Hiring WINDUMMY IT Admins over Linux Admins - Linux

This is a discussion on Hiring WINDUMMY IT Admins over Linux Admins - Linux ; Hiring WINDUMMY IT Admins over Linux Admins is a waste of time. Micoshaft products no longer able to keep up with advances in Linux and a lot of the detailed IT infrastructure stuff that Linux is doing without blinking is ...

  1. Hiring WINDUMMY IT Admins over Linux Admins

    Hiring WINDUMMY IT Admins over Linux Admins is a waste of time.

    Micoshaft products no longer able to keep up with advances
    in Linux and a lot of the detailed IT infrastructure stuff
    that Linux is doing without blinking is not available
    if you hire a WINDUMMY IT Admin - because that stupid fsck
    you just newly hired DOESN'T KNOW enough about it!!!!

    What to do?

    Well be careful who you hire next time!

    You demand compiz on all desktops, virtualisation protection
    of all legacy software, you demand ssh secure communications,
    you demand wiresharking all the packets, you demand Linux
    desktop speed, you demand Linux server speeds for all your
    file access, authentication and rsync - and what do you get
    if you put a windummy in charge -> SWEET FA NOTHIN!

    It just ain't right.

    Sack the WINDUMMY bar stards and bring in
    the professional Linux IT Admins.

  2. Re: Hiring WINDUMMY IT Admins over Linux Admins

    7 wrote:
    > Hiring WINDUMMY IT Admins over Linux Admins is a waste of time.
    >
    > Micoshaft products no longer able to keep up with advances
    > in Linux and a lot of the detailed IT infrastructure stuff
    > that Linux is doing without blinking is not available
    > if you hire a WINDUMMY IT Admin - because that stupid fsck
    > you just newly hired DOESN'T KNOW enough about it!!!!
    >
    > What to do?
    >
    > Well be careful who you hire next time!
    >
    > You demand compiz on all desktops, virtualisation protection
    > of all legacy software, you demand ssh secure communications,
    > you demand wiresharking all the packets, you demand Linux
    > desktop speed, you demand Linux server speeds for all your
    > file access, authentication and rsync - and what do you get
    > if you put a windummy in charge -> SWEET FA NOTHIN!
    >
    > It just ain't right.
    >
    > Sack the WINDUMMY bar stards and bring in
    > the professional Linux IT Admins.

    Er, I suppose so, if the company decided to remove Microsoft from its
    premises, and go with linux. However I would hope that whatever company
    decided to do that would retrain IT staff with the new software.
    However, back in the real world, most big corporations have a mixed bag
    of IT infrastructure. Mostly Microsoft serving file and mail access
    with Unix servers running high end databases. These companies employ
    people based upon the experience they have. Therefore the Windows guys
    look after the windows stuff, and the Unix guys look after the Unix
    stuff, with hardly any crossover. Any linux entering that corporation
    would be given over to the fully paid up professional Unix admin guy,
    due to the similarity between the two operating systems.

+ Reply to Thread