KDE - not so good ... - Linux

This is a discussion on KDE - not so good ... - Linux ; Rick writes: > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:50:07 +0200, Hadron wrote: > >> Rick writes: >> >>> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:38:29 +0200, Hadron wrote: >>> >>>> Rick writes: >>>> >>>>> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:18:34 +0200, ...

  1. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Rick writes:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:50:07 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    > ltsn=2008-06-26-023-26-
    >>> RV-

    >>> ... oops.. you're looking into a mirror.

    >>> No, you diss Linux at every chance.

    >>> Me and my kind.... uh huh.

    >>> Wow.. you ARE and idiot. ... and you must not have been around for the
    >>> KDE 2 to 3 change over.

    >> Seriously, what are you talking about. The grown ups were talking about
    >> KDE 4 being a buggy POS.

    > Wow... and you were let into the conversation?
    >
    >> What does the time from 2-3 mean

    > You need it explained? Fine? There were large changes between 2 and 3,
    > and it took time to get ironed out.
    >
    > KDE 4 is not a POS, like you are, it merely takes time for bugs to be
    > ironed out and features ported..

    Rick, we all know by now that you have the brain of a flea but might I
    remind you that this IS KDE 4. The features are supposed to work you fool.

  2. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Jerry McBride writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    >>> KE

    >>> Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >>>
    >>> And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    >>> environments. Ain't choice grand?

    >> Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE.

    > So you have no first hand experience. You have no grounds for posting the
    > way that you do... What a windows shill/troll you are...

    I never mentioned Windows you little fibber.

    --
    "We will never allow an event like an election reverse our
    independence, our sovereignty, our sweat and all that we fought

  3. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:07:36 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >> ltsn=2008-06-26-023-26-

    >>> Seriously, what are you talking about. The grown ups were talking about
    >>> KDE 4 being a buggy POS.

    >> Wow... and you were let into the conversation?
    >>
    >>> What does the time from 2-3 mean

    >> You need it explained? Fine? There were large changes between 2 and 3,
    >> and it took time to get ironed out.
    >>
    >> KDE 4 is not a POS, like you are, it merely takes time for bugs to be
    >> ironed out and features ported..
    >>

    > Rick, we all know by now that you have the brain of a flea but might I
    > remind you that this IS KDE 4. The features are supposed to work you fool.

    He's trying to bring the 2.0 to 3.0 upgrade into the loop because that was
    a huge improvement.
    Of course the Linux loons always claimed 2.0 was fine and it *worked for
    them*, at least until 3.0 came out and then all of a sudden the "great they
    fixed zyx bugs, it's screaming fast compared to 2.0 etc"

    It's the same old story with them.

    Getting back to kde 4.x, it sure looks like they bit off more than they
    could chew.
    This also seems to be the case with Linux in general.

    I don't ever recall Linux having freezing problems with the kernel and all
    of the problems we see in the Ubuntu/Fedora groups.

    IMHO it's a combination of things:

    1. A greater number of average people (not Linux nuts) are using Linux and
    the bugs that were always there are now being talked about instead of
    hidden by the "works for me crowd".

    2. Linux development is focusing too much on eye candy and features instead
    of stability.

    3. A combination of 1 and 2.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Hadron - no good at all...

    Hadron wrote:

    Fool.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....D‰j€ Moo: the feeling you have heard this bull before.

    Good to the last supper

  5. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Hadron wrote:

    > I do not diss Linux at every change

    LOL

    Sure you don't, Quack. Neither does your bedbuddy Flatfarb.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....D‰j€ Moo: the feeling you have heard this bull before.

    Good to the last supper

  6. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:33:57 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:

    > Fool.

    Be nice now, Lilly......

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:33:57 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >> Fool.

    > Be nice now, Lilly......

    Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    --
    "I hate Linux and Linux advocacy I hate Linux and Linux
    advocacy I hate Linux and Linux advocacy "

  8. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:12:40 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    >>> KE

    >>> Well, that just shows what a lying twit you are.
    >>>
    >>> And, BTW, if you don't like KDE, don't use it. There are other
    >>> environments. Ain't choice grand?

    >> Every time you post I shake my head in amazement. I do not use KDE.

