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    Translation. You don't know.

    By the way, you did not answer the question I asked you: Does your hypocrisy
    know *any* bounds?

    Apparently you have not found the bounds of it. Oh well. Maybe we can have
    some fun helping you in that area!

    --
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
    that take our breath away.

  16. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 16:08:00 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 2-idnSPY8LUxNPPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 3:52 PM:

    >>> One, I am not upset. Two, you have no idea what happens when I do get
    >>> upset. Three, this is not about me... it is about you and your
    >>> hypocrisy. Funny how you try to change the topic!
    >>>
    >>> Funny... but not nice!

    >> Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when
    >> you get upset ...

    > You already said that... and then ignored the response. Keep in mind
    > what the topic is, your hypocrisy:

    Keep in mind you don't get to set "the topic" it can, and often does,
    change.

    > Rick 1 [whining about his views of Snit]:
    > He will say since you don't or won't do something, then you can't do
    > it.
    >
    > Rick 2:
    > > if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    > Translation. You don't know.
    >
    > By the way, you did not answer the question I asked you: Does your
    > hypocrisy know *any* bounds?

    Do you still beat your wife?

    See if you can figure out the what my answer to your question means.

    > Apparently you have not found the bounds of it. Oh well. Maybe we can
    > have some fun helping you in that area!

    Maybe you should seek more therapeutic help.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in thedesktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    "Rick" stated in post
    2-idnV_Y8LVIMvPVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/4/08 4:18 PM:

    >>> Michael, you really do need to calm down. You know what happens when
    >>> you get upset ...

    >> You already said that... and then ignored the response. Keep in mind
    >> what the topic is, your hypocrisy:

    > Keep in mind you don't get to set "the topic" it can, and often does,
    > change.

    Oh, no doubt you will change the topic from your hypocricy.

    LOL!

    >> Rick 1 [whining about his views of Snit]:
    >> He will say since you don't or won't do something, then you can't do
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Rick 2:
    >> > if you don't know, I am not going to tell you.

    >> Translation. You don't know.
    >>
    >> By the way, you did not answer the question I asked you: Does your
    >> hypocrisy know *any* bounds?

    > Do you still beat your wife?
    >
    > See if you can figure out the what my answer to your question means.

    It means, clearly, you are trying to deny what I just proved. Guess what -
    you are not being successful. LOL!

    >> Apparently you have not found the bounds of it. Oh well. Maybe we can
    >> have some fun helping you in that area!

    > Maybe you should seek more therapeutic help.

    That was "not nice". LOL!

    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

  18. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    Rick wrote:

    > BTW, you're turning out to be a fairly decent troll. You have lots of
    > people replying to your inane drivel.

    I doubt he's exactly a newcomer. Just one of the usual Windummies posting
    through yet another Google account.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

    Good to the last supper

  19. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktopmarket means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 20:52:00 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > I doubt he's exactly a newcomer. Just one of the usual Windummies
    > posting through yet another Google account.

    I've never understood the inclination to post through googlegroups with a
    yahoo e-mail address, kinda defeats the point of signing into Google, to
    my mind.

    -Thufir

  20. Re: Michael Robertson says Microsoft's imposing lead in the desktop market means Linux should look to next-gen devices for growth.

    Bull****. You _pretend_ to use Linux, as a way of denigrating it.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.