MSFT is way down today, why? - Linux

This is a discussion on MSFT is way down today, why? - Linux ; MSFT 12:40PM ET 26.64 0.87 3.16% 44,199,621 My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? Is MSFT losing market share to Linux? Nah...probably just noise. RL...

  1. MSFT is way down today, why?

    MSFT 12:40PM ET 26.64 0.87 3.16% 44,199,621

    My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? Is MSFT losing market share
    to Linux?

    Nah...probably just noise.

    RL

  2. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:59:40 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:

    > MSFT 12:40PM ET 26.64 0.87 3.16% 44,199,621
    >
    > My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? Is MSFT losing market share to
    > Linux?
    >
    > Nah...probably just noise.
    >
    > RL

    just keep a close eye on those structural supports holding up the
    monopoly wall because once those give out msft will be toast so fast it
    will make your head spin

  3. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    On Jul 1, 9:59*am, raylopez99 wrote:
    > MSFT * *12:40PM ET * * *26.64 * *0.87 * *3.16% *44,199,621
    >
    > My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? *Is MSFT losing market share
    > to Linux?
    >
    > Nah...probably just noise.
    >
    > RL

    Gates retired.

  4. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 17:14:05 +0000, Mike wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:59:40 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> MSFT 12:40PM ET 26.64 0.87 3.16% 44,199,621
    >>
    >> My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? Is MSFT losing market share to
    >> Linux?
    >>
    >> Nah...probably just noise.
    >>
    >> RL

    > just keep a close eye on those structural supports holding up the
    > monopoly wall because once those give out msft will be toast so fast it
    > will make your head spin

    We can all hope, but it is unlikely.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 17:14:05 +0000, Mike wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:59:40 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> MSFT 12:40PM ET 26.64 0.87 3.16% 44,199,621
    >>
    >> My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? Is MSFT losing market share to
    >> Linux?
    >>
    >> Nah...probably just noise.
    >>
    >> RL

    > just keep a close eye on those structural supports holding up the monopoly
    > wall because once those give out msft will be toast so fast it will make
    > your head spin

    Gates left the company. He's sold stock, as he suddenly realised "You can
    fool all of the people for a long time, but now they're finding out it was
    all a scam!"

    http://reactor-core.org/microsoft-pyramid.html

    -
    The little scamps! It's the oldest trick in the book: capture your ship,
    turn it into a planet, then explore a macro universe in a laundry basket.
    How could you fall for an old scam like that?
    --Holly, Nanarchy - Red Dwarf--

  6. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    "PeterL" wrote in message
    On Jul 1, 9:59 am, raylopez99 wrote:
    >> MSFT 12:40PM ET 26.64 0.87 3.16% 44,199,621
    >>
    >> My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? Is MSFT losing market share
    >> to Linux?
    >>
    >> Nah...probably just noise.
    >>
    >> RL

    >Gates retired.

    I guess that investors out on Wall St. are a "bit slow" or something. Gates
    announced his retirement about 2 years ago. It's not like they didn't know
    last week, or the week before or the month before that he was leaving.

  7. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    GOOG is in the process of devel a linux based O/S which would
    be available free to OEM's in exchange for paid search rights
    exclusivity. The DOJ and Micro will combine to stop GOOG from
    taking complete domin of this marketplace.

    Seems google hates softy more then the rest of the world and there
    is enough support that this thing will fly. They have an office
    type product that could knock the giant into the dirt.

    If it were anyone other than GOOG i would say they were dreaming,
    we are speaking of a free, completely web based o/s, think of a
    great new world without Softy.

    Its closer then anyone thinks, i would long GOOG on weakness.

  8. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:47:34 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 17:14:05 +0000, Mike wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:59:40 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:
    >>
    >>> MSFT 12:40PM ET 26.64 0.87 3.16% 44,199,621
    >>>
    >>> My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? Is MSFT losing market share
    >>> to Linux?
    >>>
    >>> Nah...probably just noise.
    >>>
    >>> RL

    >> just keep a close eye on those structural supports holding up the
    >> monopoly wall because once those give out msft will be toast so fast it
    >> will make your head spin

    > We can all hope, but it is unlikely.

    as long as the corporate lemmings continue to send tens of $billions to
    msft every quarter for what at this point amounts to nothing more than
    what they already have, then you're right. i know the corporate types
    are slow and dumb but i was under the impression that given enough time
    (years or decades) they eventually figure out how to cut unnecessary
    costs when it amounts to hundreds of $billions (collectively, over the
    years) but i could be wrong, maybe they will never figure it out...

  9. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    On Jul 1, 12:59*pm, raylopez99 wrote:
    > MSFT * *12:40PM ET * * *26.64 * *0.87 * *3.16% *44,199,621
    >
    > My gawd, could the Linux nuts be right? *Is MSFT losing market share
    > to Linux?
    >
    > Nah...probably just noise.
    >
    > RL

    Let me start by saying that it is not polite to call people nuts
    simple because they see the value of Linux.
    I think people are turning away from Microsoft because,
    (1) Vista is slow, requires allot of resources and offers nothing
    new..
    (2) Apple has more functionality in their OS (Unix based).
    (3) Linux through Ubuntu and Suse is slowly gaining desktop market.
    Thanks to ASUS laptops etc.
    (4) Gates is stepping down.

    shortT

  10. Re: MSFT is way down today, why?

    On Jul 1, 10:36*am, PeterL wrote:

    > > Nah...probably just noise.

    > > RL

    > Gates retired.

    Maybe MSFT overpaid for the search firm they bought yesterday. It was
    an undisclosed figure, so perhaps somebody figured it was inflated.

    RL

+ Reply to Thread