Vista experience - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista experience - Linux ; Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and I just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its last leg, so I bought a new computer with ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

  1. Vista experience

    Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and I
    just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its last
    leg, so I bought a new computer with Vista Ultimate loaded onto it. I
    purchased the Vista Ultimate edition because I upgraded my computer
    requirements due some increased job requirements. The first problem I had
    was the HP scanner I had now didn't work. This was not surprising because it
    was an old scanner to begin with. My older HP ink jet printer did have a
    updated driver and works fine. The only other problem I encountered was one
    specialized software program, a genealogy program didn't have any Vista
    driver updates but it worked fine (I have since bought a new version written
    with Vista). I have to say my overall experience with Vista has been
    completely positive. It doesn't crash or freeze as often as Ubuntu or most
    Linux distro's and when it does, you can recover right back to where you
    were in the program. My DSL connection was a breeze to connect, Vista even
    made all the connections for me intuitively - I didn't need to jump in and
    input all the server addresses, etc. I suppose my need for a high-end
    computer has made a difference for me because that plays to Vista's
    strength. But I have purchased a laptop for my mother to stay in contact
    with grandchildren in other states and it only has the Vista Home Edition on
    it. It also works just fine. I don't know what everyone is talking about
    when they start trashing Vista, I have had a *wonderful* experience. It is
    different and required a learning curve to relearn how to do things in the
    OS but that is to be expected. And I think that is what most people are
    complaining about - change. Vista is different from XP. But XP was different
    from Windows 95 and all the Windows OS's were different from MS-DOS (which
    was easy to use if you knew all the commands) but I don't think we want to
    start going backwards, do we?
    --
    HPT

  2. Re: Vista experience

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and
    > I just love it, fscking WOW!!

    Did you mistakenly post in the wrong the newsgroup?

    Oh, wait a minute, you're a troll, aren't you?

    Enjoy Vista ME, someone has to.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Vista experience

    RonB writes:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and
    >> I just love it, fscking WOW!!

    > Did you mistakenly post in the wrong the newsgroup?
    >
    > Oh, wait a minute, you're a troll, aren't you?
    >
    > Enjoy Vista ME, someone has to.

    Oh look! Phil Arselick, High Plains Hypocrite AND WronG all posting
    today! There'll be trouble ahead - music and laughter ....

    --
    "Of course, by the time Gnash gets its act together, we'll
    probably all have to start all over again with Silverlight

  4. Re: Vista experience

    On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and I
    > just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its last
    > leg, so I bought a new computer with Vista Ultimate loaded onto it. I
    > purchased the Vista Ultimate edition because I upgraded my computer
    > requirements due some increased job requirements. The first problem I had
    > was the HP scanner I had now didn't work. This was not surprising because it
    > was an old scanner to begin with. My older HP ink jet printer did have a
    > updated driver and works fine. The only other problem I encountered was one
    > specialized software program, a genealogy program didn't have any Vista
    > driver updates but it worked fine (I have since bought a new version written
    > with Vista). I have to say my overall experience with Vista has been
    > completely positive. It doesn't crash or freeze as often as Ubuntu or most
    > Linux distro's and when it does, you can recover right back to where you
    > were in the program. My DSL connection was a breeze to connect, Vista even
    > made all the connections for me intuitively - I didn't need to jump in and
    > input all the server addresses, etc. I suppose my need for a high-end
    > computer has made a difference for me because that plays to Vista's
    > strength. But I have purchased a laptop for my mother to stay in contact
    > with grandchildren in other states and it only has the Vista Home Edition on
    > it. It also works just fine. I don't know what everyone is talking about
    > when they start trashing Vista, I have had a *wonderful* experience. It is
    > different and required a learning curve to relearn how to do things in the
    > OS but that is to be expected. And I think that is what most people are
    > complaining about - change. Vista is different from XP. But XP was different
    > from Windows 95 and all the Windows OS's were different from MS-DOS (which
    > was easy to use if you knew all the commands) but I don't think we want to
    > start going backwards, do we?

