Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous - Linux

This is a discussion on Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous - Linux ; http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20080703....mB3oyqD0jtBAF Sony PlayStation Site Hacked With 'Scareware' A new wave of SQL injection attacks is spreading across the Internet, and Sony USA's PlayStation Web site is among the victims. "Visiting the affected PlayStation site runs a script that pretends to ...

  1. Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20080703....mB3oyqD0jtBAF

    Sony PlayStation Site Hacked With 'Scareware'

    A new wave of SQL injection attacks is spreading across the Internet, and
    Sony USA's PlayStation Web site is among the victims.

    "Visiting the affected PlayStation site runs a script that pretends to do an
    online security scan of your computer, and presents a bogus warning message
    that your PC is infected with a variety of different pieces of malware," the
    SophosLabs blog explains.

    Seems that the Playstation site runs linux.

    http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...laystation.com

    Hosting History Netblock Owner IP address OS Web Server Last changed
    Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 210.175.169.153 Linux Apache 12-Jun-2008
    Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 210.175.169.153 Linux Apache 11-Mar-2008

    I wonder if it has the same malware infection that Roy Schestowitz got on
    his dangerous website or if it's the same malware that forced Ubuntu to take
    their servers off-line after they started attacking other servers?

    (Roy Schestowitz wrote

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c2e3fb593a38eb

    Schestowitz.com gets hacked and 0wned. Becomes part of zombie bot-net to
    infect visitors and attack other sites.

    This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    exploited. I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working with the Web
    host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra markup that
    points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually does. This
    will be resolved by the weekend.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....83a6898c?hl=en

    Ubuntu servers hacked to attack others

    More than half of Ubuntu's production servers had to be pulled offline after
    a security breach caused those servers to actively attack other machines

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=453&tag=nl.e550

  2. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    "Ezekiel" schreef in bericht

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20080703....mB3oyqD0jtBAF
    >

    > Sony PlayStation Site Hacked With 'Scareware'
    >
    > A new wave of SQL injection attacks is spreading across the Internet, and
    > Sony USA's PlayStation Web site is among the victims.
    >
    > "Visiting the affected PlayStation site runs a script that pretends to do
    > an online security scan of your computer, and presents a bogus warning
    > message that your PC is infected with a variety of different pieces of
    > malware," the SophosLabs blog explains.
    >

    > Seems that the Playstation site runs linux.
    >
    > http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...laystation.com
    >
    > Hosting History Netblock Owner IP address OS Web Server Last changed
    > Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 210.175.169.153 Linux Apache 12-Jun-2008
    > Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 210.175.169.153 Linux Apache 11-Mar-2008
    >

    > I wonder if it has the same malware infection that Roy Schestowitz got on
    > his dangerous website or if it's the same malware that forced Ubuntu to
    > take their servers off-line after they started attacking other servers?
    >

    > (Roy Schestowitz wrote
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c2e3fb593a38eb
    >
    > Schestowitz.com gets hacked and 0wned. Becomes part of zombie bot-net to
    > infect visitors and attack other sites.

    Yes and I have the proof here,
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorb...towitz.com.jpg
    He's part of the zombie bot-network, I'm sure.
    I bet that somebody pays him well, for his spamming and infection
    activities.
    The Cola-tards fool themselves claiming, "Linux is safe".
    Foolish claims they make, just like Peter Köhltard, who was asked:
    "Linux is perfect at everything"; Peter Köhlmann: "It is"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain
    Jeez, what a bunch of ****iung morons!
    Un-****ing-believable, isn't it!

    > This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    > exploited. I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working with the
    > Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra markup
    > that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
    > does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
    >

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....83a6898c?hl=en
    >
    > Ubuntu servers hacked to attack others
    >
    > More than half of Ubuntu's production servers had to be pulled offline
    > after a security breach caused those servers to actively attack other
    > machines
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=453&tag=nl.e550

  3. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    Clogwog wrote:
    > The Cola-tards fool themselves claiming, "Linux is safe".

