[News] [Rival] Windows 7apourware/ME3 Another Microsoft Disaster in the Making - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Windows 7apourware/ME3 Another Microsoft Disaster in the Making

    Microsoft Promises Predictable Schedule for Windows 7

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Has anyone forgotten how we arrived at the January 2007 release date for
    | Vista to begin with? In early 2006, we were told that it would be out "by
    | year's end." Then came the rumors that Microsoft might have to scale back the
    | release to meet its deadline. Features were being dropped. After a long
    | period of speculation, Microsoft admitted that it would be unable to ship
    | even a less-ambitious product on schedule. Vista was pushed back to 2007, and
    | some analysts wondered whether the software giant would even be able to
    | salvage it by then.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In other words, don't expect any ambitious new features from the new Windows.
    | Instead, expect more of the same.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...windows_7.html

    Windows is doomed. It relies on legacy's life supply.

    Recent:

    Windows 7: R.I.P.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Death throes. That’s how I’d describe the latest barrage of white papers from
    | Microsoft. The company’s flagship, Windows Vista, is thrashing around in the
    | shallows like a wounded animal, fighting in vain to escape the inevitable.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Now we learn that there’s no point in waiting for Windows 7 because,
    | according to Microsoft, “it’ll be just like Vista.”
    |
    | Talk about eating your young! Microsoft is now publicly trashing their next
    | version in order to salvage their current dud. Never mind that they’re
    | killing the very positive mystique surrounding Windows 7. Company executives
    | are hell bent on proving that the Vista “Refuseniks” were wrong, and they’re
    | not above using force to achieve their goal.
    |
    | That’s right, hidden within their latest propaganda piece is the not so
    | veiled threat that customers who bypass Vista risk widening the very
    | compatibility chasm that dissuaded them in the first place. That’s because
    | Microsoft has no intention of making it any easier for customers to upgrade
    | to Windows 7 from XP than it is for them to upgrade from XP to Vista today.
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterpri...ows_7_rip.html

    CIOs Uncensored: For The Sake Of IT, Leave XP Alone

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I just finished a presentation to a group of nontechnical executives, and I'm
    | even more angry about Microsoft's plan to end shipments of Windows XP this
    | summer. I'd been making my list of reasons Microsoft shouldn't get rid of XP.
    | Now I've got one more biggie--it's going to set back the hard-earned progress
    | CIOs have been making in getting IT viewed as a strategic part of their
    | organizations.
    `----

    http://tinyurl.com/57t2st

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows 7apourware/ME3 Another Microsoft Disaster in the Making

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Microsoft Promises Predictable Schedule for Windows 7

    Another disaster in the making? You mean another disaster like the Win2k
    disaster and the Windows-XP disaster?

    Nearly any company on the planet would love to have a "disaster" like Vista.