How's this for market share? - Linux

This is a discussion on How's this for market share? - Linux ; In article , "Edwin" wrote: > "amicus_curious" wrote in message > news:4868d56f$0$20706$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster. com... > > > > "Edwin" wrote in message > > news:9-CdnYKLnP8WIvXVnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@comcast.com... > >> http://www.top500.org/stats/list/31/osfam > >> > >> 85.40 % of the top 500 supercomputer sites run ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

  1. Re: How's this for market share?

    In article <2e066$486924b5$32254@news.teranews.com>,
    "Edwin" wrote:

    > "amicus_curious" wrote in message
    > news:4868d56f$0$20706$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster. com...
    > >
    > > "Edwin" wrote in message
    > >> http://www.top500.org/stats/list/31/osfam
    > >>
    > >> 85.40 % of the top 500 supercomputer sites run on...Linux!
    > >>

    > > From a commercial standpoint, that is like being voted the world's tallest
    > > midget. But at least is is something after all these years of nothing.

    > From a commercial, scientific, governmental, industrial, and academic
    > standpoint, most of the world's most important computer installations are
    > running on Linux.

    What are the computers they actually use at their desktops, Edwin?

    You need to ask yourself, "If the Mac is so shunned, why do things like
    this:

    exist?"

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

  2. Re: How's this for market share?

    On 2008-06-30, amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Edwin" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "amicus_curious" wrote in message
    >> news:4868d56f$0$20706$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster. com...
    >>>
    >>> "Edwin" wrote in message

    >>> From a commercial standpoint, that is like being voted the world's
    >>> tallest midget. But at least is is something after all these years of
    >>> nothing.

    >> From a commercial, scientific, governmental, industrial, and academic
    >> standpoint, most of the world's most important computer installations are
    >> running on Linux.

    > Keep telling yourself that. It is far less expensive to just fool yourself
    > than to have to go through years of therapy to cure your despondencies.

    Why bother. I can just visit San Francisco during Oracle OpenWorld...

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's |||
    popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date / | \

  3. Re: How's this for market share?

    "Edwin" stated in post
    e306e$4869402a$6900@news.teranews.com on 6/30/08 1:20 PM:

    >>> What's the topic of this thread, Snit?

    >> Wow! So you cannot figure it out.

    > If my name is Snit.

    I am not the one who asked... that was you.

    You have short term memory problems.

    >> Sigh. It has had more than one... the one I was responding to was the topic
    >> you brought up of Sandman snipping comments that embarrass him.
    >>

    > No, you were just hijacking the thread with all that crap about validating CSS
    > and HMTL.

    I responded to the topic you brought up - Sandman's snipping and running
    from that which embarrasses him. If that topic was "hijacking" then the
    blame is all yours.

    >>> Do you have to hijack every thread?

    >> Do you have to shove red hot pokers in your arse?

    > No, and I don't. I leave such practices for you to follow.

    I shan't follow you in doing so.

    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

  4. Re: How's this for market share?

    On 2008-06-30, Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article ,
    > "Edwin" wrote:
    >
    >> "Sandman" wrote in message

    >> > ****, that's pretty embarrassing for an operating system that is the
    >> > market leader in the world, to be so shunned in high-performance
    >> > installations.

    >> I see you snipped out the Virginia Tech reference. You want to forget all
    >> the bragging you Maccies did about that site, and how much cheaper per flop
    >> it was supposed to be to use PPC Macs in a cluster.
    >>
    >> You also snipped the part where Mac OS only has 0.40% of the super computer
    >> installations, trailing the OS you call "shunned."
    >>
    >> Mac OS X is shunned everywhere. You can't get more embarrassing than
    >> that.

    > Computers used for one specialized purpose choose free OS to do next to
    > nothing over OS designed primarily for use by *people*.

    What do Mac users do besides run the bundled software?

    You could characterize the Mac users the same way.

    You can also characterize an Avid the same way and it's eating
    Apple's lunch right where it lives.

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's |||
    popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date / | \
    manipulations in postgres.

  5. Re: How's this for market share?

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > trollkiller-3A2631.14012030062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:01 PM:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > >> trollkiller-0B5CAB.13570530062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 12:57
    > >> PM:

    > >> Can you *ever* stick to a topic?
    > >>
    > >> What the heck is wrong with you to be unable to separate the idea of a
    > >> business from the idea of Usenet?