    "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

  4. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 16:36:29 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > "Ezekiel" schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20080703....mB3oyqD0jtBAF
    >>

    >> Sony PlayStation Site Hacked With 'Scareware'
    >>
    >> A new wave of SQL injection attacks is spreading across the Internet, and
    >> Sony USA's PlayStation Web site is among the victims.
    >>
    >> "Visiting the affected PlayStation site runs a script that pretends to do
    >> an online security scan of your computer, and presents a bogus warning
    >> message that your PC is infected with a variety of different pieces of
    >> malware," the SophosLabs blog explains.
    >>

    >> Seems that the Playstation site runs linux.
    >>
    >> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...laystation.com
    >>
    >> Hosting History Netblock Owner IP address OS Web Server Last changed
    >> Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 210.175.169.153 Linux Apache 12-Jun-2008
    >> Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 210.175.169.153 Linux Apache 11-Mar-2008
    >>

    >> I wonder if it has the same malware infection that Roy Schestowitz got on
    >> his dangerous website or if it's the same malware that forced Ubuntu to
    >> take their servers off-line after they started attacking other servers?
    >>

    >> (Roy Schestowitz wrote
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c2e3fb593a38eb
    >>
    >> Schestowitz.com gets hacked and 0wned. Becomes part of zombie bot-net to
    >> infect visitors and attack other sites.

    > Yes and I have the proof here,
    > http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorb...towitz.com.jpg
    > He's part of the zombie bot-network, I'm sure.
    > I bet that somebody pays him well, for his spamming and infection
    > activities.
    > The Cola-tards fool themselves claiming, "Linux is safe".
    > Foolish claims they make, just like Peter Köhltard, who was asked:
    > "Linux is perfect at everything"; Peter Köhlmann: "It is"
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain
    > Jeez, what a bunch of ****iung morons!
    > Un-****ing-believable, isn't it!

    No doubt Roy Schestowitz's www.schestowitz.com Linux based site
    participated in the mass infection.

    His narcissistic attitude prevented him from listening to people who
    informed him that his site was doing funny things to their systems when
    they visited it.

    Ultimately the hackers shut him down.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    "Phil Da Lick!" schreef in
    bericht news:E5ednTT9Kr8NdvHVRVnyggA@posted.plusnet...
    > Clogwog wrote:
    >> The Cola-tards fool themselves claiming, "Linux is safe".

    > "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

    No I don't!
    http://keznews.com/2570_Microsoft__W...an_OS_X__Linux
    "Surprisingly, Vista came out in front: Vista had 5 vulnerabilities in its
    first 90 days, one of them fixed, and one pending with a High severity
    rating. By comparison, XP had a total of 17 vulnerabilities in its first 90
    days, 8 of which were rated High, when it shipped in 2001.
    The surprises, however, come when you compare the non-Microsoft competition.
    Mac OS X 10.4, a darling of the press, actually suffered from 20
    vulnerabilities in its first 90 days, 8 of which were rated High. Worse, OS
    X 10.4 still suffered from 17 publicly disclosed but unpatched
    vulnerabilities at the end of those 90 days. "The data doesn't support
    [Apple's] marketing," Jones writes.
    Linux fared even worse: Ubuntu 6.06 suffered from a whopping *71*
    vulnerabilities in its first 90 days, 27 of those rated High. And there were
    at least 29 unpatched vulnerabilities in that OS after the 90 day period
    ended. And so on."

  6. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:54:04 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > "Phil Da Lick!" schreef in
    > bericht news:E5ednTT9Kr8NdvHVRVnyggA@posted.plusnet...
    >> Clogwog wrote:
    >>> The Cola-tards fool themselves claiming, "Linux is safe".

    >> "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

    > No I don't!
    > http://keznews.com/2570_Microsoft__W...an_OS_X__Linux
    > "Surprisingly, Vista came out in front: Vista had 5 vulnerabilities in its
    > first 90 days, one of them fixed, and one pending with a High severity
    > rating. By comparison, XP had a total of 17 vulnerabilities in its first 90
    > days, 8 of which were rated High, when it shipped in 2001.
    > The surprises, however, come when you compare the non-Microsoft competition.
    > Mac OS X 10.4, a darling of the press, actually suffered from 20
    > vulnerabilities in its first 90 days, 8 of which were rated High. Worse, OS
    > X 10.4 still suffered from 17 publicly disclosed but unpatched
    > vulnerabilities at the end of those 90 days. "The data doesn't support
    > [Apple's] marketing," Jones writes.
    > Linux fared even worse: Ubuntu 6.06 suffered from a whopping *71*
    > vulnerabilities in its first 90 days, 27 of those rated High. And there were
    > at least 29 unpatched vulnerabilities in that OS after the 90 day period
    > ended. And so on."

    I'll bet the people using the current versions of Ubuntu long for those
    days.

    These days they can barely keep the crap running due to all the freezing
    problems Ubuntu seems to be prone to.

    Fedora users are having similar problems BTW.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Clogwog wrote:
    >> The Cola-tards fool themselves claiming, "Linux is safe".