    > So you have no first hand experience. You have no grounds for posting the
    > way that you do... What a windows shill/troll you are...

    So the troll doesn't use KDE, has no first hand knowledge of it, yet
    pontificates about it. What a tosser.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  9. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:42:35 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:33:57 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Fool.

    >> Be nice now, Lilly......

    > Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    Of course.
    He is in denial like most of the Linux loons in COLA.

    The fact that it's all over the net about KDE 4.x being a lead balloon
    doesn't seem to matter to these Linux zealots.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:42:35 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    >>> Be nice now, Lilly......

    >> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    > Of course.
    > He is in denial like most of the Linux loons in COLA.
    >
    > The fact that it's all over the net about KDE 4.x being a lead balloon
    > doesn't seem to matter to these Linux zealots.

    I love his "hard man" act. It really does it for Marti.

    --
    "I hate Linux and Linux advocacy I hate Linux and Linux
    advocacy I hate Linux and Linux advocacy "
    -- High Plains Thumper in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  11. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:35:33 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I do not diss Linux at every change

    > LOL
    >
    > Sure you don't, Quack. Neither does your bedbuddy Flatfarb.

    I just wanted to see what Hadron would answer since he complains aboout
    everything.
    Notice no answer.

    caver1
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    But I am not a confirmed liar, troll, MS-shill and waste of
    bandwidth. Â*What have you ever contributed to the world apart from your
    cretinous babblings in various newsgroups (where you are mostly killfiled)?

    Perhaps it's time to dump you into the killfile where trolls and cretins
    belong...

    From: Christopher Hunter in reply to Quack
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    There is a certain amount
    of hostility towards Linux in most of your posts. Your statement above is
    one prime example. Google can reveal plenty others. Even a blind person
    reading this newsgroup could pretty quickly figure out that you do appear
    to favor MS...hence why question why do you bother with linux?

    From: Stephan Rose in reply to Quack.
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  12. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:51:49 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    >> Of course.
    >> He is in denial like most of the Linux loons in COLA.
    >>
    >> The fact that it's all over the net about KDE 4.x being a lead balloon
    >> doesn't seem to matter to these Linux zealots.

    > I love his "hard man" act. It really does it for Marti.

    I suspect Marti is getting all flustered!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    Hadron wrote:

    > Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.

    The best part of you ran down your daddy's pant leg, Quack.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Do I straddle the fence on issues? Well, yes and no....

    Good to the last supper

  14. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:16:44 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    > No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.
    >
    > The best part of you ran down your daddy's pant leg, Quack.

    What is it with Linux advocates and their apparent obsession with bodily
    fluids?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:16:44 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is Tattoo Campfire trying to disagree that KDE 4 is a mess?

    >> No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.
    >>
    >> The best part of you ran down your daddy's pant leg, Quack.

    > What is it with Linux advocates and their apparent obsession with bodily
    > fluids?

    Tattoo Campfire is an angry little man. I think it's the wig which gives
    him the bad streak. Think Homer when he had Snake's hair transplanted on
    to him in the Simpsons.

    --
    " Are there any decent document editors that can open ODT files except
    OpenOffice.org? oowriter is so unstable with large files that it would

  16. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    "Rick" stated in post
    jIOdnbh4UYMIkvnVnZ2dnUVZ_vzinZ2d@supernews.com on 6/26/08 2:52 PM:

    >>> Wow.. you ARE and idiot. ... and you must not have been around for the
    >>> KDE 2 to 3 change over.

    >> Seriously, what are you talking about. The grown ups were talking about
    >> KDE 4 being a buggy POS.

    > Wow... and you were let into the conversation?

    Hey! Rick *can* spew grade school insults!

    >> What does the time from 2-3 mean

    > You need it explained? Fine? There were large changes between 2 and 3,
    > and it took time to get ironed out.
    >
    > KDE 4 is not a POS, like you are, it merely takes time for bugs to be
    > ironed out and features ported..

    And here he is with juvenile name calling!

    >> and why does
    >> it have any relevance whatsoever. Or do you think crap releases before
    >> means its ok now because the precedence has been set?

    And back to the grade school insults.

    Wow, Rick, you must be proud of yourself.