    > > When you are involved the lines are awfully blurred

    > Only for you.

    Wanna bet?

    > Nice attempt at a back pedal, though.
    >
    > Hey, have you had any luck registering a business via a Schedule C?

    It doesn't take luck... just honesty. I'll tell the IRS you said that you don't
    need to file (register) a Schedule C (or C-EZ) with them...

    reg?is?ter
    2. record in a public office or in a court of law

    reg?is?ter
    a. A formal or official recording of items, names, or actions

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much

  6. Re: How's this for market share?

    In article ,
    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-06-30, Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > > "Edwin" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Sandman" wrote in message

    > >> I see you snipped out the Virginia Tech reference. You want to forget
    > >> all
    > >> the bragging you Maccies did about that site, and how much cheaper per
    > >> flop
    > >> it was supposed to be to use PPC Macs in a cluster.
    > >>
    > >> You also snipped the part where Mac OS only has 0.40% of the super
    > >> computer
    > >> installations, trailing the OS you call "shunned."
    > >>
    > >> Mac OS X is shunned everywhere. You can't get more embarrassing than
    > >> that.

    > > Computers used for one specialized purpose choose free OS to do next to
    > > nothing over OS designed primarily for use by *people*.

    > What do Mac users do besides run the bundled software?

    Run lots of not bundled software, of course.

    > You could characterize the Mac users the same way.

    No, actually, you couldn't.

    > You can also characterize an Avid the same way and it's eating
    > Apple's lunch right where it lives.

    LOL

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
    "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
    '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
    'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
    IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
    'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
    on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

  7. Re: How's this for market share?

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-A8CDD5.14303230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:30 PM:

    >> Hey, have you had any luck registering a business via a Schedule C?

    > It doesn't take luck... just honesty.

    Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has a
    registered business.

    LOL!

    You are an idiot.

    Tim Adams:
    It is quite possible that michael glxsser doesn't want his
    company's name, 'prxscott cxmputer guy', brought up because
    it 1) isn't register in the State of Arizona
    (http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll)

    Rick:
    I wonder if it is possible to form a legal company without
    state registration in Arizona?

    Steve Carroll:
    he's technically supposed to register in AZ...
    at least, as far as the federal go

    But you were wrong. No need to register.

    A Schedule C, Steve, is not for registering a business - it is for reporting
    income or loss. Registration is something quite different... but let us
    even pretend there is some definition of "register" you dredge up which a
    Schedule C could be pounded into by your absurd semantic games - it is clear
    to anyone with even basic reading comprehension that the topic was not a
    Schedule C!

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

  8. Re: How's this for market share?

    On 2008-06-30, Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article ,
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-06-30, Alan Baker wrote:

    >> > Computers used for one specialized purpose choose free OS to do next to
    >> > nothing over OS designed primarily for use by *people*.

    >> What do Mac users do besides run the bundled software?

    > Run lots of not bundled software, of course.

    Like what exactly?

    >> You could characterize the Mac users the same way.

    > No, actually, you couldn't.

    Sure you can. There are a number of verticals for which this is the
    case. It's pretty much where the Apple strongholds are.

    >> You can also characterize an Avid the same way and it's eating
    >> Apple's lunch right where it lives.

    > LOL

    Hysterical laughter then.

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's |||
    popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date / | \
    manipulations in postgres.

  9. Re: How's this for market share?

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > trollkiller-A8CDD5.14303230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:30 PM:

    > >> Hey, have you had any luck registering a business via a Schedule C?

    > > It doesn't take luck... just honesty.

    > Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has a
    > registered business.

    It's *obviously* registered "as far as the federal gov't is concerned".

    register
    2. record in a public office or in a court of law

    register
    a. A formal or official recording of items, names, or actions

    > LOL!
    >
    > You are an idiot.

    So you claim... but I'm the one here that understands what the word register
    means, Mr. "Teacher"

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  10. Re: How's this for market share?

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-508767.14453230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:45 PM:

    > In article ,
    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    >> trollkiller-A8CDD5.14303230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:30 PM:

    >>> It doesn't take luck... just honesty.

    >> Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has a
    >> registered business.

    > It's *obviously* registered "as far as the federal gov't is concerned".
    >
    > register
    > 2. record in a public office or in a court of law
    >

    > register
    > a. A formal or official recording of items, names, or actions
    >
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> You are an idiot.

