"things go better with Windows on the EeePC" - Linux

This is a discussion on "things go better with Windows on the EeePC" - Linux ; Asus stab OSS and Linux in the back. Pretty much "Thanks for the free code to get our HW out of the door, now you're dumped and I'm going out with a more attractive version" .... http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ksliding_linux And I quote: ...

  1. "things go better with Windows on the EeePC"

    ,----
    | This raises a rather cynical question. Was Asus simply using GNU/Linux
    | as a lure to get a cheap foothold in the micro market and tempt
    | Microsoft by the stunning sales figures?
    `----

    Roy, time to boycott Asus .....

  2. Re: "things go better with Windows on the EeePC"

    Hadron wrote:
    > Asus stab OSS and Linux in the back.
    >
    > Pretty much "Thanks for the free code to get our HW out of the door,
    > now you're dumped and I'm going out with a more attractive version"

    That's what happens when you release "Free" software that doesn't measure
    up.

    > http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ksliding_linux
    >
    > And I quote:
    >
    > ,----
    >> This raises a rather cynical question. Was Asus simply using
    >> GNU/Linux as a lure to get a cheap foothold in the micro market and
    >> tempt Microsoft by the stunning sales figures?

    > `----

    Linux wacks are so strange and paranoid.

    > Roy, time to boycott Asus .....

    Listen to the shameless Linux luser author lie:

    * "If the responses to reports on Zdnet are to be believed, Asus got a call
    from "a high placed and distinctly unhappy member of the Microsoft family"
    reminding them that "nasty thing happen" to people who don't take their
    "protection"

    * "...Microsoft clamour for a piece of the action and start muscling in with
    bribes, threats and FUD."

    * "Even if Asus start to succumb to the threats or blandishments of
    Microsoft..."

  3. Re: "things go better with Windows on the EeePC"

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:51:50 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Asus stab OSS and Linux in the back.
    >

    > Pretty much "Thanks for the free code to get our HW out of the door, now
    > you're dumped and I'm going out with a more attractive version" ....

    No, "Thanks for the free code to get our HW out of the door, now ere are
    going to add the crappy version that most of the world uses".

    > http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ksliding_linux
    >
    > And I quote:
    >
    > ,----
    > | This raises a rather cynical question. Was Asus simply using GNU/Linux
    > | as a lure to get a cheap foothold in the micro market and tempt |
    > Microsoft by the stunning sales figures? `----

    IS Asus ditching the Linux model?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: "things go better with Windows on the EeePC"

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:39:18 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Asus stab OSS and Linux in the back.
    >>
    >> Pretty much "Thanks for the free code to get our HW out of the door,
    >> now you're dumped and I'm going out with a more attractive version"

    > That's what happens when you release "Free" software that doesn't
    > measure up.

    Asus didn't do that. They offered a product with OSS that flew off the
    shelves.

    >> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ksliding_linux
    >>
    >> And I quote:
    >>
    >> ,----
    >>> This raises a rather cynical question. Was Asus simply using GNU/Linux
    >>> as a lure to get a cheap foothold in the micro market and tempt
    >>> Microsoft by the stunning sales figures?

    >> `----

    > Linux wacks are so strange and paranoid.
    >

    >> Roy, time to boycott Asus .....

    > Listen to the shameless Linux luser author lie:
    >
    > * "If the responses to reports on Zdnet are to be believed, Asus got a
    > call from "a high placed and distinctly unhappy member of the Microsoft
    > family" reminding them that "nasty thing happen" to people who don't
    > take their "protection"

    You may now prove it is a lie.

    > * "...Microsoft clamour for a piece of the action and start muscling in
    > with bribes, threats and FUD."
    >
    > * "Even if Asus start to succumb to the threats or blandishments of
    > Microsoft..."

    Microsoft is widely know for its threats. Go read some court testimony.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: "things go better with Windows on the EeePC"

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:39:18 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Asus stab OSS and Linux in the back.
    >>
    >> Pretty much "Thanks for the free code to get our HW out of the door,
    >> now you're dumped and I'm going out with a more attractive version"

    > That's what happens when you release "Free" software that doesn't
    > measure up.
    >

    >> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ksliding_linux
    >>
    >> And I quote:
    >>
    >> ,----
    >>> This raises a rather cynical question. Was Asus simply using GNU/Linux
    >>> as a lure to get a cheap foothold in the micro market and tempt
    >>> Microsoft by the stunning sales figures?

