OT: Steve Carroll's very public break down - Linux

This is a discussion on OT: Steve Carroll's very public break down - Linux ; Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I am a teacher. Shortly after he posted such things as how he does not think I have a "real job" and: "The very reason I come here is to target ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

  1. OT: Steve Carroll's very public break down

    Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I am a teacher. Shortly
    after he posted such things as how he does not think I have a "real job"
    and:

    "The very reason I come here is to target guys likes Snit."
    - Steve Carroll

    When Steve realized how absurd his claims were he denied he was trying to
    say what he had said - that teaching is not, to him, a "real job". Someone
    else called him on this:

    You told a teacher he didn't have a real job. How else
    could your comment possibly be interpreted?

    Steve responded by insisting that since the person who asked him this
    clearly understood what he said that he must be a sock puppet or shill.
    Instead of taking responsibility for his actions and his views Steve lashed
    out against those that called him on his BS.

    This topic recently came back up and Steve tried to defend his claims with
    such lovely BS as calling people sock puppets and shills and then changing
    the topic to sexual harassment. Maybe he had a bad experience with a
    teacher? Teachers and sexual harassment has been in the news a lot recently
    - that might explain his increased trolling and current break down. If so
    it is no laughing matter and I truly feel for Steve... though any abuse he
    was subjected to does not excuse his current targeting of teachers online.

    Steve then tried to pull the debate out of CSMA/COLA and claimed he had some
    contact with my wife where she had said all sorts of things about me. He,
    of course, has never had any such contact... though he has lied in the past
    about my emailing his wife. Again this is a repetitive theme to his
    fabrications - speaking volumes about him.

    In the end Steve never did answer the question asked of him way back at the
    start of all this BS

    So in your opinion, teacher is not a real job?

    And 100% predictable: Steve Carroll will not answer... not directly. He
    has, however, already made his view clear. Teaching, to Steve Carroll, is
    not a real job. He does not like educators and "targets" them - by his own
    admission.

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  2. Re: OT: Snit's very public breakdown

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I

    .... am mentally ill? Yes, I did... just like many other posters who have
    commented on it.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much

  3. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-C29C95.22555025062008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 6/25/08 9:55 PM:

    > Let's look at what you claimed:
    > "I can say that at least in my state a teaching license / certificate is
    > not required to teach in at least some private and public K-12 schools"
    >

    > But the AZ state board of education proves you lied:
    > http://www.ade.az.gov/certification/...TeachingCerts/
    >
    > As does this:
    > "New teachers will have to pass one of the country's toughest tests to
    > prove they are worthy of being permanently licensed to take charge of
    > Arizona's classrooms".
    > http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...6teachers26.ht
    > ml
    >
    > And this:
    > "Licensure and certification. All 50 States and the District of Columbia
    > require public school teachers to be licensed."
    > http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos069.htm

    Sigh... OK, you have made enough of an ass of yourself. Time to set you
    straight... as if you will be able to understand what you read. Oh well...
    I give you so many chances and I offer you so much, even though I know you
    will simply be incapable of understanding what you read. Here goes anyway:

    1) You quote something about "New teachers" and try to apply
    it to existing teachers. This is a mistake on your part.

    2) On the very site you link to you neglect to comment about
    this:
    Under NCLB, core academic subject teachers must:
    € Have full state certification (intern, provisional
    or standard ONLY) * except for Special Education,
    charter school teachers are exempted from state
    certification requirements.
    That's right: exactly as I said, not all AZ teachers are
    required to have a teaching certification. Also note the
    reference to "core subject teachers". Now try to explain why
    you think non-core subject teachers (such as computer
    teachers) would be held to a *higher* standard of
    certification than are non-core teachers.

    3) You are looking just at the *public* K-12 school system...
    and ignoring the *private* schools. They operate under
    different rules. I know when I was teaching computers to K-8
    graders at a private school I did not need a certification.
    The rules might have changed since then... but I doubt it.

    4) You are ignoring the college level instructors... they are
    also teachers but they do not need to have a teacher
    certification (most, in fact, do not).

    5) You keep claiming I am not certified to teach... but I
    have not said if I am or if I am not. You simply made that
    up. As is your norm you made up stories about me.