    > So you claim... but I'm the one here that understands what the word register
    > means, Mr. "Teacher"

    Tim Adams:
    It is quite possible that michael glxsser doesn't want his
    company's name, 'prxscott cxmputer guy', brought up because
    it 1) isn't register in the State of Arizona
    (http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll)

    Rick:
    I wonder if it is possible to form a legal company without
    state registration in Arizona?

    Steve Carroll:
    he's technically supposed to register in AZ...
    at least, as far as the federal go

    But you were wrong. No need to register.

    A Schedule C, Steve, is not for registering a business - it is for reporting
    income or loss. Registration is something quite different... but let us
    even pretend the definitions of "register" you dredged up which a Schedule C
    could be pounded into by your absurd semantic games - it is clear to anyone
    with even basic reading comprehension that the topic was not a Schedule C!

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  11. Re: OT: Registering a business with a Schedule C

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-508767.14453230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:45 PM:

    > In article ,
    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    >> trollkiller-A8CDD5.14303230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:30 PM:

    >>> It doesn't take luck... just honesty.

    >> Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has a
    >> registered business.

    > It's *obviously* registered "as far as the federal gov't is concerned".
    >
    > register
    > 2. record in a public office or in a court of law
    >

    > register
    > a. A formal or official recording of items, names, or actions
    >
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> You are an idiot.

    > So you claim... but I'm the one here that understands what the word register
    > means, Mr. "Teacher"

    Tim Adams:
    It is quite possible that michael glxsser doesn't want his
    company's name, 'prxscott cxmputer guy', brought up because
    it 1) isn't register in the State of Arizona
    (http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll)

    Rick:
    I wonder if it is possible to form a legal company without
    state registration in Arizona?

    Steve Carroll:
    he's technically supposed to register in AZ...
    at least, as far as the federal go

    But you were wrong. No need to register.

    A Schedule C, Steve, is not for registering a business - it is for reporting
    income or loss. Registration is something quite different... but let us
    even pretend the definitions of "register" you dredged up which a Schedule C
    could be pounded into by your absurd semantic games - it is clear to anyone
    with even basic reading comprehension that the topic was not a Schedule C!

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  12. Re: OT: Registering a business with a Schedule C

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > trollkiller-508767.14453230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:45 PM:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > >> trollkiller-A8CDD5.14303230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:30
    > >> PM:

    > >> Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has
    > >> registered business.

    > > It's *obviously* registered "as far as the federal gov't is concerned".
    > >
    > > register
    > > 2. record in a public office or in a court of law
    > >

    > > register
    > > a. A formal or official recording of items, names, or actions
    > >
    > >> LOL!
    > >>
    > >> You are an idiot.

    > > So you claim... but I'm the one here that understands what the word
    > > register
    > > means, Mr. "Teacher"

    > Tim Adams:
    > It is quite possible that michael glxsser doesn't want his
    > company's name, 'prxscott cxmputer guy', brought up because
    > it 1) isn't register in the State of Arizona
    > (http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll)
    >
    > Rick:
    > I wonder if it is possible to form a legal company without
    > state registration in Arizona?
    >
    > Steve Carroll:
    > he's technically supposed to register in AZ...
    > at least, as far as the federal go
    >
    > But you were wrong. No need to register.

    The IRS will disagree with this... and here's why...

    register
    2. record in a public office or in a court of law

    register
    a. A formal or official recording of items, names, or actions

    > A Schedule C, Steve, is not for registering a business - it is for reporting
    > income or loss.

    Feel free to explain how this "reporting" is accomplished if you don't "record"
    it into a "pubic office".

    ROFLMAO!!!

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  13. Re: OT: Registering a business with a Schedule C

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-508767.14453230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:45 PM:

    >> Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has a
    >> registered business.

    > It's *obviously* registered "as far as the federal gov't is concerned".

    Tim Adams:
    It is quite possible that michael glxsser doesn't want his
    company's name, 'prxscott cxmputer guy', brought up because
    it 1) isn't register in the State of Arizona
    (http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll)

    Rick:
    I wonder if it is possible to form a legal company without
    state registration in Arizona?

    Steve Carroll:
    he's technically supposed to register in AZ...
    at least, as far as the federal go

    But you were wrong. No need to register.

