Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    ["Followup-To:" header set.]

    On 2008-06-30, raylopez99 wrote:

    > In another thread, a helpful poster recommended "SLAX". I can't fault
    > him, at least he tried to help instead of just flaming me, which 90%
    > of the replies do.

    I wonder why. Could it be that only a flaming idiot (or a troll) would
    ask a serious question and crosspost it to cola?

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  2. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a oldersystem?

    > I wonder why. *Could it be that only a flaming idiot (or a troll) would
    > ask a serious question and crosspost it to cola?
    >
    > --keith

    No, because COLA has some smart fellows, like Ghost and Hadron. But
    for them, I wouldn't have bothered. And in fact, in this thread,
    Ghost seems to have given the right answer (just stick with Windows,
    and do a clean reinstall).

    RL

  3. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    raylopez99 wrote:

    >> I wonder why. Could it be that only a flaming idiot (or a troll) would
    >> ask a serious question and crosspost it to cola?

    > No, because COLA has some smart fellows, like [....] Hadron.

    Debian Stable is one of the most widely used distros for mission critical
    applications and where one wants minimal impact to production work. Very
    few require bleeding edge software to be productive.

    Yet Hadron insists that Debian Stable is full of bugs and too backward for
    usage:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4e9f972538fd9?

    Subject: Re: [News] Sister OS to Linux, OS-X Has Better TCO than Microsoft
    Windows
    Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:50:07 +0100

    > Hadron has an apparent inability to recognise how more consistent usage
    > of Debian Stable will only help his usage of the product, preferring
    > unstable versions of Debian; if not for the only reason as an
    > opportunity to attack Linux/OSS.

    Once more for the hard of brain power : I use testing. Not unstable. And I
    use it for a reason - Debian Stable is simply too buggy and backward and I
    cant be arsed to manage pinning or selectively monitoring backports.
    --
    HPT

  4. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >>> I wonder why. Could it be that only a flaming idiot (or a troll) would
    >>> ask a serious question and crosspost it to cola?

    >> No, because COLA has some smart fellows, like [....] Hadron.

    > Debian Stable is one of the most widely used distros for mission critical
    > applications and where one wants minimal impact to production work. Very
    > few require bleeding edge software to be productive.
    >
    > Yet Hadron insists that Debian Stable is full of bugs and too backward for
    > usage:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4e9f972538fd9?

    I said, you moron, that it would not work on my HW. And that a lot of
    the bugs in it has been addressed by Lenny.

    Christ on a bike High Plains Hypocrite, how f*cking stupid are you?

  5. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 01:40:06 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >>> I wonder why. Could it be that only a flaming idiot (or a troll) would
    >>> ask a serious question and crosspost it to cola?

    >> No, because COLA has some smart fellows, like [....] Hadron.

    Hardon Quack.......smart? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

    > Debian Stable is one of the most widely used distros for mission critical
    > applications and where one wants minimal impact to production work. Very
    > few require bleeding edge software to be productive.
    >
    > Yet Hadron insists that Debian Stable is full of bugs and too backward for
    > usage:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4e9f972538fd9?
    >
    > Subject: Re: [News] Sister OS to Linux, OS-X Has Better TCO than Microsoft
    > Windows
    > Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:50:07 +0100 Message-ID:
    > fr08c1$9e1$2@registered.motzarella.org
    >

    >> Hadron has an apparent inability to recognise how more consistent usage
    >> of Debian Stable will only help his usage of the product, preferring
    >> unstable versions of Debian; if not for the only reason as an
    >> opportunity to attack Linux/OSS.

    > Once more for the hard of brain power : I use testing. Not unstable. And I
    > use it for a reason - Debian Stable is simply too buggy and backward and I
    > cant be arsed to manage pinning or selectively monitoring backports.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  6. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    William Poaster writes:

    >>> No, because COLA has some smart fellows, like [....] Hadron.

    > Hardon Quack.......smart? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

    I just love COLA. It's like the one eyed man being king in the valley of
    the blind.

  7. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:24:35 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper writes:

    >>> No, because COLA has some smart fellows, like [....] Hadron.

    >> Debian Stable is one of the most widely used distros for mission critical
    >> applications and where one wants minimal impact to production work. Very
    >> few require bleeding edge software to be productive.
    >>
    >> Yet Hadron insists that Debian Stable is full of bugs and too backward for
    >> usage:
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4e9f972538fd9?
    >>

    > I said, you moron, that it would not work on my HW. And that a lot of
    > the bugs in it has been addressed by Lenny.
    >
    > Christ on a bike High Plains Hypocrite, how f*cking stupid are you?