    So you adn Marti are back together again?
    Great!

    High Plains Thumper *Thumps* again!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Vista experience

    On 2008-07-02, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and I
    > just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its last
    > leg, so I bought a new computer with Vista Ultimate loaded onto it. I
    > purchased the Vista Ultimate edition because I upgraded my computer
    > requirements due some increased job requirements. The first problem I had
    > was the HP scanner I had now didn't work. This was not surprising because it
    > was an old scanner to begin with. My older HP ink jet printer did have a

    > updated driver and works fine. The only other problem I encountered was one
    > specialized software program, a genealogy program didn't have any Vista

    Special Vista requirements for a GENEALOGY program? How absurd.

    > driver updates but it worked fine (I have since bought a new version written
    > with Vista). I have to say my overall experience with Vista has been
    > completely positive. It doesn't crash or freeze as often as Ubuntu or most
    > Linux distro's and when it does, you can recover right back to where you

    You can't get any lower than zero.

    If Vista is crashing or freezing at all then it loses.

    [deletia]

    The crusty old machine I could mebbe see some reliability issues
    since it's near end of life. A new machine shouldn't have any troubles
    and you should be tolerating any. Even the potential cruft should be
    at a bear minimum. It should be like a fresh 95 or XP install.

    "It crashes less" is nothing to brag about.

    Vista certainly has the bells and whistles. It looks like a weak
    attempt to mock MacOS again. It's too bad they haven't done a knockoff
    of time machine yet. Simple global file copies aren't.

    --

    The average IT manager is a less effective mentor than a
    Spongebob Squarepants cartoon.

  6. Re: [Troll-allert] Vista experience

    Clogwog, pretending to be High Plains Thumper lied:

    > Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days

    If I gave you advices, you would be using Ubuntu Hardy Heron by now, in
    stead of Vista CrapOS. Which I will *never* infest my own machines with.
    You are totally pulling this out of your rectum again. You filthy liar!

    You probably spotted this treat on security.nl, where I am asking for
    help with the procedure to get a refund for pre installed Vista CrapOS:

    http://www.security.nl/forum/i/232109/

    It's in Dutch and I don't bother to translate it. Those in COLA, who
    know Dutch will have prove you are lying again (as usual).

    Now FOAD !

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  7. Re: Vista experience - TROLL ALERT

    Anonymous Remailer Nymthief poseuring as High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Marti advised me on this one and [rest of imposter's gob****e SNIP'd]

    Imposter's header info:

    Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200

    Marti's advice? You're a liar, a fraud, a sorry arsed coward for
    stealing my nym. Here's our advice: Dump Vista and get yourself
    a real man's OS, Linux.

    --
    HPT

  8. Re: Vista experience - TROLL ALERT

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Anonymous Remailer Nymthief poseuring as High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Marti advised me on this one and [rest of imposter's gob****e SNIP'd]

    > Imposter's header info:

    > Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200
    >
    > Marti's advice? You're a liar, a fraud, a sorry arsed coward for
    > stealing my nym. Here's our advice: Dump Vista and get yourself a real
    > man's OS, Linux.

    Well the problem is GNU/Linux requires an IQ > 80

    Thus you are expecting the impossible from Cloggie woggie, the wanna be
    kuttelikkertje (because I doubt he has ever tasted one).

