Vista experience - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista experience - Linux ; Nymthief watje making up for a little dick by poseuring as High Plains Thumper schreef: > The Real High Plains Thumper wrote... > >> He misrepresents the truth, showing that he truly is not an >> advocate, referring to Linux ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

  1. Re: Vista experience

    Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:47:21 +0200

    Yup, as Marti says, a kuttelikkertje wannabee, vuile rukhond.

    --
    HPT

  2. Re: [Troll-allert] Vista experience

    Clogwog schreef:
    > "ml2mst" schreef...
    >
    >> It's in Dutch and I don't bother to translate it. Those in
    >> COLA, who know Dutch will have prove you are lying again (as
    >> usual). Now FOAD !

    > Make me, you twat!

  3. Re: Vista experience - TROLL ALERT

    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/acne.htm

    --
    HPT

  4. Re: Vista experience

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:47:21 +0200, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Err!! Some troll is pretending to be "HPT". Ignore the forging nym-shifting
    > troll who pretends to be HPT!

    Which one of your nyms is he pretending to be?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Vista experience

    High Plains Thumper wrote in

    > On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:38:43 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200, nymthief kuttelikkertje clogwog,
    >> poseuring as High Plains Thumper to make up for a little dick wrote:
    >>
    >>> Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now
    >>> and I just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen

    >> So you adn Marti are back together again? Great!
    >>
    >> High Plains Thumper *Thumps* again!

    > Flatfish troll multi-crossposts to express his worthless opinions.
    >
    > You and clogwog are butt buddies, you on top and he down under.
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...wog-troll.html

    So, how is that strategy of ignoring trolls going for you, dude?

    --
    Religion provides the means for the ignorant to declare with absolute
    certainty that they know the unknowable.

  6. Re: Vista experience

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > That's what you Linux loons said about:
    >
    > Windows 98
    > Windows 98SE
    > Windows 2000
    > Windows ME (I'll give ya that one)...
    > Windows XP.
    >
    > It's the same old story with you guys.

    If the story holds true, why change it?
    Each release of windows has made the current hardware run like something
    from 5 years ago.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  7. Re: Vista experience

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 19:51:39 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:11:03 +0200, High Plains Thumper
    >> wrote:
    >>>Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and
    >>>I just love it, fscking WOW!! In June, my Ubuntu computer had seen its
    >>>last leg, so I bought a new computer with Vista Ultimate loaded onto it.
    >>>I purchased the Vista Ultimate edition because I upgraded my computer

    >> No, what people are complaining about is that vista makes a dual core/2.5
    >> ghz machine w/ 3 gig of ram run like a 500mhz pentium 3 with 128M of ram.
    >>
    >> The insane bloat doesn't buy enough in return.

    > That's what you Linux loons said about:

    Win95: outrun by Win3.x

    > Windows 98

    Outrun by Win95

    > Windows 98SE

    Basically the same as Win98, just a little lipstick on that pig

    NT3: outrun by about everything

    NT4: outrun by NT3

    > Windows 2000

    outrun by NT4

    > Windows ME (I'll give ya that one)...

    A typical MS product. Shoddy beyond belief
    And instead of shooting the "developers" of that crap on sight, they let
    them "program" Vista

    > Windows XP.

    Outrun by W2K

    Vista: Outrun by XP

    > It's the same old story with you guys.

    Yup. Everyone is telling you widiots that the next Windows version is slow
    as molasses compared to the immediate predecessor. And it is true, yet you
    still howl

    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    It could be worse, but it'll take time.

  8. Re: Vista experience

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:57:05 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    >Yup. Everyone is telling you widiots that the next Windows version is slow
    >as molasses compared to the immediate predecessor. And it is true, yet you
    >still howl

    Meanwhile vista is being marketed for processors that can't address
    enough memory for just the OS, a required internet security package, and
    and ms office. 3GB is the max for 32 machines and it isn't
    enough for vista. As joked about 5 years ago, the reason microsoft
    really needs to run on a 64 bit architecture isn't performace; it is so
    that it can address enough memory to hold the bloat.

