KDE - not so good ... - Linux

This is a discussion on KDE - not so good ... - Linux ; On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:42:32 -0500, Rick wrote: >> Your responses are so idiotic. > >You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch. > >KDE 4 is new. From what I have read it is not a mainstream ...

  1. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:42:32 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >> Your responses are so idiotic.

    >You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch.
    >
    >KDE 4 is new. From what I have read it is not a mainstream production
    >product yet.

    Mainstream production product? On what planet are you living? KDE has
    a tiny fraction of that fractional (0.6%) desktop share and you are
    talking mainstream product? Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaa!!!!!

  2. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:42:32 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:31:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Don't like it? Don't use it.

    >> Tell me something Rick, when you are sitting on a plane that is delayed
    >> and number 99 in the queue and the person next to you complains about
    >> the terrible service, do you tell her "If you don't like it, next time
    >> walk" ?

    > I've been known to say something like that. Unlike you and your cronies,
    > I don't act all big in Usenet, knowing there are no consequences, If I
    > were to meet you on the street, I'd also tell you to your face what a
    > lying bitch you are.

    So you are an arrogant, foolish, nasty person in real life as well.
    No surprise.

    >> Your responses are so idiotic.

    > You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch.

    You sure seem to like the word bitch.
    Is that what your students call you?

    > KDE 4 is new. From what I have read it is not a mainstream production
    > product yet. Try it. If it all works for you, fine. If not, let the
    > developers know. Or just stay with 3.5.9.

    Linux itself is not a mainstream product.

    > Or, in your case, just go back to Windows.

    What makes you think I don't use Windows as well as Linux?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On 2008-06-27, Rick wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:31:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Don't like it? Don't use it.

    >> Tell me something Rick, when you are sitting on a plane that is delayed
    >> and number 99 in the queue and the person next to you complains about
    >> the terrible service, do you tell her "If you don't like it, next time
    >> walk" ?

    > I've been known to say something like that. Unlike you and your cronies,
    > I don't act all big in Usenet, knowing there are no consequences, If I
    > were to meet you on the street, I'd also tell you to your face what a
    > lying bitch you are.
    >

    >> Your responses are so idiotic.

    > You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch.
    >
    > KDE 4 is new. From what I have read it is not a mainstream production
    > product yet. Try it. If it all works for you, fine. If not, let the
    > developers know. Or just stay with 3.5.9.
    >
    > Or, in your case, just go back to Windows.

    Stop halt right there. KDE 4 (currently 4.0.5) is a major release, not a beta
    version. all bugs should have been fixed in the previous beta, therefore
    if it was not ready, it should not have been released. simple as.

  4. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    "Rick" stated in post
    sqKdna877-UV2PnVnZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d@supernews.com on 6/26/08 6:42 PM:

    >>> Don't like it? Don't use it.

    >> Tell me something Rick, when you are sitting on a plane that is delayed
    >> and number 99 in the queue and the person next to you complains about
    >> the terrible service, do you tell her "If you don't like it, next time
    >> walk" ?

    > I've been known to say something like that. Unlike you and your cronies,
    > I don't act all big in Usenet, knowing there are no consequences, If I
    > were to meet you on the street, I'd also tell you to your face what a
    > lying bitch you are.

    You call people names a lot. A better tactic, in a civilized community,
    would be to try to speak intelligently and to support your claims.

    Watch my posts - I do so quite well (though not perfectly). You have a lot
    to learn.

    >> Your responses are so idiotic.

    > You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch.

    See how you just lash out. Kills any credibility you might think you have.

    > KDE 4 is new.

    At least you know a little!

    > From what I have read it is not a mainstream production product yet.

    So it is really a beta...

    > Try it. If it all works for you, fine. If not, let the developers know. Or
    > just stay with 3.5.9.
    >
    > Or, in your case, just go back to Windows.

    --
    "And so, in no sense, is stability a reason to move to a new version. Itąs
    never a reason." - Bill Gates

  5. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    OK, KDE4 is still a work in progress and the KDE team made this very clear.