    > "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

    No moron, the claim you'll find over and over and over again by Linux liars
    and idiots is "Linux is secure." (period)

    "Linux is secure, stable and fast."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "And linux is secure."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Linux is secure, stable and probably the best operating system ever
    invented."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Proof that Linux is secure!!!"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Mandrake Linux is secure as distributed."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Linux is secure."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "GNU/Linux is secure by design"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "also, linux is secure & easy to use."
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o.../browse_thread...

    "Linux is secure as long as you stay current."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

  8. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Clogwog wrote:
    >>> The Cola-tards fool themselves claiming, "Linux is safe".

    >> "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

    > No moron, the claim you'll find over and over and over again by Linux liars
    > and idiots is "Linux is secure." (period)

    You are such a dumb**** DooFus. How long do you think it'd take me to
    google up as many claims about windows in their adovcacy groups?

    Why you and the rest of the dummy brigade think this proves anything is
    beyond me.

  9. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>> "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

    >> No moron, the claim you'll find over and over and over again by Linux liars
    >> and idiots is "Linux is secure." (period)

    > You are such a dumb**** DooFus. How long do you think it'd take me to
    > google up as many claims about windows in their adovcacy groups?
    >
    > Why you and the rest of the dummy brigade think this proves anything is
    > beyond me.

    DFS is an idiot. No more, no less.

    --
    Hildebrant's Principle:
    If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

  10. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    On 2008-07-04, Linonut claimed:
    > * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> Why you and the rest of the dummy brigade think this proves anything is
    >> beyond me.

    > DFS is an idiot. No more, no less.

    He used to be a simple asshole. Now he's moved into Flatso territory,
    although he hasn't become the same kind of sociopath. Yet.

    --
    Windows - Where user apps destroy your OS.

  11. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:33:56 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>> "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

    >> No moron, the claim you'll find over and over and over again by Linux liars
    >> and idiots is "Linux is secure." (period)

    > You are such a dumb**** DooFus. How long do you think it'd take me to
    > google up as many claims about windows in their adovcacy groups?
    >
    > Why you and the rest of the dummy brigade think this proves anything is
    > beyond me.

    I doubt you will find people in the Windows groups talking about how secure
    Windows is.

    That's the difference.

    In COLA the Linux Loons LIE for LIEnux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>> "Linux is SAFER" I think you'll find the claim to be.

    >> No moron, the claim you'll find over and over and over again by
    >> Linux liars and idiots is "Linux is secure." (period)

    "Linux is secure, stable and fast."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "And linux is secure."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Linux is secure, stable and probably the best operating system ever
    invented."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Proof that Linux is secure!!!"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Mandrake Linux is secure as distributed."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "Linux is secure."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "GNU/Linux is secure by design"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    "also, linux is secure & easy to use."
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o.../browse_thread...

    "Linux is secure as long as you stay current."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....rowse_thread/t...

    > You are such a dumb**** DooFus. How long do you think it'd take me to
    > google up as many claims about windows in their adovcacy groups?

    The fact that you didn't do it already means you tried and failed.

    > Why you and the rest of the dummy brigade think this proves anything
    > is beyond me.

    Well, it proves for certain you were wrong about your "Linux is safer"
    claim.

    Just about everything is beyond you... except you're not stupid enough to
    actually try and make a living with Linux.

  13. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:33:56 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> No moron, the claim you'll find over and over and over again by
    >>> Linux liars and idiots is "Linux is secure." (period)

    >> You are such a dumb**** DooFus. How long do you think it'd take me to
    >> google up as many claims about windows in their adovcacy groups?
    >>
    >> Why you and the rest of the dummy brigade think this proves anything
    >> is beyond me.

    > I doubt you will find people in the Windows groups talking about how
    > secure Windows is.
    >
    > That's the difference.
    >
    > In COLA the Linux Loons LIE for LIEnux.

    Not just on cola, but everywhere in the world - in print and online.

    Read the comments in stories about Microsoft - there's always a petulant
    Linux luser somewhere lying about Linux and Microsoft.

  14. Re: Sony PlayStation site (running linux) hacked and made dangerous

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-07-04, Linonut claimed:
    >> * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Why you and the rest of the dummy brigade think this proves anything is
    >>> beyond me.

    >> DFS is an idiot. No more, no less.

    > He used to be a simple asshole. Now he's moved into Flatso territory,
    > although he hasn't become the same kind of sociopath. Yet.

    I wish he'd get a few more database clients to keep him busy.

    Maybe he needs a Visual BASIC front-end to MySQL.

    --
    It's a poor workman who blames his tools.

+ Reply to Thread