.xsessions-error file - Linux

This is a discussion on .xsessions-error file - Linux ; I just discovered that my file system was filling up for no reason, and discovered a hidden file called .xsession-errors located in my home directory. the file size was a massive *685* MB. Obviously my "just works" system is not ...

  1. .xsessions-error file

    I just discovered that my file system was filling up for no reason,
    and discovered a hidden file called .xsession-errors located in my
    home directory. the file size was a massive *685* MB.
    Obviously my "just works" system is not working, otherwise
    why would x be generating such a large error file.
    Is there anyway to switch off the service that generates
    this file?

  2. Re: .xsessions-error file

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:37:20 -0500, Rubee Murree wrote:

    > I just discovered that my file system was filling up for no reason,
    > and discovered a hidden file called .xsession-errors located in my
    > home directory. the file size was a massive *685* MB.
    > Obviously my "just works" system is not working, otherwise
    > why would x be generating such a large error file.
    > Is there anyway to switch off the service that generates
    > this file?

    It's another example of Linux Slopware...
    Google it.

    You are far from being alone with this bug.

    Of course, Linux just *works* for the Linux LIARS in COLA.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: .xsessions-error file

    On 2008-06-28, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:37:20 -0500, Rubee Murree wrote:
    >
    >> I just discovered that my file system was filling up for no reason,
    >> and discovered a hidden file called .xsession-errors located in my
    >> home directory. the file size was a massive *685* MB.
    >> Obviously my "just works" system is not working, otherwise
    >> why would x be generating such a large error file.
    >> Is there anyway to switch off the service that generates
    >> this file?

    > It's another example of Linux Slopware...
    > Google it.
    >
    > You are far from being alone with this bug.
    >
    > Of course, Linux just *works* for the Linux LIARS in COLA.

    Just have. Here is one interesting article.

    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...on-errors.html

    poor guy had an incredible 42GB file. That was in 2006, so I'm wondering
    why this is still an issue when the "Linux freedom community" boast so
    much about being able to find and fix problems more quickly than
    Microsoft. Microsoft may be slow off the block, but a patch
    would eventually be made available. OSS developers don't get paid
    a bean, so why would they care less.

  4. Re: .xsessions-error file

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:12:12 -0500, Rubee Murree wrote:

    > On 2008-06-28, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:37:20 -0500, Rubee Murree wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just discovered that my file system was filling up for no reason,
    >>> and discovered a hidden file called .xsession-errors located in my
    >>> home directory. the file size was a massive *685* MB.
    >>> Obviously my "just works" system is not working, otherwise
    >>> why would x be generating such a large error file.
    >>> Is there anyway to switch off the service that generates
    >>> this file?

    >> It's another example of Linux Slopware...
    >> Google it.
    >>
    >> You are far from being alone with this bug.
    >>
    >> Of course, Linux just *works* for the Linux LIARS in COLA.
    >>

    > Just have. Here is one interesting article.
    >
    > http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...on-errors.html
    >
    > poor guy had an incredible 42GB file. That was in 2006, so I'm wondering
    > why this is still an issue when the "Linux freedom community" boast so
    > much about being able to find and fix problems more quickly than
    > Microsoft. Microsoft may be slow off the block, but a patch
    > would eventually be made available. OSS developers don't get paid
    > a bean, so why would they care less.

    That's because the Linux loons are too busy trying add features and eye
    candy rather than fixing the huge number of bugs that exist.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: .xsessions-error file

    "Rubee Murree" schreef in bericht
    news:slrng6cvnt.2bt.Madras@localhost.localdomain.. .
    > On 2008-06-28, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:37:20 -0500, Rubee Murree wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just discovered that my file system was filling up for no reason,
    >>> and discovered a hidden file called .xsession-errors located in my
    >>> home directory. the file size was a massive *685* MB.
    >>> Obviously my "just works" system is not working, otherwise
    >>> why would x be generating such a large error file.
    >>> Is there anyway to switch off the service that generates
    >>> this file?

    >> It's another example of Linux Slopware...
    >> Google it.
    >>
    >> You are far from being alone with this bug.
    >>
    >> Of course, Linux just *works* for the Linux LIARS in COLA.
    >>

    > Just have. Here is one interesting article.
    >
    > http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...on-errors.html
    >
    > poor guy had an incredible 42GB file. That was in 2006, so I'm wondering
    > why this is still an issue when the "Linux freedom community" boast so
    > much about being able to find and fix problems more quickly than
    > Microsoft.

    Cola hypocrites run windows all the time:
    * Marti van Lin (ML2MST) runs XP with Vista look right now!
    http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2007/11/f...indows-xp.html
    http://bp0.blogger.com/_dQCKkApAq-Q/...vista_file.png
    http://bp3.blogger.com/_dQCKkApAq-Q/...ista_media.png
    * "7", AKA Joseph MICHAEL, MANAGING DIRECTOR - ROBODYNE CYBERNETICS LTDA,
    Lifelong Windows Developer, Pretend Linux "Advocate"
    * Mark Kent, Linux advocate by night and Microsoft partner by day.
    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products
    Mark Kent's partner Microsoft:
    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=ourpartners
    * Liarnut, runs windows on PC's of his wife and daughter.
    * Peter (PIK) Idiot Kohlman, a Windows developer and programmer.
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....a?dmode=source
    The list is endless!
    Meet the morons: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    > Microsoft may be slow off the block, but a patch
    > would eventually be made available. OSS developers don't get paid
    > a bean, so why would they care less.

+ Reply to Thread