  9. Re: Vista experience

    * AZ Nomad peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:57:05 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >>Yup. Everyone is telling you widiots that the next Windows version is slow
    >>as molasses compared to the immediate predecessor. And it is true, yet you
    >>still howl

    > Meanwhile vista is being marketed for processors that can't address
    > enough memory for just the OS, a required internet security package, and
    > and ms office. 3GB is the max for 32 machines and it isn't
    > enough for vista. As joked about 5 years ago, the reason microsoft
    > really needs to run on a 64 bit architecture isn't performace; it is so
    > that it can address enough memory to hold the bloat.

    I actually saw a 64-bit Vista laptop in an Staples sales brochure today.

    Sounds like Microsoft's slowly working out the issues with their initial
    crap in public, as per usual. Get the **** out the door, make it work
    later.

    --
    Without facts, the decision cannot be made logically. You must rely on
    your human intuition.

  10. Re: Vista experience

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:26:37 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >* AZ Nomad peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:57:05 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yup. Everyone is telling you widiots that the next Windows version is slow
    >>>as molasses compared to the immediate predecessor. And it is true, yet you
    >>>still howl

    >> Meanwhile vista is being marketed for processors that can't address
    >> enough memory for just the OS, a required internet security package, and
    >> and ms office. 3GB is the max for 32 machines and it isn't
    >> enough for vista. As joked about 5 years ago, the reason microsoft
    >> really needs to run on a 64 bit architecture isn't performace; it is so
    >> that it can address enough memory to hold the bloat.

    >I actually saw a 64-bit Vista laptop in an Staples sales brochure today.

    >Sounds like Microsoft's slowly working out the issues with their initial
    >crap in public, as per usual. Get the **** out the door, make it work
    >later.

    If it's anything like 64 bit XP, it'll require twice again the processor
    and memory. Maybe it's time for microsoft to use gnuish compiler technology.
    It's clear that their inhouse compilers are ****.

  11. Re: Vista experience

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:26:37 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * AZ Nomad peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:57:05 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yup. Everyone is telling you widiots that the next Windows version is slow
    >>>as molasses compared to the immediate predecessor. And it is true, yet you
    >>>still howl

    >> Meanwhile vista is being marketed for processors that can't address
    >> enough memory for just the OS, a required internet security package, and
    >> and ms office. 3GB is the max for 32 machines and it isn't
    >> enough for vista. As joked about 5 years ago, the reason microsoft
    >> really needs to run on a 64 bit architecture isn't performace; it is so
    >> that it can address enough memory to hold the bloat.

    > I actually saw a 64-bit Vista laptop in an Staples sales brochure today.

    I saw that one.
    I really don't see any need for a 64 bit laptop unless the person has 64
    bit apps and is doing intensive CPU based work like video rendering etc.

    > Sounds like Microsoft's slowly working out the issues with their initial
    > crap in public, as per usual. Get the **** out the door, make it work
    > later.

    That statement holds true for software in general, commercial or OSS.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Vista experience

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > And just as they finally get it to "work" (FSVO: work), they release
    > another; more expensive version that doesn't, and force their channel
    > "partners" to stop selling the old version, whilst marketing this new
    > version as "better".
    >
    > That's quite a scam.
    >
    > The bit where their channel "partners" slap "We recommend [new version]"
    > labels all over their Websites and systems, practically before this [new
    > version] is even available, is especially funny.

    That's Ballmer's work. Ever the soap salesman: "NEW and IMPROVED!!!!!"

