Top 10 Best GTK Applications Not Included in GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. The GIMP - image editor
|
| [...]
|
| 2. XChat - IRC client
|
| [...]
|
| 3. Inkscape - vector graphics editor
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/20...tions-not.html

Free/Open-source File Managers

,----[ Quote ]
| A computer program that provides a user interface to work with file systems
| is called a file manager. It is considered as one of the most important
| software applications since its main function is to speed up interaction with
| files. The most common operations of a file manager are create, open, edit,
| view, print, play, rename, move, copy, delete, attributes, properties,
| search/find, and permissions. Others have special functions such as network
| connectivity and the ability to extend operations utilizing user written
| scripts.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/06/freeo...-managers.html

Recent:

Konqueror 3.5.9 Review - The Great Swiss Knife

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that over the years, Konqueror almost became synonymous with KDE.
| Even though there are alternative web browsers, file managers, good image
| viewers like Gwenview or PDF viewers like KPDF, Konqueror is still one of the
| most popular and most used application on the KDE desktop.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/20...iss-knife.html

Konqueror 4.0 brings some vast improvements.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://pinderkent.blogsavy.com/archives/148