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  9. Re: Vista experience

    * High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and I
    > just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its last
    > leg, so I bought a new computer with Vista Ultimate loaded onto it. I
    > purchased the Vista Ultimate edition because I upgraded my computer
    > requirements due some increased job requirements. The first problem I had
    > was the HP scanner I had now didn't work. This was not surprising because it
    > was an old scanner to begin with. My older HP ink jet printer did have a
    > updated driver and works fine. The only other problem I encountered was one
    > specialized software program, a genealogy program didn't have any Vista
    > driver updates but it worked fine (I have since bought a new version written
    > with Vista). I have to say my overall experience with Vista has been
    > completely positive. It doesn't crash or freeze as often as Ubuntu or most
    > Linux distro's and when it does, you can recover right back to where you
    > were in the program. My DSL connection was a breeze to connect, Vista even
    > made all the connections for me intuitively - I didn't need to jump in and
    > input all the server addresses, etc. I suppose my need for a high-end
    > computer has made a difference for me because that plays to Vista's
    > strength. But I have purchased a laptop for my mother to stay in contact
    > with grandchildren in other states and it only has the Vista Home Edition on
    > it. It also works just fine. I don't know what everyone is talking about
    > when they start trashing Vista, I have had a *wonderful* experience. It is
    > different and required a learning curve to relearn how to do things in the
    > OS but that is to be expected. And I think that is what most people are
    > complaining about - change. Vista is different from XP. But XP was different
    > from Windows 95 and all the Windows OS's were different from MS-DOS (which
    > was easy to use if you knew all the commands) but I don't think we want to
    > start going backwards, do we?

    Idiot nym-copper.

  10. Re: Vista experience - TROLL ALERT

    ml2mst wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Anonymous Remailer Nymthief poseuring as High Plains Thumper
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Marti advised me on this one and [rest of imposter's
    >>> gob****e SNIP'd]

    >> Imposter's header info:

    >> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200
    >>
    >> Marti's advice? You're a liar, a fraud, a sorry arsed
    >> coward for stealing my nym. Here's our advice: Dump Vista
    >> and get yourself a real man's OS, Linux.

    > Well the problem is GNU/Linux requires an IQ > 80
    >
    > Thus you are expecting the impossible from Cloggie woggie, the
    > wanna be kuttelikkertje (because I doubt he has ever tasted
    > one).

    LOL, good point! Could expect nothing more from this watje, a
    member of the Microsoft welzijnsmafia, stealing my nym to make up
    for a little dick.

    --
    HPT

  11. Re: Vista experience

    Hadron wrote:
    > RonB writes:
    >> Nymthief watje making up for a little dick by poseuring as
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a
    >>> few days now and I just love it, fscking WOW!!

    >> Did you mistakenly post in the wrong the newsgroup? Oh,
    >> wait a minute, you're a troll, aren't you? Enjoy Vista ME,
    >> someone has to.

    > Oh look! Phil Arselick, High Plains Hypocrite AND WronG all
    > posting today! There'll be trouble ahead - music and laughter

    Another case of gross illiteracy from someone with an IQ of an
    idiot. I am not Phil Da Lick! or RonB.

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    http://tinyurl.com/6ngfby

    Subject: Re: Microsoft's Secret Sauce for 'Success'
    Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:32:35 +0900

    >> No it isn't. Linux is freely available for download. The
    >> problem is that for too long Linux was crap and simply not
    >> ready for the prime time desktop. It is now. But it's missed
    >> the boat. And people like you whining all the time about MS
    >> isn't going to change that. Grow a set of balls and advocate
    >> LINUX and stop whinging like schoolgirl about the Market
    >> Leader. [....]

    Hadron uses a very common trolling technique. Rather than
    participate in the discussion, attempts to deflect the issues by
    flinging insulting retorts, such as homophobic name calling and
    referring to a poster's expressions as "whines". In his
    insulting, extolls a competing operating system by calling it a
    market leader. This confirms he is here to troll.

    He misrepresents the truth, showing that he truly is not an
    advocate, referring to Linux as crap. Yet 10 years ago, Linux was
    a complete and suitable desktop product. As you show in the
    following explanations regarding Microsoft concerns expressed
    through the Halloween papers.
    --
    HPT

  12. Re: Vista experience

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:38:43 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200, nymthief kuttelikkertje clogwog,
    > poseuring as High Plains Thumper to make up for a little dick wrote:
    >
    >> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now
    >> and I just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen

    > So you adn Marti are back together again? Great!
    >
    > High Plains Thumper *Thumps* again!

    Flatfish troll multi-crossposts to express his worthless opinions.

    You and clogwog are butt buddies, you on top and he down under.

