about:addons - AMO changes & reviews, Dangers of eval(), New XULRunner, Firefox
3.1 changes & more

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s still time to submit your new or updated extension to the Extend
| Firefox 3 contest ending on July 4. You can read the official rules and
| contest information at extendfirefox.com.
`----

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...bout-addons-2/

ICANN Goes .bonkers

,----[ Quote ]
| For the former, it means that domain names will turn into a kind of
| protection racket: every so often, somebody will come up with some new
| domain – things along the lines of .mug, I imagine – that all companies will
| be invited to sign up for, just to protect their trademarks, you understand.
|
| For end-users, the already-confusing system of domains will become utterly
| impossible to grasp. This means that phishing schemes and
| generally-fraudulent Web sites will become almost trivially easy to
| implement. The public simply won't know which domain name to trust, with the
| result that confidence in e-commerce, and maybe even the entire Web, will
| collapse.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/commu...=972&blogid=14

Related:

New shield foiled Internet backbone attack

,----[ Quote ]
| ICANN has yet to determine the exact techniques used in the
| February attack. The incident will be discussed at a meeting
| of DNS root server operators later this month, the organization said.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6166107.html

Zombie botnets attack global DNS servers

,----[ Quote ]
| Hackers launched a sustained attack last night against key root servers
| which form the backbone of the internet.
|
| Security firm Sophos said that botnets of zombie PCs bombarded the
| internet's domain name system (DNS) servers with traffic.
|
| "These zombie computers could have brought the web to its knees,"
| said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at Sophos.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...-attack-global

EveryDNS, OpenDNS Under Botnet DDoS Attack

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://securitywatch.eweek.com/explo...os_attack.html