    KDE4 for now was only released for coders and those who want to /test/
    top notch SW, the latest and greatest. Until now KDE4 is only a test
    release. It won't be stable until the 4.1 release, according to the KDE
    website.

    So (as usual) you are running out of conclusions again.

    > No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.

    Don't bother Don, Hadron is probably one of the most hated characters in
    this NG, but he simply doesn't give a toss.

    Ignorance is bliss (in some cases) ;-)

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  6. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:50:54 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:42:32 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> Tell me something Rick, when you are sitting on a plane that is
    >>> delayed and number 99 in the queue and the person next to you
    >>> complains about the terrible service, do you tell her "If you don't
    >>> like it, next time walk" ?

    >> I've been known to say something like that. Unlike you and your
    >> cronies, I don't act all big in Usenet, knowing there are no
    >> consequences, If I were to meet you on the street, I'd also tell you to
    >> your face what a lying bitch you are.

    > So you are an arrogant, foolish, nasty person in real life as well.

    I can be. Unlike you, however, I am not a liar.

    > No surprise.
    >

    >>> Your responses are so idiotic.

    >> You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch.

    > You sure seem to like the word bitch. Is that what your students call
    > you?

    Rice retort. I use the word bitch because that's what you are.

    >> KDE 4 is new. From what I have read it is not a mainstream production
    >> product yet. Try it. If it all works for you, fine. If not, let the
    >> developers know. Or just stay with 3.5.9.

    > Linux itself is not a mainstream product.
    >
    >> Or, in your case, just go back to Windows.

    > What makes you think I don't use Windows as well as Linux?

    You don't use Linux ... not in any real sense.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    ml2mst writes:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    > OK, KDE4 is still a work in progress and the KDE team made this very clear.
    >
    > KDE4 for now was only released for coders and those who want to /test/
    > top notch SW, the latest and greatest. Until now KDE4 is only a test
    > release. It won't be stable until the 4.1 release, according to the KDE
    > website.
    >
    > So (as usual) you are running out of conclusions again.
    >
    >> No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.

    > Don't bother Don, Hadron is probably one of the most hated characters in
    > this NG, but he simply doesn't give a toss.
    >
    > Ignorance is bliss (in some cases) ;-)

    Ignorance is a well chosen word here. What part of "4.0 is a release"
    confuses you?

    Are YOU using it daily? Are you reporting the bugs?

    Can we use the same "logic" to explain why Vista is such a dog too?

    But good to see Marti with his heckles raised in order to protect his
    master Tattoo Campfire.

    --
    "Hey, who needs mp3, wma, acc when we can have ogg?"
    -- "Moshe Goldfarb." in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  8. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    "Rick" stated in post
    sqKdna477-UD7fnVnZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d@supernews.com on 6/26/08 9:46 PM:

    >>> I've been known to say something like that. Unlike you and your
    >>> cronies, I don't act all big in Usenet, knowing there are no
    >>> consequences, If I were to meet you on the street, I'd also tell you to
    >>> your face what a lying bitch you are.

    >> So you are an arrogant, foolish, nasty person in real life as well.

    > I can be. Unlike you, however, I am not a liar.

    Ah, Rick *says* he is not a liar... therefore he can't be one, right... even
    though he lies so often.

    Not buying it, Rick.

    >>> You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch.

    >> You sure seem to like the word bitch. Is that what your students call
    >> you?

    > Rice retort.

    Is that like Bread Repudding?

    > I use the word bitch because that's what you are.

    It shows your lack of mature vocabulary and your inability to make a point.

    >>> KDE 4 is new. From what I have read it is not a mainstream production
    >>> product yet. Try it. If it all works for you, fine. If not, let the
    >>> developers know. Or just stay with 3.5.9.

    >> Linux itself is not a mainstream product.
    >>
    >>> Or, in your case, just go back to Windows.