    --
    There are many times when you want it to ignore the rest of the string just
    like atof() does. Oddly enough, Perl calls atof(). How convenient. :-)

  13. Re: Vista experience

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut

    wrote
    on Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:26:37 -0400
    :
    > * AZ Nomad peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:57:05 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yup. Everyone is telling you widiots that the next Windows version is slow
    >>>as molasses compared to the immediate predecessor. And it is true, yet you
    >>>still howl

    >> Meanwhile vista is being marketed for processors that can't address
    >> enough memory for just the OS, a required internet security package, and
    >> and ms office. 3GB is the max for 32 machines and it isn't
    >> enough for vista. As joked about 5 years ago, the reason microsoft
    >> really needs to run on a 64 bit architecture isn't performace; it is so
    >> that it can address enough memory to hold the bloat.

    > I actually saw a 64-bit Vista laptop in an Staples sales brochure today.
    >
    > Sounds like Microsoft's slowly working out the issues with their initial
    > crap in public, as per usual. Get the **** out the door, make it work
    > later.

    And sell, sell, sell! After all, who really cares about
    technical competence when you can have all that Aero glitz?

    :-P

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: No such file or directory

  14. Re: Vista experience

    Snit wrote:
    >> Of course there's always Compiz ... which is better by /miles/.
    >> And free.

    > I have only played with Cimpiz for a bit... found it completely over the top
    > and more of a detriment than a benefit. What about it do you like?

    Over the top?
    You don't need to activate every bell and whistle you know.
    I have it on, just for the cube, which I like.
    If I had a video card rather than on board intel, I might activate a few
    more features too, but the cube's enough to get on with.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  15. Re: Vista experience

    "Andrew Halliwell" stated in post
    1pqfk5-i8t.ln1@ponder.sky.com on 7/9/08 3:30 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >>> Of course there's always Compiz ... which is better by /miles/.
    >>> And free.

    >> I have only played with Cimpiz for a bit... found it completely over the top
    >> and more of a detriment than a benefit. What about it do you like?

    > Over the top?
    > You don't need to activate every bell and whistle you know.
    > I have it on, just for the cube, which I like.
    > If I had a video card rather than on board intel, I might activate a few
    > more features too, but the cube's enough to get on with.

    Sure... if you use it very slightly it is not over the top. OK.

    It makes a nice demo...

    --
    Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?

  16. Re: Vista experience

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Marti advised me on this one and I have used Vista for a few days now and
    > I just love it, fscking WOW!!

    Yup, I love it too. Kicked it from almost a dozen computers already in the
    past few months, with two more coming in for the same treatment this
    weekend -- after which these people will truly have a lightning fast
    whizzbang Linux machine, with most everything they'll ever need.
    And at some 20 quid per install job, the pay ain't bad either, for only 20
    minutes of work on average :-)

    So thank you mr. Gates, mr. Ballmer, for pushing Vista, and making OEM's get
    all those high-performance PC's out there, ready to unfold their true
    potential running Linux!

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  17. Re: Vista experience

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Andrew Halliwell

    wrote
    on Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:30:25 +0100
    <1pqfk5-i8t.ln1@ponder.sky.com>:
    > Snit wrote:
    >>> Of course there's always Compiz ... which is better by /miles/.
    >>> And free.

    >> I have only played with Cimpiz for a bit... found it completely
    >> over the top and more of a detriment than a benefit. What about
    >> it do you like?

    > Over the top?
    > You don't need to activate every bell and whistle you know.
    > I have it on, just for the cube, which I like.
    > If I had a video card rather than on board intel, I might activate a few
    > more features too, but the cube's enough to get on with.

    Personally, I'd prefer an extruded regular N-sided polygon,
    where N >= 3 is an arbitrary value. Of course my needs
    aren't that complicated; the Gnome workspace switcher (a
    flat subdivided ribbon usually stuck in the Gnome panel)
    is adequate.

    Even the MacOSX "fisheye" effect appears a bit grotesque to
    me, though it does have the advantage of allowing the user
    to find his cursor quickly. I don't know if there's
    hovertext associated with the icons, though.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because it's there and it works.
    Windows. It's there, but does it work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2