    A Schedule C, Steve, is not for registering a business - it is for reporting
    income or loss. Registration is something quite different... but let us
    even pretend the definitions of "register" you dredged up which a Schedule C
    could be pounded into by your absurd semantic games - it is clear to anyone
    with even basic reading comprehension that the topic was not a Schedule C!

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  14. Re: How's this for market share?

    In article ,
    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-06-30, Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > > JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > >> What do Mac users do besides run the bundled software?

    > > Run lots of not bundled software, of course.

    > Like what exactly?

    On my system alone, right now:

    Microsoft Word, Excel and Entourage.

    Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Acrobat Professional

    MT-Newswatcher

    NetNewsWire

    Billings

    EyeTV...

    Hell, I'll append my Applications folder's listing.

    > >> You could characterize the Mac users the same way.

    > > No, actually, you couldn't.

    > Sure you can. There are a number of verticals for which this is the
    > case. It's pretty much where the Apple strongholds are.

    Nope.

    > >> You can also characterize an Avid the same way and it's eating
    > >> Apple's lunch right where it lives.

    > > LOL

    > Hysterical laughter then.

    LOL

    3ivx
    A Better Finder Attributes 4.app
    A Better Finder Rename 7.app
    Acquisition.app
    Address Book.app
    Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional
    Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional
    Adobe Bridge CS3
    Adobe Device Central CS3
    Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
    Adobe Extension Manager
    Adobe Flash CS3
    Adobe Flash CS3 Video Encoder
    Adobe Help Viewer 1.0.app
    Adobe Help Viewer 1.1.app
    Adobe Illustrator CS
    Adobe Illustrator CS3
    Adobe InDesign CS
    Adobe InDesign CS2
    Adobe InDesign CS3
    Adobe Photoshop 7
    Adobe Photoshop CS
    Adobe Photoshop CS3
    Adobe Reader 7.0.5
    Adobe Stock Photos CS3
    Adobe Version Cue
    Amazing Slow Downer
    Amnesty.app
    Aperture.app
    AppleScript
    AppleWorks6
    Art Directors Toolkit 3
    AudioX 2 Ÿ
    Automator.app
    AWSGuitarTuner_OSX Folder
    Backup.app
    Bento.app
    Big Clock OS X
    Billings
    BinaryBiz VirtualLab
    BitTorrent
    Black Ink.app
    Bookdog.app
    Bosco¹s Screen Share 2.0
    Calculator copy.app
    Calculator.app
    Camino.app
    Central
    Charla2.app
    Chess.app
    Chicken of the VNC.app
    Chromatic Tuner 5.0.2
    ChronoSync.app
    Cobalt v7
    Dashboard.app
    Date Calculator.app
    Delicious Library.app
    Design Intuition.app
    Dictionary.app
    DisplayConfigX.app
    DivX 5.2.1
    DivX Converter.app
    DivX Doctor II
    DivX Player.app
    DivX Video 5.0 Alpha 3
    Docker
    DVD Player.app
    EasyWMA.app
    EV Nova
    Exposé.app
    EyeTV Ÿ
    Fanurio.app
    FastTrack Schedule 8
    FAXstf X
    Fetch 5 Read Me.app
    Fetch.app
    File Buddy 8 Public Beta 2
    FileMaker Pro 7