    >> What makes you think I don't use Windows as well as Linux?

    > You don't use Linux ... not in any real sense.

    Who are you to decide who uses Linux and how much and what is needed to use
    it in a "real sense"?

    --
    Satan lives for my sins... now *that* is dedication!

  9. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    Hadron wrote:

    > Tattoo Campfire is an angry little man. I think it's the wig which gives
    > him the bad streak. Think Homer when he had Snake's hair transplanted on
    > to him in the Simpsons.

    The Simpsons is the high point of your weekend, isn't it, Quack? What a sad,
    pitiful creature you are.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Working hard to become roadkill on the Infobahn.

    Good to the last supper

  10. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    ml2mst wrote:

    > Don't bother Don, Hadron is probably one of the most hated characters in
    > this NG, but he simply doesn't give a toss.

    "Probably"??? :-)
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Working hard to become roadkill on the Infobahn.

    Good to the last supper

  11. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    Hadron wrote:

    > But good to see Marti with his heckles raised in order to protect his
    > master Tattoo Campfire.

    What's a heckle?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Farewell, friend. I was 1000 times more evil than thou.

    Good to the last supper

  12. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 06:29:24 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    > OK, KDE4 is still a work in progress and the KDE team made this very
    > clear.
    >
    > KDE4 for now was only released for coders and those who want to /test/ top
    > notch SW, the latest and greatest. Until now KDE4 is only a test release.
    > It won't be stable until the 4.1 release, according to the KDE website.
    >
    > So (as usual) you are running out of conclusions again.
    >
    >> No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.

    > Don't bother Don, Hadron is probably one of the most hated characters in
    > this NG, but he simply doesn't give a toss.

    I may add that it's not just in this ng.

    > Ignorance is bliss (in some cases) ;-)

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  13. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Snit writes:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > sqKdna477-UD7fnVnZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d@supernews.com on 6/26/08 9:46 PM:

    >>> So you are an arrogant, foolish, nasty person in real life as well.

    >> I can be. Unlike you, however, I am not a liar.

    > Ah, Rick *says* he is not a liar... therefore he can't be one, right... even
    > though he lies so often.
    >
    > Not buying it, Rick.

    >>> You sure seem to like the word bitch. Is that what your students call
    >>> you?

    >> Rice retort.

    > Is that like Bread Repudding?
    >
    >> I use the word bitch because that's what you are.

    > It shows your lack of mature vocabulary and your inability to make a point.

    >>> Linux itself is not a mainstream product.

    >>> What makes you think I don't use Windows as well as Linux?

    >> You don't use Linux ... not in any real sense.

    > Who are you to decide who uses Linux and how much and what is needed to use
    > it in a "real sense"?

    It's a new "mantra" he has. Since I laughed at his minimal usage he got
    all uppity and resorted to saying "Bitch" a lot. Men who call others
    "Bitches" are invariably gay for some reason, although one doesn't know
    for sure.

    --
    "The even stupider thing about it is, these morons really believe that
    threatening people will fire and brimstone will "convert" them."

  14. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    >No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.
    >
    >The best part of you ran down your daddy's pant leg, Quack.

    I'm not sure that Quack has a daddy. I think he may be what some dog
    puked-up after eating cat **** of the litter box.

  15. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    chrisv writes:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >>Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    >>No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.
    >>
    >>The best part of you ran down your daddy's pant leg, Quack.

    > I'm not sure that Quack has a daddy. I think he may be what some dog
    > puked-up after eating cat **** of the litter box.

    Two of COLA's finest "advocates" doing what they do best - talking about
    bodily fluids and defecation.

    No wonder COLA is so widely regarded as a cesspit these days.

    --
    "My college theater antics were the inspiration for Robin
    Williams' character on Mork & Mindy"

  16. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:07:08 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > ml2mst writes:
    >
    >> Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >> OK, KDE4 is still a work in progress and the KDE team made this very
    >> clear.
    >>
    >> KDE4 for now was only released for coders and those who want to /test/
    >> top notch SW, the latest and greatest. Until now KDE4 is only a test
    >> release. It won't be stable until the 4.1 release, according to the KDE
    >> website.
    >>
    >> So (as usual) you are running out of conclusions again.
    >>
    >>> No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.