    >> `----

    > Linux wacks are so strange and paranoid.
    >

    >> Roy, time to boycott Asus .....

    > Listen to the shameless Linux luser author lie:
    >
    > * "If the responses to reports on Zdnet are to be believed, Asus got a
    > call from "a high placed and distinctly unhappy member of the Microsoft
    > family" reminding them that "nasty thing happen" to people who don't
    > take their "protection"
    >
    > * "...Microsoft clamour for a piece of the action and start muscling in
    > with bribes, threats and FUD."
    >
    > * "Even if Asus start to succumb to the threats or blandishments of
    > Microsoft..."

    Shall we look at the conclusion of the article? Yes, why not!

    I started this article wondering and worrying that Asus were back sliding
    on GNU/Linux but I am inclined to conclude on a note of cautious
    optimism. The debut of the ultra portable laptops is what physicists
    would call a phase shift and that shift is changing some of the ground
    rules and, coincidentally, giving hardware vendors—perhaps for the first
    time—the ability to resist the siren lure of Microsoft. What really
    frightens Redmond is the thought and prospect that they can be done
    without after all. Even if Asus start to succumb to the threats or
    blandishments of Microsoft, the truth is that the emergence of the EeePC
    has led to a rash of clones and self-styled “EeePC killers”—and they all
    run GNU/Linux. The genie is truly out of the bottle. Microsoft is just
    trying to put the cork back in. Well, let it. There are too many bottles
    out there and they don’t have enough corks. Cheers and bottoms up!

    It's all about choice, why does that frighten you?

  6. Re: "things go from bad to worse with Windows asstroturfing"

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstrotufer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    Micoshaft Croproation:

    > That's what happens when you release "Free" software that doesn't measure
    > up.

    Liar!

    You are out of date.
    All the Linux EEEs were sold out.
    Up until a month back, because of huge demand
    Linux EEEs were on limited supply.

    The WINDUMMY version came out a month ago - but no one is buying them.
    The costs are higher and performance lower and the public
    are not fooled and they are sitting on the shelves.

    Any way, even Google has earnings
    of the same magnitude as Micoshaft now
    and therefore micoshaft asstroturfers and their opinions are
    not that important any more.

    Enjoy!

  7. Re: "things go from bad to worse with Windows asstroturfing"

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:21:23 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft fraudster and asstrotufer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    > Micoshaft Croproation:
    >

    >> That's what happens when you release "Free" software that doesn't measure
    >> up.

    > Liar!
    >

    > You are out of date.
    > All the Linux EEEs were sold out.
    > Up until a month back, because of huge demand
    > Linux EEEs were on limited supply.

    That's because the HARDWARE was a great thing.

    The numerous websites advising how to dump Linux and install Windows
    appeared as soon as the gadget was released.

    Why?

    Asus figured that out real fast and released the Windows version.

    > The WINDUMMY version came out a month ago - but no one is buying them.
    > The costs are higher and performance lower and the public
    > are not fooled and they are sitting on the shelves.

    Let's see some proof of this...........

    > Any way, even Google has earnings
    > of the same magnitude as Micoshaft now
    > and therefore micoshaft asstroturfers and their opinions are
    > not that important any more.

    Yawwn....

    You are all talk and no action mjcr....

    > Enjoy!

    I always do.
    You are quite entertaining.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: "things go better with Windows on the EeePC"

    On 2008-06-21, SomeBloke wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:39:18 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    > Shall we look at the conclusion of the article? Yes, why not!
    >

    > I started this article wondering and worrying that Asus were back sliding
    > on GNU/Linux but I am inclined to conclude on a note of cautious
    > optimism. The debut of the ultra portable laptops is what physicists
    > would call a phase shift and that shift is changing some of the ground
    > rules and, coincidentally, giving hardware vendors—perhaps for the first
    > time—the ability to resist the siren lure of Microsoft. What really
    > frightens Redmond is the thought and prospect that they can be done
    > without after all. Even if Asus start to succumb to the threats or
    > blandishments of Microsoft, the truth is that the emergence of the EeePC
    > has led to a rash of clones and self-styled “EeePC killers”—and they all
    > run GNU/Linux. The genie is truly out of the bottle. Microsoft is just
    > trying to put the cork back in. Well, let it. There are too many bottles
    > out there and they don’t have enough corks. Cheers and bottoms up!
    >

    > It's all about choice, why does that frighten you?

    Come on, it's the insane Quark troll and DFS... choice terrifies them.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power