Microsoft-DOJ Joint Status Report June 17, 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| How does that sound to you? Like a plan? Where is the goal post? I mean the
| final one? Of course, if Microsoft (oops!) keeps changing protocols, it will
| take longer even than this generous time frame.
|
| Same old, same old. Move the goal post. Vaporous promises. And that is what I
| fear they will continue to do with OOXML, if it's ever approved, because they
| can. Who will stop them? ISO? They seemed to fall into Stockholm Syndrome
| long ago, the few that were not replaced with Microsoft folks. What is the
| effect of Microsoft changing the protocols in the compliance work?
`----

Remember again that Microsoft is doing its filthy 'inside jobs'. It pretty much
had ISO tossed out and replaced by a puppet regime. Disgusting.

Billy 'Sweater' Gates must be very proud of himself. He phoned presidents, too.

Related:

Martin Bryan: we are getting “standardization by corporation”

,----[ Quote ]
| A November informative report of Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
| WG1 highlights the fallout of the ECMA-376 fast-track process for ISO. He
| says he is 'glad to be retiring before the situation becomes impossible'
|
| [...]
|
| In what is an astonishingly outspoken report, Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC
| JTC1/SC34 WG1 has given us insight into the total mess that Microsoft/ECMA
| have caused during their scandalous, underhand and unremitting attempts to
| get - what is a very poorly written specification {i.e. DIS 29500 aka OOXML,
| AR} - approved as an ISO standard. …
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-30107...by-corporation

Dysfunctional ISO - Courtesy of Microsoft

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/20...microsoft.html

Microsoft accused of stacking ISO committee

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1777