10 000 albums on Jamendo!

,----[ Quote ]
| Jamendo, the free music community, has reached 10000 albums!
| The whole team would like to thank all those who chose Jamendo: artists,
| members and music lovers who have been making this site alive since the
| beginning, and of course all those who joined us along the way.
| 10 000 albums, that’s 10 000 reasons to pursue this adventure, in the name of
| what we all believe in: free music, thanks to Creative Commons licenses.

This is beautiful. People express and show their creativity. They create art to
*gasp* share it with other people.

Liverpool to host _Open Source City micro-festival

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source City tips its hat to Liverpool’s pioneering spirit by offering a
| programme of art, workshops, masterclasses, talks and concerts that shed
| light on the growing impact of Free/Libre Open Source Software on the
| creative practices of today, in particular in media art and music.

The Creative Commons CC0 project

,----[ Quote ]
| CC0[http://creativecommons.org/projects/cczero] is a Creative Commons
| project designed to promote and protect the public domain by 1) enabling
| authors to easily waive their copyrights in particular works and to
| communicate that waiver to others, and 2) providing a means by which
| any person can assert that there are no copyrights in a particular work,
| in a way that allows others to judge the reliability of that assertion.

Creative Commons Artist Spotlight: Convey

,----[ Quote ]
| Every week, we will introduce our readers to emerging musical artists who
| choose to release their work under Creative Commons licenses.

Fedora and Creative Commons Team Up To Deliver LiveContent Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat and Creative Commons have said that Fedora 7 will serve as the
| platform for Creative Commons LiveContent CD, an initiative to showcase free,
| open source software and dynamic, Creative Commons-licensed multimedia
| content.

[Creative Commons in Support of] GPLv3!

,----[ Quote ]
| Note that Creative Commons has always recommended the GPL and other
| free software licenses for software. We look forward to transitioning
| software we create to GPLv3.

Creative Commons Sponsored Software ccHost Release

,----[ Quote ]
| These features most notably show up and are tested in Creative Commons'
| project, ccMixter (www.ccmixter.org), a popular on-line social network
| service that supports legal music sharing and remixing.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)