    High Plains Thumper is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he sure is
    fun to watch!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, raylopez99

    wrote
    on Tue, 1 Jul 2008 00:16:56 -0700 (PDT)
    :

    >> I wonder why. *Could it be that only a flaming idiot (or a troll) would
    >> ask a serious question and crosspost it to cola?
    >>
    >> --keith
    >>

    > No, because COLA has some smart fellows, like Ghost and Hadron. But
    > for them, I wouldn't have bothered. And in fact, in this thread,
    > Ghost seems to have given the right answer (just stick with Windows,
    > and do a clean reinstall).
    >
    > RL

    I'd do more than that; your machine is apparently suffering from bit
    rot. Configure the virtual memory correctly, at least. Dunno what to
    recommend regarding AV solutions. Do you have a NAT in front?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. It'll Fix Everything(tm).

  9. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    Hadron wrote:

    > I just love COLA. It's like the one eyed man being king in the valley of
    > the blind.

    On a related note, you're a one-eyed trouser snake.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....He who takes credit for rain will be blamed for drought.

    Good to the last supper

  10. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:36:15 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I just love COLA. It's like the one eyed man being king in the valley of
    >> the blind.

    > On a related note, you're a one-eyed trouser snake.

    A flaccid one at that.

    --
    The little scamps! It's the oldest trick in the book: capture your ship,
    turn it into a planet, then explore a macro universe in a laundry basket.

  11. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    William Poaster wrote:

    >> On a related note, you're a one-eyed trouser snake.

    > A flaccid one at that.

    And teeny!
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Have an adequate day.

    Good to the last supper

  12. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 00:02:11 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:36:15 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just love COLA. It's like the one eyed man being king in the valley of
    >>> the blind.

    >> On a related note, you're a one-eyed trouser snake.

    > A flaccid one at that.

    Sounds like you are an expert in trouser snakes, ehh William Poaster?
    It figures.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a oldersystem?

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>> On a related note, you're a one-eyed trouser snake.

    >> A flaccid one at that.

    > And teeny!

    If they were going to name a distro after Hadron, it would be
    called ....

    "Damn Small Hadron" :-)

    --
    HPT

  14. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older ?system?

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> A flaccid one at that.

    > Sounds like you are an expert in trouser snakes, ehh William Poaster?
    > It figures.

    Why shouldn't he be? Unlike you, he actually HAS one.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  15. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >>> A flaccid one at that.

    >> And teeny!

    > If they were going to name a distro after Hadron, it would be called
    >
    > "Damn Small Hadron" :-)

    Wonderful guys. Just wonderful. You add to your resumes daily.

    --
    "The even stupider thing about it is, these morons really believe that
    threatening people will fire and brimstone will "convert" them."

  16. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    Hadron wrote:

    > Wonderful guys. Just wonderful. You add to your resumes daily.

    Aw, did da widdle twoll get his feewings hurt?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Vanyel Ashkevon, Tylendel and Stefen, r.i.p.

    Good to the last supper

  17. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older system?

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:16:58 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Wonderful guys. Just wonderful. You add to your resumes daily.

    > Aw, did da widdle twoll get his feewings hurt?

    Nah, just his Damn Small Hardon. ;-)

    --
    The little scamps! It's the oldest trick in the book: capture your ship,
    turn it into a planet, then explore a macro universe in a laundry basket.
    How could you fall for an old scam like that?
    --Holly, Nanarchy - Red Dwarf--

  18. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a oldersystem?

    On Jul 2, 4:16*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company
    > Good to the last supper

    ^ ^ ^ that's blasphemy. You're going to hell.

    RL

  19. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older ?system?

    raylopez99 wrote:
    > On Jul 2, 4:16*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >>
    >> Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company
    >> Good to the last supper

    > ^ ^ ^ that's blasphemy. You're going to hell.

    There he goes again.
    It's only blasphemy to you. To everyone who isn't a bible bashing fanatic,
    it's just a play on words.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  20. Re: For the FOURTH time, please, which Linux distro for a older?system?

    for the 2nd time, get the atari os.
    you can get one at a swap meet for about 50 cents.
    the atari may work too. they have word processing built in.

    geeze. read the replies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast