KDE - not so good ... - Linux

This is a discussion on KDE - not so good ... - Linux ; Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90

  1. KDE - not so good ...

    Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!

    "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes"
    "I also found endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to
    the taskbar doesn’t work"

    http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...23-26-RV-DT-KE

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j

    Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    --
    Bwahahahahahahahah - Anyone else think that this announcement from the MS
    marketing machine was anything other than a last ditch attempt to try and

  2. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Hadron writes:

    > Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    > while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    > much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    > the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >
    > "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    > "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes"
    > "I also found endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to
    > the taskbar doesn’t work"
    >

    > http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...23-26-RV-DT-KE
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >
    > Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    And be sure to read the replies from fellow Linux users. Here is one:

    ,----
    `----

    --
    If you take both of those factors together then WinXP is a flop, selling
    *less* than Win 98 by a factor of two.

  3. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:31:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    > while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    > much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    > the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >
    > "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    > "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes"
    > "I also found endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to
    > the taskbar doesnt work"
    >

    > http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...23-26-RV-DT-KE
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >
    > Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    That's too bad.

    KDE was one application that up until now was adding more features while at
    the same time getting faster.
    I guess the wall has collapsed.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:31:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    > while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    > much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    > the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >
    > "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    > "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes" "I also found
    > endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to the taskbar
    > doesn’t work"
    >

    > http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...-023-26-RV-DT-

    KE

    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >
    > Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.

    And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    environments. Ain't choice grand?

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Rick writes:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:31:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    >> while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    >> much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    >> the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >>
    >> "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    >> "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes" "I also found
    >> endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to the taskbar
    >> doesn’t work"
    >>

    >> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...-023-26-RV-DT-

    > KE
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >>
    >> Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    > Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >
    > And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    > environments. Ain't choice grand?

    Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE. But
    many people do you moron. Understand? They will be pissed off. Their
    desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware
    released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    supposed to be a defining release.

    --
    "Every piece of evidence I've heard from developers inside Microsoft
    supports my theory that the company has become completely tangled up in

  6. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:56:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:31:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    >>> while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    >>> much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    >>> the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >>>
    >>> "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    >>> "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes" "I also found
    >>> endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to the taskbar
    >>> doesn’t work"
    >>>

    >>> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...-26-023-26-RV-

    DT-
    >> KE
    >>>
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >>>
    >>> Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    >> Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >>
    >> And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    >> environments. Ain't choice grand?

    > Every time you post I shake my head in amazement.

    Well, if you study more, your reading comprehension will improve.

    > I do not use KDE.

    I do. I have 3.5.9 installed. I just installed opensuse 11 with KDE 4 in
    a VM. I'll poke around a little. Should be interesting. A .0 distro and a
    development desktop environment.

    > But many people do you moron. Understand?

    I understand that many people have KDE installed.

    > They will be pissed off. Their
    > desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware

    .... yet more slopware ... another fine piece of advocacy from Quark.

    > released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    > supposed to be a defining release.

    Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Rick writes:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:56:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    > DT-
    >>> KE

    >>> Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >>>
    >>> And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    >>> environments. Ain't choice grand?

    >> Every time you post I shake my head in amazement.

    > Well, if you study more, your reading comprehension will improve.
    >
    >> I do not use KDE.

    > I do. I have 3.5.9 installed. I just installed opensuse 11 with KDE 4 in
    > a VM. I'll poke around a little. Should be interesting. A .0 distro and a
    > development desktop environment.
    >
    >> But many people do you moron. Understand?

    > I understand that many people have KDE installed.
    >
    >> They will be pissed off. Their
    >> desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware

    > ... yet more slopware ... another fine piece of advocacy from Quark.

    Err, it is advocacy. Showing concern at them releasing such
    slopware. Unlike you I dont feel the need to pretend everything is rosy.

    >> released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    >> supposed to be a defining release.

    > Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it?

    What on earth are you talking about?

    --
    "His asshole is so reamed out he has room for an oxygen
    tank, too."

  8. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:56:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:31:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    >>> while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    >>> much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    >>> the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >>>
    >>> "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    >>> "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes" "I also found
    >>> endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to the taskbar
    >>> doesnt work"
    >>>

    >>> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...-023-26-RV-DT-

    >> KE
    >>>
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >>>
    >>> Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    >> Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >>
    >> And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    >> environments. Ain't choice grand?

    > Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE. But
    > many people do you moron. Understand? They will be pissed off. Their
    > desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware
    > released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    > supposed to be a defining release.

    Rick seems to be having *issues* these days.
    Hopefully he lays off the alcohol or finds some counseling for his anger.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:18:34 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >> DT-

    >>> Every time you post I shake my head in amazement.

    >> Well, if you study more, your reading comprehension will improve.
    >>
    >>> I do not use KDE.

    >> I do. I have 3.5.9 installed. I just installed opensuse 11 with KDE 4
    >> in a VM. I'll poke around a little. Should be interesting. A .0 distro
    >> and a development desktop environment.
    >>
    >>> But many people do you moron. Understand?

    >> I understand that many people have KDE installed.
    >>
    >>> They will be pissed off. Their
    >>> desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware

    >> ... yet more slopware ... another fine piece of advocacy from Quark.

    > Err, it is advocacy. Showing concern at them releasing such slopware.
    > Unlike you I dont feel the need to pretend everything is rosy.

    I don't pretend everything is rosey. I also don't diss Linux every at
    every chance like you do.

    >>> released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    >>> supposed to be a defining release.

    >> Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it?

    > What on earth are you talking about?

    Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it? It will take
    a while to move from 3.x to 4.x.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:34:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:56:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    DT-
    >>> KE

    >>> Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >>>
    >>> And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    >>> environments. Ain't choice grand?

    >> Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE. But
    >> many people do you moron. Understand? They will be pissed off. Their
    >> desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware
    >> released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    >> supposed to be a defining release.

    > Rick seems to be having *issues* these days. Hopefully he lays off the
    > alcohol or finds some counseling for his anger.

    It is a shame you haven't had your ass kicked lately. Or... did all those
    ass kicking you got on the playground form you bitchy personality?

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Rick writes:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:18:34 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    >>> DT-

    >>> Well, if you study more, your reading comprehension will improve.

    >>> I do. I have 3.5.9 installed. I just installed opensuse 11 with KDE 4
    >>> in a VM. I'll poke around a little. Should be interesting. A .0 distro
    >>> and a development desktop environment.

    >>> I understand that many people have KDE installed.

    >>> ... yet more slopware ... another fine piece of advocacy from Quark.

    >> Err, it is advocacy. Showing concern at them releasing such slopware.
    >> Unlike you I dont feel the need to pretend everything is rosy.

    > I don't pretend everything is rosey. I also don't diss Linux every at
    > every chance like you do.

    You are a liar. I do not diss Linux at every change. I diss you and your
    kind whenever you talk nonsense.

    >>> Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it?

    >> What on earth are you talking about?

    > Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it? It will take
    > a while to move from 3.x to 4.x.

    Huh? What *ARE* you talking about?

    --
    "Maybe you can buy a Saturday Night Special and blow your POS brains out."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  12. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:35:25 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:34:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > DT-

    >>> Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE. But
    >>> many people do you moron. Understand? They will be pissed off. Their
    >>> desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware
    >>> released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    >>> supposed to be a defining release.

    >> Rick seems to be having *issues* these days. Hopefully he lays off the
    >> alcohol or finds some counseling for his anger.

    > It is a shame you haven't had your ass kicked lately. Or... did all those
    > ass kicking you got on the playground form you bitchy personality?

    What is it with grown up adult Linux advocates and their obsession with
    playgrounds?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:38:29 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    RV-

    >>> Err, it is advocacy. Showing concern at them releasing such slopware.
    >>> Unlike you I dont feel the need to pretend everything is rosy.

    >> I don't pretend everything is rosey. I also don't diss Linux every at
    >> every chance like you do.

    > You are a liar.

    .... oops.. you're looking into a mirror.

    > I do not diss Linux at every change.

    No, you diss Linux at every chance.

    > I diss you and your kind whenever you talk nonsense.

    Me and my kind.... uh huh.

    >>> What on earth are you talking about?

    >> Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it? It will
    >> take a while to move from 3.x to 4.x.

    > Huh? What *ARE* you talking about?

    Wow.. you ARE and idiot. ... and you must not have been around for the
    KDE 2 to 3 change over.

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:39:44 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:35:25 -0500, Rick wrote:

    RV-
    >> DT-

    >>> Rick seems to be having *issues* these days. Hopefully he lays off the
    >>> alcohol or finds some counseling for his anger.

    >> It is a shame you haven't had your ass kicked lately. Or... did all
    >> those ass kicking you got on the playground form you bitchy
    >> personality?

    > What is it with grown up adult Linux advocates and their obsession with
    > playgrounds?

    Apparently, you have blocked out your ass kickings on playgrounds ...

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Rick writes:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:38:29 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    > RV-

    >>> I don't pretend everything is rosey. I also don't diss Linux every at
    >>> every chance like you do.

    >> You are a liar.

    > ... oops.. you're looking into a mirror.
    >
    >> I do not diss Linux at every change.

    > No, you diss Linux at every chance.
    >
    >> I diss you and your kind whenever you talk nonsense.

    > Me and my kind.... uh huh.

    >>> Well, it did take a while to get from 2.x to 3.x, didn't it? It will
    >>> take a while to move from 3.x to 4.x.

    >> Huh? What *ARE* you talking about?

    > Wow.. you ARE and idiot. ... and you must not have been around for the
    > KDE 2 to 3 change over.

    Seriously, what are you talking about. The grown ups were talking about
    KDE 4 being a buggy POS. What does the time from 2-3 mean and why does
    it have any relevance whatsoever. Or do you think crap releases before
    means its ok now because the precedence has been set?

    --
    "Well we know Quack is an inveterate liar & troll with no credibility, so
    you cannot take *anything* he says as being true."

  16. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    "Rick" stated in post
    jIOdnYp4UYO1eP7VnZ2dnUVZ_vzinZ2d@supernews.com on 6/26/08 11:51 AM:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:31:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    >> while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    >> much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    >> the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >>
    >> "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    >> "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes" "I also found
    >> endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to the taskbar
    >> doesnt work"
    >>

    >> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...-023-26-RV-DT-

    > KE
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >>
    >> Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    > Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.

    Yeah, the suggestion that *you* can help is clearly a lie.

    > And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    > environments. Ain't choice grand?

    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  17. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:31:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bad news for KDE users and Linux adoption in general. As I predicted a
    >>> while back, KDE has become a huge bloated mess which tries to be too
    >>> much to too many. Anyone with a background in SW development could see
    >>> the results steamrollering towards us. And sure enough!
    >>>
    >>> "KDE 4.04: Bad, Just Plain Bad"
    >>> "With KDE 4, I actually saw complete system crashes" "I also found
    >>> endless small annoyances. Dragging an application icon to the taskbar
    >>> doesn?t work"
    >>>

    >>> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...-023-26-RV-DT-

    >> KE
    >>>
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6ncq6j
    >>>
    >>> Maybe our resident UI expert, "Rick", can help?

    >> Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >>
    >> And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    >> environments. Ain't choice grand?

    > Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE.

    So you have no first hand experience. You have no grounds for posting the
    way that you do... What a windows shill/troll you are...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  18. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    "Rick" stated in post
    jIOdnb14UYMQYP7VnZ2dnUVZ_vzinZ2d@supernews.com on 6/26/08 1:35 PM:

    >>> Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE. But
    >>> many people do you moron. Understand? They will be pissed off. Their
    >>> desktops will become unstable. The bad press of yet more slopware
    >>> released without proper testing will bring Linux bad press. This was
    >>> supposed to be a defining release.

    >> Rick seems to be having *issues* these days. Hopefully he lays off the
    >> alcohol or finds some counseling for his anger.

    > It is a shame you haven't had your ass kicked lately. Or... did all those
    > ass kicking you got on the playground form you bitchy personality?

    Ah, and *here* Rick shows he knows how to make grade school insults.

    I knew you could "rise" to Peter K.'s level!

    LOL!

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

  19. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    "Rick" stated in post
    jIOdnb54UYPRnfnVnZ2dnUVZ_vzinZ2d@supernews.com on 6/26/08 1:47 PM:

    >>> It is a shame you haven't had your ass kicked lately. Or... did all
    >>> those ass kicking you got on the playground form you bitchy
    >>> personality?

    >> What is it with grown up adult Linux advocates and their obsession with
    >> playgrounds?

    > Apparently, you have blocked out your ass kickings on playgrounds ...

    First rule of writing: write about what you are personally familiar with and
    have experienced

    At least you got that one down, Rick!

    --
    One who makes no mistakes, never makes anything.

  20. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:50:07 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    ltsn=2008-06-26-023-26-
    >> RV-

    >>> You are a liar.

    >> ... oops.. you're looking into a mirror.
    >>
    >>> I do not diss Linux at every change.

    >> No, you diss Linux at every chance.
    >>
    >>> I diss you and your kind whenever you talk nonsense.

    >> Me and my kind.... uh huh.

    >>> Huh? What *ARE* you talking about?

    >> Wow.. you ARE and idiot. ... and you must not have been around for the
    >> KDE 2 to 3 change over.

    > Seriously, what are you talking about. The grown ups were talking about
    > KDE 4 being a buggy POS.

    Wow... and you were let into the conversation?

    > What does the time from 2-3 mean

    You need it explained? Fine? There were large changes between 2 and 3,
    and it took time to get ironed out.

    KDE 4 is not a POS, like you are, it merely takes time for bugs to be
    ironed out and features ported..