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...wog-troll.html

    --
    HPT
    Thumper - a single cylinder motorcycle

  13. Re: Vista experience

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:38:43 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200, nymthief kuttelikkertje clogwog,
    > poseuring as High Plains Thumper to make up for a little dick wrote:
    >
    >> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now
    >> and I just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen

    > So you adn Marti are back together again? Great!
    >
    > High Plains Thumper *Thumps* again!

    Flatfish troll multi-crossposts to express his worthless opinions.

    You and clogwog are butt buddies, you on top and he down under.

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...wog-troll.html

    --
    HPT
    Thumper - a single cylinder motorcycle

  14. Re: Vista experience

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut

    wrote
    on Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:45:17 -0400
    :
    > * High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:

    [crunch]

    > Idiot nym-copper.

    *doubletakes*

    WTF? One of them has Organization: CNNTP;
    the other Single Cylinder Motorcycles.

    Ye gods. Weirder than chrisv's stalkers.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #992381111:
    while(bit&BITMASK) ;

  15. Re: Vista experience

    RonB wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days
    >> now and I just love it, fscking WOW!!

    > Did you mistakenly post in the wrong the newsgroup?
    >
    > Oh, wait a minute, you're a troll, aren't you?
    >
    > Enjoy Vista ME, someone has to.

    Most people do. For a large number of positive reviews in one place:
    www.newegg.com

    Linux on the other hand...

  16. Re: Vista experience

    On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and I
    >just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its last
    >leg, so I bought a new computer with Vista Ultimate loaded onto it. I
    >purchased the Vista Ultimate edition because I upgraded my computer

    No, what people are complaining about is that vista makes a dual core/2.5 ghz
    machine w/ 3 gig of ram run like a 500mhz pentium 3 with 128M of ram.

    The insane bloat doesn't buy enough in return.

  17. Re: Vista experience

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS

    wrote
    on Wed, 2 Jul 2008 20:21:45 -0400
    :
    > RonB wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days
    >>> now and I just love it, fscking WOW!!

    >> Did you mistakenly post in the wrong the newsgroup?
    >>
    >> Oh, wait a minute, you're a troll, aren't you?
    >>
    >> Enjoy Vista ME, someone has to.

    Vista Aero is presumably a very enjoyable experience
    for the ignorant. ;-) A bit like seeing a '74 Ford Pinto
    or an Edsel for the very first time, having never seen
    an automobile before...or only a horseless carriage.
    Wow! It starts with a key now!

    (Meanwhile, the tractor-trailer rigs, tanks, airplanes,
    flying cars, and satellites pass by, unnoticed...)

    > Most people do. For a large number of positive reviews in one place:
    > www.newegg.com
    >
    > Linux on the other hand...

    .... won't even boot, not without /sbin/init, libc.so,
    ld-linux.so.2, linux-gate.so.1, and a bootloader.
    (/bin/sh is an optional extra, though it depends on what's
    in /etc/inittab, which /sbin/init reads during startup.)

    Did you want to specify a specific distro? At least there
    one can ask more intelligent questions, and make more
    intelligent observations. A fair number of Winvocates
    or Wintrools have posted various freezes, failures, and
    foulups related to Linux distros (Ubuntu in particular
    seems to be the current target) -- how accurate these
    are, I for one don't know, and one grows suspicious as
    the posts don't detail the hardware; they just say "my
    machine freezes" or "my sound doesn't work" or "my webcam
    shows nothing". (Not horribly helpful for diagnosis.)

    Personally, I like Gentoo and have used it for several
    years, but it's not for the squeamish or the ubernovice.
    I'm not sure if this nx9010 can handle Vista or not;
    I don't know if it has a hardware Pixel Shader 2.0,
    for example. (It has ATi, that much I can tell you.)
    It has everything else, though I'd have to give the XP
    partition more space to play with, as it's currently
    sitting in its own 10 GB area on /dev/hda1.

    Nor am I all that enthusiastic about shelling out $150
    or more for an Ultimate Upgrade. But never mind that; I
    guess I'm cheap and should just pay the Microsoft Tax(tm)
    and don't worry, be happy. After all, Vista is a state
    of the art OS.

    (And it's a sorry state, too, though SP1 helped some, apparently.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Murphy was an optimist.

  18. Re: Vista experience

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 19:51:39 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:

    > On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and I
    >>just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its last
    >>leg, so I bought a new computer with Vista Ultimate loaded onto it. I
    >>purchased the Vista Ultimate edition because I upgraded my computer

    > No, what people are complaining about is that vista makes a dual core/2.5 ghz
    > machine w/ 3 gig of ram run like a 500mhz pentium 3 with 128M of ram.
    >
    > The insane bloat doesn't buy enough in return.

    That's what you Linux loons said about:

    Windows 98
    Windows 98SE
    Windows 2000
    Windows ME (I'll give ya that one)...
    Windows XP.

    It's the same old story with you guys.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: Vista experience

    "High Plains Thumper" wrote
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> RonB writes:
    >>> Nymthief watje making up for a little dick by poseuring as High Plains

    >>> Did you mistakenly post in the wrong the newsgroup? Oh, wait a minute,
    >>> you're a troll, aren't you? Enjoy Vista ME, someone has to.

    >> Oh look! Phil Arselick, High Plains Hypocrite AND WronG all posting
    >> today! There'll be trouble ahead - music and laughter ....

    > Another case of gross illiteracy from someone with an IQ of an idiot. I
    > am not Phil Da Lick! or RonB.
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/6ngfby
    >
    > Subject: Re: Microsoft's Secret Sauce for 'Success'
    > Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:32:35 +0900
    >
    >>> No it isn't. Linux is freely available for download. The
    >>> problem is that for too long Linux was crap and simply not
    >>> ready for the prime time desktop. It is now. But it's missed
    >>> the boat. And people like you whining all the time about MS
    >>> isn't going to change that. Grow a set of balls and advocate
    >>> LINUX and stop whinging like schoolgirl about the Market
    >>> Leader. [....]

    > Hadron uses a very common trolling technique. Rather than
    > participate in the discussion, attempts to deflect the issues by
    > flinging insulting retorts, such as homophobic name calling and
    > referring to a poster's expressions as "whines". In his
    > insulting, extolls a competing operating system by calling it a
    > market leader. This confirms he is here to troll.
    >
    > He misrepresents the truth, showing that he truly is not an
    > advocate, referring to Linux as crap. Yet 10 years ago, Linux was
    > a complete and suitable desktop product. As you show in the
    > following explanations regarding Microsoft concerns expressed
    > through the Halloween papers.

    Err!! Some troll is pretending to be "HPT". Ignore the forging nym-shifting
    troll who pretends to be HPT!
    --
    HPT

  20. Re: [Troll-allert] Vista experience

    "ml2mst" schreef in bericht
    > Clogwog, pretending to be High Plains Thumper lied:
    >
    >> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days

    > If I gave you advices, you would be using Ubuntu Hardy Heron by now, in
    > stead of Vista CrapOS. Which I will *never* infest my own machines with.
    > You are totally pulling this out of your rectum again. You filthy liar!
    >
    > You probably spotted this treat on security.nl, where I am asking for
    > help with the procedure to get a refund for pre installed Vista CrapOS:
    >
    > http://www.security.nl/forum/i/232109/

    Liar, you don't intend to install Ubuntu Hardon Heron, you just want to
    upgrade to the real Vista.
    "ML2MST runs XP with Vista look right now!"
    http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2007/11/f...indows-xp.html
    http://bp0.blogger.com/_dQCKkApAq-Q/...vista_file.png
    http://bp3.blogger.com/_dQCKkApAq-Q/...ista_media.png

    > It's in Dutch and I don't bother to translate it. Those in COLA, who
    > know Dutch will have prove you are lying again (as usual).
    >
    > Now FOAD !

    Make me, you twat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast