"this little puddle of freedom" - Linux

This is a discussion on "this little puddle of freedom" - Linux ; An interesting, even-handed, and maybe somewhat revealing portrait or Richard M. Stallman: http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/free_as_i...illiams/5.html Also note, at the very end, the use of an application called "SiSU". http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/SiSU/examples.html It looks about as simple as wiki markup (e.g. moinmoin markup), to my ...

  1. "this little puddle of freedom"

    An interesting, even-handed, and maybe somewhat revealing portrait or
    Richard M. Stallman:

    http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/free_as_i...illiams/5.html

    Also note, at the very end, the use of an application called "SiSU".

    http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/SiSU/examples.html

    It looks about as simple as wiki markup (e.g. moinmoin markup), to my
    eyes anyway.

    --
    It's not the fall that kills you, it's the landing.

  2. Re: "this little puddle of freedom"

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:1Jt7k.12369$s77.12207@bignews3.bellsouth.net. ..

    > Also note, at the very end, the use of an application called "SiSU".
    >
    > http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/SiSU/examples.html

    This website is a great example of how *not* to promote an application.
    Good luck finding a comprehensible introduction to how to use "SiSU" to
    generate web pages. One page has a bunch of rendered pages. Another link
    elsewhere has a bunch of undocumented and unorganized source-code.

    SiSU might be a good way to render pages but unless they provide easily
    accessible "examples" of how to use this then SiSU will continue to be
    about as popular as SiSU.