    Finale NotePad 2008
    Firefox.app
    Flip4Mac
    Font Book.app
    Font Finagler 0.5.3
    FontDoctor X for Macintosh
    Freefall.app
    FreeWRL
    Front Row.app
    Fugu.app
    GarageBand.app
    GCam
    Google Earth.app
    Google SketchUp 6
    Google Updater.app
    Google Video Player.app
    GraphicConverter US
    Halo
    HandBrake 0.7.1
    HighDesign 1.6
    iBank.app
    iBiz.app
    iCal.app
    iChat.app
    ICQ 3.2 Installation Log
    ICQ 3.4 Ÿ
    iDefrag
    iDVD 2
    iDVD.app
    Image Capture.app
    iMovie HD.app
    iMovie.app
    Installers
    InterMapper 4.0.5b4
    InterMapper Console.app
    Internet Explorer.app
    iPhoto.app
    iPulse
    iRatchet.app
    iSync.app
    iTunes.app
    iVCD Folder
    iWeb.app
    iWork '08
    Joost.app
    KeepSoundAwake 1.3.app
    KeyCue.app
    Keyspan Serial Assistant.app
    KeyspanDMR.app
    KisMAC.app
    Konfabulator.app
    LimeWire
    Links Championship Edition EO
    Logic Express 7.app
    Logic Express.app
    Luxology
    MacFusion.app
    MacPAR deLuxe.app
    MacPilot.app
    MacReporter-1.1.4
    Macromedia FreeHand 10
    MacTheRipper
    Mail.app
    Microsoft AutoUpdate.app
    Microsoft Office 2004
    Microsoft Outlook
    MidiKit.app
    modo.app
    MPEG Streamclip 1.8
    MPEG Streamclip.app
    MPlayer
    MT-NewsWatcher.app
    MU_MIDI_Controller-v26
    N.E.D..app
    Nanosaur 2 DEMO
    NetFone1300-Mac
    NetNewsWire.app
    Norton Solutions
    Norton Utilities.NnuX
    Now Contact.app
    Now Server Manager.app
    Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.2
    Now Up-to-Date & Contact Docs
    Now Up-To-Date.app
    Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive.zip
    Office Open XML Converter.app
    OmniGraffle Professional.app
    OmniGraffle.app
    OmniOutliner
    Ovis
    Palm
    Palm New
    PCalc.app
    Perfect Pitch v1.1
    Photo Booth.app
    Picasa Web Albums Uploader.app
    PixelNhance
    PlayerPRO 5.9.8
    PLT Scheme v207
    PocketMac for BlackBerry
    Preview.app
    Process.app
    Project Calculator.app
    QuarkXPress 6.0
    QuickBooks Pro 2007.app
    QuickTime Broadcaster.app
    QuickTime Player copy.app.sitx
    QuickTime Player.app
    Rax.app
    RealOne Player.app
    RealPlayer.app
    Reason Adapted for M-Audio
    Remote Desktop Connection
    Remote Desktop Connection.app
    Roxio Toast 6 Titanium
    Safari.app
    Sapiens.app
    Server
    SETI@home_Docs
    SF1918 wMB
    SimpleMovieX.app
    SketchFighter 4000 Alpha
    SketchUp Quick Reference Card.pdf
    SketchUpViewer.app
    Skype.app
    Snapz Pro X
    Spaces.app
    Squeak3.9-final-7067
    Stickies.app
    StickyBrain
    Still Life
    StopWatch Plus.app
    Strata 3Dpro 3.8 Demo Ÿ
    StuffIt 12
    Style Master 3.5.2 Demo
    System Preferences.app
    TaxTron 2004
    TechSmith EnSharpen
    TextEdit.app
    TextWrangler.app
    Time Machine.app
    TOD 072006
    Tofu
    tracktion.app
    Transmission.app
    Transmit.app
    Twitterrific 3.0.1
    Unison.app
    vlc-0.8.4a
    Voice Box 1.2 Ÿ
    VPN Tracker 4.app
    VPN Tracker 5.app
    Windows Media Player
    Wings3d.app
    WorkTimer 2.04.app
    WriteRoom.app
    X-Lite
    XRay.app
    ZBD.X
    ZTerm