    --
    "Uh... ask me after we ship the next version of Windows [laughs] then I'll
    be more open to give you a blunt answer." - Bill Gates

  17. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    Don't like it? Don't use it.

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Hadron - no good at all...

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 02:31:03 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> No, I'm just reminding you what an utter waste of space you are.
    >>>
    >>> The best part of you ran down your daddy's pant leg, Quack.

    >> What is it with Linux advocates and their apparent obsession with bodily
    >> fluids?

    > Tattoo Campfire is an angry little man. I think it's the wig which gives
    > him the bad streak. Think Homer when he had Snake's hair transplanted on
    > to him in the Simpsons.

    Hahaha!

    Good one!!

    Lilly sure is a strange one!
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:16:58 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:19:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Rick, we all know by now that you have the brain of a flea but might I
    >>> remind you that this IS KDE 4. The features are supposed to work you
    >>> fool.

    >> He's trying to bring the 2.0 to 3.0 upgrade into the loop because that
    >> was a huge improvement.
    >> Of course the Linux loons always claimed 2.0 was fine and it *worked for
    >> them*, at least until 3.0 came out and then all of a sudden the "great
    >> they fixed zyx bugs, it's screaming fast compared to 2.0 etc"
    >>
    >> It's the same old story with them.
    >>
    >> Getting back to kde 4.x, it sure looks like they bit off more than they
    >> could chew.
    >> This also seems to be the case with Linux in general.
    >>
    >> I don't ever recall Linux having freezing problems with the kernel and
    >> all of the problems we see in the Ubuntu/Fedora groups.
    >>
    >> IMHO it's a combination of things:
    >>
    >> 1. A greater number of average people (not Linux nuts) are using Linux
    >> and the bugs that were always there are now being talked about instead
    >> of hidden by the "works for me crowd".
    >>
    >> 2. Linux development is focusing too much on eye candy and features
    >> instead of stability.
    >>
    >> 3. A combination of 1 and 2.

    > Don't like it? Don't use it.

    Tell me something Rick, when you are sitting on a plane that is delayed and
    number 99 in the queue and the person next to you complains about the
    terrible service, do you tell her "If you don't like it, next time walk" ?

    Your responses are so idiotic.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: KDE - not so good ...

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:31:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:16:58 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> He's trying to bring the 2.0 to 3.0 upgrade into the loop because that
    >>> was a huge improvement.
    >>> Of course the Linux loons always claimed 2.0 was fine and it *worked
    >>> for them*, at least until 3.0 came out and then all of a sudden the
    >>> "great they fixed zyx bugs, it's screaming fast compared to 2.0 etc"
    >>>
    >>> It's the same old story with them.
    >>>
    >>> Getting back to kde 4.x, it sure looks like they bit off more than
    >>> they could chew.
    >>> This also seems to be the case with Linux in general.
    >>>
    >>> I don't ever recall Linux having freezing problems with the kernel and
    >>> all of the problems we see in the Ubuntu/Fedora groups.
    >>>
    >>> IMHO it's a combination of things:
    >>>
    >>> 1. A greater number of average people (not Linux nuts) are using Linux
    >>> and the bugs that were always there are now being talked about instead
    >>> of hidden by the "works for me crowd".
    >>>
    >>> 2. Linux development is focusing too much on eye candy and features
    >>> instead of stability.
    >>>
    >>> 3. A combination of 1 and 2.

    >> Don't like it? Don't use it.

    > Tell me something Rick, when you are sitting on a plane that is delayed
    > and number 99 in the queue and the person next to you complains about
    > the terrible service, do you tell her "If you don't like it, next time
    > walk" ?

    I've been known to say something like that. Unlike you and your cronies,
    I don't act all big in Usenet, knowing there are no consequences, If I
    were to meet you on the street, I'd also tell you to your face what a
    lying bitch you are.

    > Your responses are so idiotic.

    You are such a lying, anti-Linux, anti-Linux user bitch.

    KDE 4 is new. From what I have read it is not a mainstream production
    product yet. Try it. If it all works for you, fine. If not, let the
    developers know. Or just stay with 3.5.9.

    Or, in your case, just go back to Windows.

    --
    Rick