Does this site look ok on your computer - Linux

This is a discussion on Does this site look ok on your computer - Linux ; I have no problems on vista, in firefox. I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox. Positioning is off. Just look at the red Log In button on the screen. It is off to the right. Payments are way off. I ...

  1. Does this site look ok on your computer

    I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.

    Positioning is off.
    Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    It is off to the right.

    Payments are way off.

    I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    same problem.

    anybody else have this problem?
    i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    and don't say i bought the wrong car. lol.

    http://www.toyotafinancial.com

  2. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    On Jul 3, 6:40*pm, Psyc Geek wrote:
    > I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    > I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.
    >
    > Positioning is off.
    > Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    > It is off to the right.
    >
    > Payments are way off.
    >
    > I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    > same problem.
    >
    > anybody else have this problem?
    > i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    > and don't say i bought the wrong car. *lol.
    >
    > http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    it does not work on pclinuxos on a different machine either. in
    firefox

  3. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    Psyc Geek wrote:

    > I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    > I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.
    >
    > Positioning is off.
    > Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    > It is off to the right.
    >
    > Payments are way off.
    >
    > I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    > same problem.
    >
    > anybody else have this problem?
    > i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    > and don't say i bought the wrong car. lol.
    >
    > http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    The log in button is oddly placed in Konqueror. Seems okay in Firefox, a
    little to the right but not freakishly so.
    --
    Stephen Fairchild

  4. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    On Jul 3, 7:31*pm, Stephen Fairchild wrote:
    > Psyc Geek wrote:
    > > I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    > > I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.

    > > Positioning is off.
    > > Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    > > It is off to the right.

    > > Payments are way off.

    > > I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    > > same problem.

    > > anybody else have this problem?
    > > i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    > > and don't say i bought the wrong car. *lol.

    > >http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    > The log in button is oddly placed in Konqueror. Seems okay in Firefox, a
    > little to the right but not freakishly so.
    > --
    > Stephen Fairchild

    yeah, same for me
    it gets a lot worse as you log in.
    thanks for checking.

    wonder how i can get this working in linux.

  5. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    On 2008-07-03, Stephen Fairchild claimed:
    > Psyc Geek wrote:
    >
    >> I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    >> I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.
    >>
    >> Positioning is off.
    >> Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    >> It is off to the right.
    >>
    >> Payments are way off.
    >>
    >> I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    >> same problem.
    >>
    >> anybody else have this problem?
    >> i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    >> and don't say i bought the wrong car. lol.
    >>
    >> http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    > The log in button is oddly placed in Konqueror. Seems okay in Firefox, a
    > little to the right but not freakishly so.

    Fisted probably mucks it up. The right side of the "Log In" button is
    exactly in line with the right side of the blanks you're supposed to
    fill in.

    The payment, credit, the tour and the icon for finidn out what vehicl
    "I can afford" is perfectly aligned, too.

    Next thing you know the troll will be reposting DuFuS links from 1997
    as "proof" that linux has major problems.

    --
    Q: How many Windows jokes are there?
    A: Millions. They're called "users".

  6. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    * Stephen Fairchild peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Psyc Geek wrote:
    >
    >> I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    >> I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.
    >>
    >> Positioning is off.
    >> Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    >> It is off to the right.
    >>
    >> Payments are way off.
    >>
    >> I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    >> same problem.
    >>
    >> anybody else have this problem?
    >> i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    >> and don't say i bought the wrong car. lol.
    >>
    >> http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    > The log in button is oddly placed in Konqueror. Seems okay in Firefox, a
    > little to the right but not freakishly so.

    Look at the page source. First, it starts out chock-a-block with line
    feeds. Not a functional thing, just odd. Anyway, if you look at the
    login form, it is a table. The row with the login button, its first
    column is an invisible text field "Invalid Username & Password
    Combination". The second column is the button.

    At the default size of the text on my system, the button is offset too
    much to the right. If I shrink the text (Ctrl-hyphen), no problem.

    This kind of crap is a common problem in web sites. The fact is that
    Internet Explorer simply handles text-sizes differently. And, not only
    do some half-assed web "developers" test only on Internet Explorer, they
    don't bother to test the page at different zooms.

    There are some sites where this is so bad there's no way to get a
    correct rendering.

    --
    K: Cobalt's metal, hard and shining;
    Cobol's wordy and confining;

  7. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 15:40:58 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek wrote:

    > I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    > I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.
    >
    > Positioning is off.
    > Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    > It is off to the right.
    >
    > Payments are way off.
    >
    > I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    > same problem.
    >
    > anybody else have this problem?
    > i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    > and don't say i bought the wrong car. lol.
    >
    > http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    I'm surprised the Linux loons haven't told you to buy a different car yet.
    That's their usual answer when the Linux/OSS crap doesn't work with
    everyday sites.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    Psyc Geek wrote:
    > I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    > I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.
    >
    > Positioning is off.
    > Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    > It is off to the right.
    >
    > Payments are way off.
    >
    > I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    > same problem.
    >
    > anybody else have this problem?
    > i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    > and don't say i bought the wrong car. lol.
    >
    > http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    Running PCLinuxOS 2007 (kernel 2.6.22.17.tex2).
    Looking at your page in Firefox 2.0.0.14 with
    a bunch of extensions (Add-Ons), including
    NoScript.

    The page looks good until I allow JavaScript. But
    then it's out of whack.

    However, pressing Ctrl and scrolling the wheel on
    the mouse (shrinking the font) makes the page fall
    into alignment beautifully.

  9. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    Psyc Geek wrote:

    > I have no problems on vista, in firefox.
    > I have problems on ubuntu, in firefox.
    >
    > Positioning is off.
    > Just look at the red Log In button on the screen.
    > It is off to the right.
    >
    > Payments are way off.
    >
    > I tried with opera, firefox, and epiphany.
    > same problem.
    >
    > anybody else have this problem?
    > i want to pay my toyota car loan on linux.
    > and don't say i bought the wrong car. lol.
    >
    > http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    The maker of this site delivered an utter crap job:

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Strict&group=0

    No less than 77 errors in this one little page. And even if you ignore the
    first DOCTYPE declaration (HTML 4.01 strict), and validate by the
    (illegal!) second or further DOCTYPE declarations (HTML 4.01 transitional),
    you still get more than 70 errors.

    I hope for your sake that Toyota builds better cars than websites.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  10. Re: Does this site look ok on your computer

    * Richard Rasker peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> http://www.toyotafinancial.com

    > The maker of this site delivered an utter crap job:
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Strict&group=0
    >
    > No less than 77 errors in this one little page....
    >
    > I hope for your sake that Toyota builds better cars than websites.

    Any Jack ****e who thinks he's hot because he can code up a database
    using Visual BASIC also thinks he can make a web site, and often can
    make a manager think he can, too.

    But building a car takes real planning and an infrastructure.

    Plus, one does not build a car on a buggy platform, and the elements of
    the car receive real testing.

    --
    Beware of computerized fortune-tellers!

+ Reply to Thread