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
    "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
    '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
    'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
    IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
    'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
    on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

  15. Re: How's this for market share?

    In article <34139$48693d52$2747@news.teranews.com>, "Edwin"
    wrote:

    > "Snit" wrote in message
    > news:C48E89DF.C4509%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com.. .
    > > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > > trollkiller-3A2631.14012030062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:01
    > > PM:

    > What's the topic of this thread, Snit?

    Isn't is obvious? The topic is michael glasser's forged pdf, otherwise he
    wouldn't be talking about it.

    > >> When you are involved the lines are awfully blurred

    > > Only for you. No smiley.
    > >
    > > Nice attempt at a back pedal, though.
    > >
    > > Hey, have you had any luck registering a business via a Schedule C? LOL!

    > Do you have to hijack every thread?

    regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
    you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting
    the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm

  16. Re: OT: Registering a business with a Schedule C

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > trollkiller-508767.14453230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:45 PM:
    >
    > >> Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has a
    > >> registered business.

    > > It's *obviously* registered "as far as the federal gov't is concerned".

    > Tim Adams:
    > It is quite possible that michael glxsser doesn't want his
    > company's name, 'prxscott cxmputer guy', brought up because
    > it 1) isn't register in the State of Arizona
    > (http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll)
    >
    > Rick:
    > I wonder if it is possible to form a legal company without
    > state registration in Arizona?
    >
    > Steve Carroll:
    > he's technically supposed to register in AZ...
    > at least, as far as the federal go
    >
    > But you were wrong. No need to register.
    >
    > A Schedule C, Steve, is not for registering a business - it is for reporting
    > income or loss.

    Feel free to explain how this "reporting" is accomplished if you don't "record"
    it into a "pubic office".

    register
    2. record in a public office or in a court of law

    register
    a. A formal or official recording of items, names, or actions

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  17. Re: OT: Registering a business with a Schedule C

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-508767.14453230062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/30/08 1:45 PM:

    >> Ah, so you say anyone who has send in a Schedule C for their business has a
    >> registered business.

    > It's *obviously* registered "as far as the federal gov't is concerned".

    Tim Adams:
    It is quite possible that michael glxsser doesn't want his
    company's name, 'prxscott cxmputer guy', brought up because
    it 1) isn't register in the State of Arizona
    (http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll)

    Rick:
    I wonder if it is possible to form a legal company without
    state registration in Arizona?

    Steve Carroll:
    he's technically supposed to register in AZ...
    at least, as far as the federal go

    But you were wrong. No need to register.

    A Schedule C, Steve, is not for registering a business - it is for reporting
    income or loss. Registration is something quite different... but let us
    even pretend the definitions of "register" you dredged up which a Schedule C
    could be pounded into by your absurd semantic games - it is clear to anyone
    with even basic reading comprehension that the topic was not a Schedule C!

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  18. Re: How's this for market share?

    "Tim Adams" stated in post
    teadams$2$0$0$3-98D204.17115730062008@70-3-168-216.area5.spcsdns.net on
    6/30/08 2:11 PM:

    >> What's the topic of this thread, Snit?

    > Isn't is obvious? The topic is michael glxsser's forged pdf, otherwise he
    > wouldn't be talking about it.

    Gee, you call a fully verifiable PDF "forged". Once again you prove you are
    a liar.

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

  19. Re: How's this for market share?

    "Alan Baker" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "Edwin" wrote:
    >
    >> "Sandman" wrote in message

    >> > ****, that's pretty embarrassing for an operating system that is the
    >> > market leader in the world, to be so shunned in high-performance
    >> > installations.

    >> I see you snipped out the Virginia Tech reference. You want to forget
    >> all
    >> the bragging you Maccies did about that site, and how much cheaper per
    >> flop
    >> it was supposed to be to use PPC Macs in a cluster.
    >>
    >> You also snipped the part where Mac OS only has 0.40% of the super
    >> computer
    >> installations, trailing the OS you call "shunned."
    >>
    >> Mac OS X is shunned everywhere. You can't get more embarrassing than
    >> that.

    > Computers used for one specialized purpose choose free OS

    You think computers choose their own OS?

    > to do next to nothing

    You think super computing clusters do "next to nothing?" Why didn't you
    say that back when you were bragging about V Tech?

    > over OS designed primarily for use by *people*.

    Yet there are more Windows super computer clusters than Mac SC clusters.

    > Film at eleven.

    Of what, you in a zoo cage?

  20. Re: How's this for market share?

    In article <4a339$48694eb9$31165@news.teranews.com>,
    "Edwin" wrote:

    > "Alan Baker" wrote in message
    > > In article ,
    > > "Edwin" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Sandman" wrote in message

    > >> I see you snipped out the Virginia Tech reference. You want to forget
    > >> all
    > >> the bragging you Maccies did about that site, and how much cheaper per
    > >> flop
    > >> it was supposed to be to use PPC Macs in a cluster.
    > >>
    > >> You also snipped the part where Mac OS only has 0.40% of the super
    > >> computer
    > >> installations, trailing the OS you call "shunned."
    > >>
    > >> Mac OS X is shunned everywhere. You can't get more embarrassing than
    > >> that.

    > > Computers used for one specialized purpose choose free OS

    > You think computers choose their own OS?

    Pardon the poor sentence.

    Developers building omputers used for one specialized purpose choose
    free OS.

    > > to do next to nothing

    > You think super computing clusters do "next to nothing?" Why didn't you
    > say that back when you were bragging about V Tech?

    The OS does next to nothing.