    >> Don't bother Don, Hadron is probably one of the most hated characters
    >> in this NG, but he simply doesn't give a toss.
    >>
    >> Ignorance is bliss (in some cases) ;-)

    > Ignorance is a well chosen word here. What part of "4.0 is a release"
    > confuses you?

    In the words of a KDE developer "KDE 4.0.0 is really what it’s called. A
    dot-oh-oh release." ... "Having 4.0.0 out gives it more exposure to
    users, but also shows some other components down the stack that they
    really need to catch up. We’re raising the bar of what’s being done with
    desktop operating systems, this is not free of pain. Plasma for example
    exposes some bugs in video drivers and other toolkits such as GTK —
    simply because we’re the first to make extensive use of ARGB visuals (or,
    for the less technical inclined, transparency effects). Hadn’t we
    released 4.0.0, nobody would’ve tested their drivers with it. Result, if
    you then release 6 months later: the bugs are still there, simply because
    no one has run into them"

    Some KDE 3 applications have not yet been ported to KDE 4. Most
    distributions still package KDE 3 versions of these applications with
    their KDE 4 desktops. Some notable applications which will not be
    included in KDE 4.1 are listed below:"

    KDE4 is NOT feature complete. There are KNOW issues which are getting
    attention by KDE developers in order.

    [quote]
    KDE 4.1 is scheduled for release at the end of July 2008. This is a
    significant milestone for the KDE 4 series and for KDE in general, but as
    an early release in the KDE 4 cycle, it does have some known issues which
    will not be fixed in KDE 4.1. Huge progress has been made in KDE 4.1
    which is listed in the KDE 4.1 Feature Plan.
    (/quote]

    THE KDE developers are saying KDE4 may not be ready until 4.2.

    Some of the more obvious issues are listed below. If these issues are
    important to you, you should stay with KDE 3.5.9 until KDE 4.2 when most
    of these issues are scheduled to be resolved.

    > Are YOU using it daily? Are you reporting the bugs?

    Are you? Personally, I will use it a little but with opensuse 11. I don't
    know how much. If I find something to report, I will.

    > Can we use the same "logic" to explain why Vista is such a dog too?

    I have no idea why Vista is a dog. I do know the KDE developers are not
    trying to force KDE4 on anyone. OTOH Vista is pre-loaded everywhere.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 04:55:32 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> But good to see Marti with his heckles raised in order to protect his
    >> master Tattoo Campfire.

    > What's a heckle?

    the companion of Jeckle?

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:42:31 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >>>No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.
    >>>
    >>>The best part of you ran down your daddy's pant leg, Quack.

    >> I'm not sure that Quack has a daddy. I think he may be what some dog
    >> puked-up after eating cat **** of the litter box.
    >>

    > Two of COLA's finest "advocates" doing what they do best - talking about
    > bodily fluids and defecation.
    >
    > No wonder COLA is so widely regarded as a cesspit these days.

    When was the last time you advocated the use of Linux and OSS in this
    group?

    --
    Rick

  19. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    Rick writes:

    > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:42:31 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv writes:

    >>> I'm not sure that Quack has a daddy. I think he may be what some dog
    >>> puked-up after eating cat **** of the litter box.
    >>>

    >> Two of COLA's finest "advocates" doing what they do best - talking about
    >> bodily fluids and defecation.
    >>
    >> No wonder COLA is so widely regarded as a cesspit these days.

    > When was the last time you advocated the use of Linux and OSS in this
    > group?

    Today.

    --
    "Do a screen-shot of a text. Now disable anti-aliasing. Do again screen-shot of same text. Compare both. They are exactly the same."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA, explaining Anti Aliasing ....

  20. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    Bull****.

    --
    Rick