    Ok, Steve... I took pity on you and showed you where you were flat our
    wrong. Are you capable of acting in an honest and honorable way and
    apologizing for your lies?

    Oh, and since you know what college I teach at you can easily do a search
    for my name there - not hard to prove I am a teacher. Do a search for the
    Fall semester and you will see my name as the instructor of seven classes.
    Funny how that works, eh?

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  4. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public break down

    On Jun 26, 8:55*pm, Snit wrote:
    > Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I am a teacher. *Shortly
    > after he posted such things as how he does not think I have a "real job"
    > and:
    >
    > * * "The very reason I come here is to target guys likes Snit."
    > * * - Steve Carroll
    >
    > When Steve realized how absurd his claims were he denied he was trying to
    > say what he had said - that teaching is not, to him, a "real job". *Someone
    > else called him on this:
    >
    > * * You told a teacher he didn't have a real job. How else
    > * * could your comment possibly be interpreted?
    >
    > Steve responded by insisting that since the person who asked him this
    > clearly understood what he said that he must be a sock puppet or shill.
    > Instead of taking responsibility for his actions and his views Steve lashed
    > out against those that called him on his BS.
    >
    > This topic recently came back up and Steve tried to defend his claims with
    > such lovely BS as calling people sock puppets and shills and then changing
    > the topic to sexual harassment. *Maybe he had a bad experience with a
    > teacher? *Teachers and sexual harassment has been in the news a lot recently
    > - that might explain his increased trolling and current break down. *Ifso
    > it is no laughing matter and I truly feel for Steve... though any abuse he
    > was subjected to does not excuse his current targeting of teachers online..
    >
    > Steve then tried to pull the debate out of CSMA/COLA and claimed he had some
    > contact with my wife where she had said all sorts of things about me. *He,
    > of course, has never had any such contact... though he has lied in the past
    > about my emailing his wife. *Again this is a repetitive theme to his
    > fabrications - speaking volumes about him.
    >
    > In the end Steve never did answer the question asked of him way back at the
    > start of all this BS
    >
    > * * So in your opinion, teacher is not a real job?
    >
    > And 100% predictable: Steve Carroll will not answer... not directly. *He
    > has, however, already made his view clear. *Teaching, to Steve Carroll,is
    > not a real job. *He does not like educators and "targets" them - by hisown
    > admission.

    No one cares.

  5. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public break down

    "cc" stated in post
    63adffc3-c89f-4ca8-a1d7-42e888722d88...oglegroups.com on 6/26/08
    11:03 PM:

    > On Jun 26, 8:55*pm, Snit wrote:
    >> Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I am a teacher. *Shortly
    >> after he posted such things as how he does not think I have a "real job"
    >> and:
    >>
    >> * * "The very reason I come here is to target guys likes Snit."
    >> * * - Steve Carroll
    >>
    >> When Steve realized how absurd his claims were he denied he was trying to
    >> say what he had said - that teaching is not, to him, a "real job". *Someone
    >> else called him on this:
    >>
    >> * * You told a teacher he didn't have a real job. How else
    >> * * could your comment possibly be interpreted?
    >>
    >> Steve responded by insisting that since the person who asked him this
    >> clearly understood what he said that he must be a sock puppet or shill.
    >> Instead of taking responsibility for his actions and his views Steve lashed
    >> out against those that called him on his BS.
    >>
    >> This topic recently came back up and Steve tried to defend his claims with
    >> such lovely BS as calling people sock puppets and shills and then changing
    >> the topic to sexual harassment. *Maybe he had a bad experience with a
    >> teacher? *Teachers and sexual harassment has been in the news a lot recently
    >> - that might explain his increased trolling and current break down. *If so
    >> it is no laughing matter and I truly feel for Steve... though any abuse he
    >> was subjected to does not excuse his current targeting of teachers online.

    >> Steve then tried to pull the debate out of CSMA/COLA and claimed he had some
    >> contact with my wife where she had said all sorts of things about me. *He,
    >> of course, has never had any such contact... though he has lied in the past
    >> about my emailing his wife. *Again this is a repetitive theme to his
    >> fabrications - speaking volumes about him.
    >>
    >> In the end Steve never did answer the question asked of him way back at the
    >> start of all this BS
    >>
    >> * * So in your opinion, teacher is not a real job?
    >>
    >> And 100% predictable: Steve Carroll will not answer... not directly. *He
    >> has, however, already made his view clear. *Teaching, to Steve Carroll, is
    >> not a real job. *He does not like educators and "targets" them - by his own
    >> admission.
    >>

    > No one cares.

    Steve does.

    Seriously... he clearly is freaking out... spewing more and more lies,
    making up stories about my work life and my personal life. The guy is
    losing it.

    I used to try to prevent him from having his break downs... but frankly now
    they just amuse me. He needs help - badly - and I am hoping that if he sees
    how far over the edge he is then he might actually seek it.

    I just cannot imagine going through life "targeting" people based on their
    political views and occupation and being so completely filled with hatred.
    I pity Steve. Really. He is pathetic.

    --
    What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.

  6. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public break down

    On Jun 27, 2:09*am, Snit wrote:
    > "cc" stated in post
    > 63adffc3-c89f-4ca8-a1d7-42e888722...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com on 6/26/08
    > 11:03 PM:
    >

    > > On Jun 26, 8:55*pm, Snit wrote:
    > >> Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I am a teacher. *Shortly
    > >> after he posted such things as how he does not think I have a "real job"
    > >> and:

    > >> * * "The very reason I come here is to target guys likes Snit."
    > >> * * - Steve Carroll

    > >> When Steve realized how absurd his claims were he denied he was tryingto
    > >> say what he had said - that teaching is not, to him, a "real job". *Someone
    > >> else called him on this:

    > >> * * You told a teacher he didn't have a real job. How else
    > >> * * could your comment possibly be interpreted?

    > >> Steve responded by insisting that since the person who asked him this
    > >> clearly understood what he said that he must be a sock puppet or shill..
    > >> Instead of taking responsibility for his actions and his views Steve lashed
    > >> out against those that called him on his BS.

    > >> This topic recently came back up and Steve tried to defend his claims with
    > >> such lovely BS as calling people sock puppets and shills and then changing
    > >> the topic to sexual harassment. *Maybe he had a bad experience with a
    > >> teacher? *Teachers and sexual harassment has been in the news a lot recently
    > >> - that might explain his increased trolling and current break down. *If so
    > >> it is no laughing matter and I truly feel for Steve... though any abuse he
    > >> was subjected to does not excuse his current targeting of teachers online.

    > >> Steve then tried to pull the debate out of CSMA/COLA and claimed he had some
    > >> contact with my wife where she had said all sorts of things about me. *He,
    > >> of course, has never had any such contact... though he has lied in thepast
    > >> about my emailing his wife. *Again this is a repetitive theme to his
    > >> fabrications - speaking volumes about him.

    > >> In the end Steve never did answer the question asked of him way back at the
    > >> start of all this BS

    > >> * * So in your opinion, teacher is not a real job?

    > >> And 100% predictable: Steve Carroll will not answer... not directly. *He
    > >> has, however, already made his view clear. *Teaching, to Steve Carroll, is
    > >> not a real job. *He does not like educators and "targets" them - by his own
    > >> admission.

    > > No one cares.

    > Steve does. *

    That's what email is for.

  7. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public break down

    "cc" stated in post
    d7870a09-6547-46be-b8fa-339cc2034f77...oglegroups.com on 6/27/08
    12:56 PM:

    >>> No one cares.

    >> Steve does. *
    >>

    > That's what email is for.

    I have no desire to know what his email is.

    Now that Steve is in full break down mode, though, he is back to being
    completely incapable of even *trying* to answer questions... all he can do
    is snip and run.

    I shall ignore him for a bit and just watch him go completely over the edge.

    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

  8. Re: OT: Snit's very public breakdown

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Steve Carroll

    wrote
    on Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:55:20 -0600
    :
    > In article ,
    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I

    > ... am mentally ill? Yes, I did... just like many other posters who have
    > commented on it.

    Not sure I'd go quite that far. Fixated, perhaps; the
    general idea of GUI consistency is probably not nearly as
    important as ensuring the system functions. I'd consider
    it a mildly interesting technical challenge, but little more.

    In any event, mental illness takes many many forms, from
    the frozen motor-control functions of an Ecstasy addict
    to the homocidal tendencies of some who have overdosed on
    PCP -- or maybe cocaine -- to the paralysis of the entire
    body except for the capability of blinking an eye (the
    individual was actually able to dictate a *book* using that
    eyelid, if memory serves) to permanent brain damage caused
    by various means, as evidenced by the Terry Schiavo case.

    All this is probably beyond the scope of either newsgroup. ;-)

    (Nor am I expert in any of this, mind you. I just know what
    I know and what's reported in the lay press.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!

  9. Re: OT: Snit's very public breakdown

    "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    d34oj5-f11.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 3:42 PM:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Steve Carroll
    >
    > wrote
    > on Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:55:20 -0600
    > :
    >> In article ,
    >> Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> Steve Carroll found out, quite some time ago, that I

    >> ... am mentally ill? Yes, I did... just like many other posters who have
    >> commented on it.
    >>

    > Not sure I'd go quite that far. Fixated, perhaps; the
    > general idea of GUI consistency is probably not nearly as
    > important as ensuring the system functions. I'd consider
    > it a mildly interesting technical challenge, but little more.

    It is a lot more than that. The UI is *more* important than adding every
    feature under the sun, at least for most people in most circumstances.

    > In any event, mental illness takes many many forms, from
    > the frozen motor-control functions of an Ecstasy addict
    > to the homocidal tendencies of some who have overdosed on
    > PCP -- or maybe cocaine -- to the paralysis of the entire
    > body except for the capability of blinking an eye (the
    > individual was actually able to dictate a *book* using that
    > eyelid, if memory serves) to permanent brain damage caused
    > by various means, as evidenced by the Terry Schiavo case.
    >
    > All this is probably beyond the scope of either newsgroup. ;-)
    >
    > (Nor am I expert in any of this, mind you. I just know what
    > I know and what's reported in the lay press.)

    Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred... that much is clear.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  10. Re: OT: Snit's very public breakdown

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit

    wrote
    on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:31:03 -0700
    :
    > "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    > d34oj5-f11.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 3:42 PM:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Steve Carroll
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:55:20 -0600
    >> :

    >>> ... am mentally ill? Yes, I did... just like many other posters who have
    >>> commented on it.
    >>>

    >> Not sure I'd go quite that far. Fixated, perhaps; the
    >> general idea of GUI consistency is probably not nearly as
    >> important as ensuring the system functions. I'd consider
    >> it a mildly interesting technical challenge, but little more.

    > It is a lot more than that. The UI is *more* important
    > than adding every feature under the sun, at least for most
    > people in most circumstances.

    An airplane is a set of compromises; so is a [G]UI. I'm
    inclined to agree with you to a point, though; the user
    and the computer must communicate, and an effective user
    interface (graphical or no) is part of the toolset.

    After all, not everyone knows machine language. :-)

    >> In any event, mental illness takes many many forms, from
    >> the frozen motor-control functions of an Ecstasy addict
    >> to the homocidal tendencies of some who have overdosed on
    >> PCP -- or maybe cocaine -- to the paralysis of the entire
    >> body except for the capability of blinking an eye (the
    >> individual was actually able to dictate a *book* using that
    >> eyelid, if memory serves) to permanent brain damage caused
    >> by various means, as evidenced by the Terry Schiavo case.
    >>
    >> All this is probably beyond the scope of either newsgroup. ;-)
    >>
    >> (Nor am I expert in any of this, mind you. I just know what
    >> I know and what's reported in the lay press.)

    > Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred... that much is clear.

    Too bad for him. :-P

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
    std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);

  11. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    jheoj5-cc5.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 6:40 PM:

    >>> Not sure I'd go quite that far. Fixated, perhaps; the
    >>> general idea of GUI consistency is probably not nearly as
    >>> important as ensuring the system functions. I'd consider
    >>> it a mildly interesting technical challenge, but little more.

    >> It is a lot more than that. The UI is *more* important
    >> than adding every feature under the sun, at least for most
    >> people in most circumstances.

    > An airplane is a set of compromises; so is a [G]UI. I'm
    > inclined to agree with you to a point, though; the user
    > and the computer must communicate, and an effective user
    > interface (graphical or no) is part of the toolset.
    >
    > After all, not everyone knows machine language. :-)

    Right. And, of course, if you take the "ease of use" to an extreme you have
    a light switch. I am confident a tool as complex as a computer will have a
    little more than one binary option though. Well, depends on the distro I
    suppose.

    >>> In any event, mental illness takes many many forms, from
    >>> the frozen motor-control functions of an Ecstasy addict
    >>> to the homocidal tendencies of some who have overdosed on
    >>> PCP -- or maybe cocaine -- to the paralysis of the entire
    >>> body except for the capability of blinking an eye (the
    >>> individual was actually able to dictate a *book* using that
    >>> eyelid, if memory serves) to permanent brain damage caused
    >>> by various means, as evidenced by the Terry Schiavo case.
    >>>
    >>> All this is probably beyond the scope of either newsgroup. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> (Nor am I expert in any of this, mind you. I just know what
    >>> I know and what's reported in the lay press.)

    >> Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred... that much is clear.
    >>

    > Too bad for him. :-P

    Exactly.

    --
    "In order to discover who you are, first learn who everybody else is. You're
    what's left." - Skip Hansen

  12. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit

    wrote
    on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:37:28 -0700
    :
    > "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    > jheoj5-cc5.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 6:40 PM:

    >>> It is a lot more than that. The UI is *more* important
    >>> than adding every feature under the sun, at least for most
    >>> people in most circumstances.

    >> An airplane is a set of compromises; so is a [G]UI. I'm
    >> inclined to agree with you to a point, though; the user
    >> and the computer must communicate, and an effective user
    >> interface (graphical or no) is part of the toolset.
    >>
    >> After all, not everyone knows machine language. :-)

    > Right. And, of course, if you take the "ease of use" to
    > an extreme you have a light switch. I am confident a tool
    > as complex as a computer will have a little more than one
    > binary option though. Well, depends on the distro I
    > suppose.

    What precisely did you want here?

    [rest snipped]

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because vaporware only goes so far.

  13. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    0cpoj5-on9.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 9:45 PM:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:37:28 -0700
    > :
    >> "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    >> jheoj5-cc5.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 6:40 PM:

    >>> An airplane is a set of compromises; so is a [G]UI. I'm
    >>> inclined to agree with you to a point, though; the user
    >>> and the computer must communicate, and an effective user
    >>> interface (graphical or no) is part of the toolset.
    >>>
    >>> After all, not everyone knows machine language. :-)

    >> Right. And, of course, if you take the "ease of use" to
    >> an extreme you have a light switch. I am confident a tool
    >> as complex as a computer will have a little more than one
    >> binary option though. Well, depends on the distro I
    >> suppose.

    > What precisely did you want here?

    A million dollars in small bills.

    --
    "And so, in no sense, is stability a reason to move to a new version. Itıs
    never a reason." - Bill Gates

  14. Re: OT: Snit's very public breakdown

    In article ,
    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:31:03 -0700
    > :
    > > "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    > > d34oj5-f11.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 3:42 PM:
    > >
    > >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Steve Carroll
    > >>
    > >> wrote
    > >> on Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:55:20 -0600
    > >> :

    > >> Not sure I'd go quite that far. Fixated, perhaps; the
    > >> general idea of GUI consistency is probably not nearly as
    > >> important as ensuring the system functions. I'd consider
    > >> it a mildly interesting technical challenge, but little more.

    > > It is a lot more than that. The UI is *more* important
    > > than adding every feature under the sun, at least for most
    > > people in most circumstances.

    > An airplane is a set of compromises; so is a [G]UI. I'm
    > inclined to agree with you to a point, though; the user
    > and the computer must communicate, and an effective user
    > interface (graphical or no) is part of the toolset.
    >
    > After all, not everyone knows machine language. :-)
    >

    > >> In any event, mental illness takes many many forms, from
    > >> the frozen motor-control functions of an Ecstasy addict
    > >> to the homocidal tendencies of some who have overdosed on
    > >> PCP -- or maybe cocaine -- to the paralysis of the entire
    > >> body except for the capability of blinking an eye (the
    > >> individual was actually able to dictate a *book* using that
    > >> eyelid, if memory serves) to permanent brain damage caused
    > >> by various means, as evidenced by the Terry Schiavo case.
    > >>
    > >> All this is probably beyond the scope of either newsgroup. ;-)
    > >>
    > >> (Nor am I expert in any of this, mind you. I just know what
    > >> I know and what's reported in the lay press.)

    > > Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred... that much is clear.
    > >

    > Too bad for him. :-P

    Reality check: Snit's mental illness has been documented *by Snit* on usenet...
    as has his use of various medications he has tried in an attempt to control it.

    There is a chance some of the persistent problems Snit has with poor reading
    comprehension are tied to his medications. I could go into detail for you on
    all of this stuff... but I doubt you're that interested and Snit throws a
    sh*tfit when he sees the stuff he's posted coming back at him... he doesn't get
    along with reality too well at all. On csma Snit has used numerous sock puppets,
    nymshifted many times, purposefully misquoted people, purposefully taken things
    out of context, sexually harassed a female poster, forged posting IDs, created
    too many trolling threads to count, etc. None of this is open to interpretation,
    it's all been documented by posters in csma. In the event that you think Snit is
    anything other than what he is (a troll), I'll point out that you're not the
    first person Snit has fooled temporarily... and you won't be the last. I don't
    need to convince you... eventually Snit will do that, I'm just giving you a
    heads up.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  15. Re: OT: Snit's very public breakdown

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 07:44:13 -0600, Steve Carroll wrote:
    (snip)
    > I don't need to convince you... eventually Snit will do
    > that, I'm just giving you a heads up.

    Steve, the heads up was unnecessary.

    --
    Rick

  16. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-57652A.07441301072008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 7/1/08 6:44 AM:

    > In article ,
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:31:03 -0700
    >> :
    >>> "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    >>> d34oj5-f11.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 3:42 PM:

    >>> It is a lot more than that. The UI is *more* important
    >>> than adding every feature under the sun, at least for most
    >>> people in most circumstances.

    >> An airplane is a set of compromises; so is a [G]UI. I'm
    >> inclined to agree with you to a point, though; the user
    >> and the computer must communicate, and an effective user
    >> interface (graphical or no) is part of the toolset.
    >>
    >> After all, not everyone knows machine language. :-)

    >>> Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred... that much is clear.
    >>>

    >> Too bad for him. :-P

    > Reality check: Snit's mental illness has been documented *by Snit* on
    > usenet... as has his use of various medications he has tried in an attempt to
    > control it.
    >
    > There is a chance some of the persistent problems Snit has with poor reading
    > comprehension are tied to his medications. I could go into detail for you on
    > all of this stuff... but I doubt you're that interested and Snit throws a
    > sh*tfit when he sees the stuff he's posted coming back at him... he doesn't
    > get along with reality too well at all. On csma Snit has used numerous sock
    > puppets, nymshifted many times, purposefully misquoted people, purposefully
    > taken things out of context, sexually harassed a female poster, forged posting
    > IDs, created too many trolling threads to count, etc. None of this is open to
    > interpretation, it's all been documented by posters in csma. In the event that
    > you think Snit is anything other than what he is (a troll), I'll point out
    > that you're not the first person Snit has fooled temporarily... and you won't
    > be the last. I don't need to convince you... eventually Snit will do that, I'm
    > just giving you a heads up.

    As noted: Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred. Thanks for the proof,
    Steve!

    --
    Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
    slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond

  17. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > trollkiller-57652A.07441301072008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 7/1/08 6:44 AM:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > >
    > >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
    > >>
    > >> wrote
    > >> on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:31:03 -0700
    > >> :

    > >> An airplane is a set of compromises; so is a [G]UI. I'm
    > >> inclined to agree with you to a point, though; the user
    > >> and the computer must communicate, and an effective user
    > >> interface (graphical or no) is part of the toolset.
    > >>
    > >> After all, not everyone knows machine language. :-)

    > >> Too bad for him. :-P

    > > Reality check: Snit's mental illness has been documented *by Snit* on
    > > usenet... as has his use of various medications he has tried in an attempt
    > > control it.
    > >
    > > There is a chance some of the persistent problems Snit has with poor
    > > reading
    > > comprehension are tied to his medications. I could go into detail for you
    > > on
    > > all of this stuff... but I doubt you're that interested and Snit throws a
    > > sh*tfit when he sees the stuff he's posted coming back at him... he doesn't
    > > get along with reality too well at all. On csma Snit has used numerous sock
    > > puppets, nymshifted many times, purposefully misquoted people, purposefully
    > > taken things out of context, sexually harassed a female poster, forged
    > > posting
    > > IDs, created too many trolling threads to count, etc. None of this is open
    > > interpretation, it's all been documented by posters in csma. In the event
    > > that
    > > you think Snit is anything other than what he is (a troll), I'll point out
    > > that you're not the first person Snit has fooled temporarily... and you
    > > won't
    > > be the last. I don't need to convince you... eventually Snit will do that,
    > > I'm
    > > just giving you a heads up.

    > As noted: Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred. Thanks for the proof,
    > Steve!

    Pointing out your mental illness and your poor reading comprehension isn't
    "hatred"... no matter how much your delusions need it to be.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  18. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    trollkiller-F9F064.10041201072008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 7/1/08 9:04 AM:

    > In article ,
    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    >> trollkiller-57652A.07441301072008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 7/1/08 6:44 AM:

    >>> Reality check: Snit's mental illness has been documented *by Snit* on
    >>> usenet... as has his use of various medications he has tried in an attempt
    >>> control it.
    >>>
    >>> There is a chance some of the persistent problems Snit has with poor reading
    >>> comprehension are tied to his medications. I could go into detail for you on
    >>> all of this stuff... but I doubt you're that interested and Snit throws a
    >>> sh*tfit when he sees the stuff he's posted coming back at him... he doesn't
    >>> get along with reality too well at all. On csma Snit has used numerous sock
    >>> puppets, nymshifted many times, purposefully misquoted people, purposefully
    >>> taken things out of context, sexually harassed a female poster, forged
    >>> posting IDs, created too many trolling threads to count, etc. None of this
    >>> is open to interpretation, it's all been documented by posters in csma. In
    >>> the event that you think Snit is anything other than what he is (a troll),
    >>> I'll point out that you're not the first person Snit has fooled
    >>> temporarily... and you won't be the last. I don't need to convince you...
    >>> eventually Snit will do that, I'm just giving you a heads up.
    >>>

    >> As noted: Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred. Thanks for the proof,
    >> Steve!
    >>

    > Pointing out your mental illness and your poor reading comprehension isn't
    > "hatred"... no matter how much your delusions need it to be.

    Your above BS rant proves you are consumed with your hatred, Steve.

    Back pedal all you want... you are the one who posted that hate-filled
    spewage of lies.

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  19. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > trollkiller-F9F064.10041201072008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 7/1/08 9:04 AM:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Steve Carroll" stated in post
    > >> trollkiller-57652A.07441301072008@ne...ps.comcast.net on 7/1/08 6:44
    > >> AM:

    > >> As noted: Steve Carroll is consumed with hatred. Thanks for the proof,
    > >> Steve!
    > >>

    > > Pointing out your mental illness and your poor reading comprehension isn't
    > > "hatred"... no matter how much your delusions need it to be.

    > Your above BS rant proves you

    Why do you think you've hidden who you are, Snit? So many people have commented
    on it do you really think denying it will still convince anyone? C'mon... give
    reality a try for once... you might like it.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  20. Re: OT: Steve Carroll's very public breakdown

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit

    wrote
    on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:02:59 -0700
    :
    > "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    > 0cpoj5-on9.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 9:45 PM:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:37:28 -0700
    >> :
    >>> "The Ghost In The Machine" stated in post
    >>> jheoj5-cc5.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 6/30/08 6:40 PM:

    >>> Right. And, of course, if you take the "ease of use" to
    >>> an extreme you have a light switch. I am confident a tool
    >>> as complex as a computer will have a little more than one
    >>> binary option though. Well, depends on the distro I
    >>> suppose.

    >> What precisely did you want here?

    > A million dollars in small bills.

    Be very careful what you wish for.

    http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...uide/gametools

    :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. It'll Fix Everything(tm).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast