* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> IE was always free. You could download it from MS's website from day one
> at no cost. Yes, it was included in Plus!, but that's like saying that
> Linux isn't free because you can buy CD's with Linux on it.

IE was free so that Microsoft could wriggle out of making payments and
so they could "cut off Netscape's air-supply".

Quite a contractual coup!

--
Still a few bugs in the system... Someday I have to tell you about Uncle
Nahum from Maine, who spent years trying to cross a jellyfish with a shad