Red Hat's MRG makes advances in real-time computing

,----[ Quote ]
| On Thursday, Raleigh, N.C.-based Red Hat Inc. released its Red Hat Enterprise
| MRG platform, three separate subscriptions that collectively add advanced
| messaging, real-time computing and grid computing to Red Hat Enterprise
| Linux 5, or RHEL 5.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtar...318253,00.html

Also from the summit:

BakBone Releases Data Protection Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| BakBone is also offering Red Hat customers NetVault Backup SMB Edition and
| Enterprise Edition.
`----

http://www.inc.com/news/articles/2008/06/20bak.html

Recent:

Finally, Secure Real-Time on the Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, secure real-time scheduling on the Linux desktop can be become a
| reality. Linux 2.6.25 gained Real-Time Group Scheduling, a feature which
| allows to limit the amount of CPU time real-time processes and threads may
| consume. *
`----

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/cgr...d-rtwatch.html

Related:

"Real-time" Linux supports popular PowerPC SoC

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista has ported its newest "real-time" capable embedded Linux operating
| system to a PowerPC SoC (system-on-chip) targeting secure networking and *
| pervasive computing applications. MontaVista's Linux Professional Edition 5.0
| is claimed to offer the "first real-time Linux" for AMCC's 440EPx SoC. *
`----

MontaVista to Provide Real-Time Linux on AMCC Power Architecture CPUs

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista Software has said that the company is partnering with chip maker
| AMCC to provide design teams and developers planning projects on Power
| Architecture platforms *
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/e...hitecture-cpus

Concurrent Introduces Real-Time Linux Solution for Mission-Critical VME
Applications

,----[ Quoet ]
| At the heart of each iHawk solution is Concurrent's RedHawk Linux
| real-time operating system. Compatible with the popular Red Hat
| Linux distribution, RedHawk features high I/O throughput, fast
| response to external events and optimized interprocess communication.
| RedHawk is the ideal Linux environment for complex real-time
| applications.
`----

http://www.vmecritical.com/news/db/?5225

Paper compares real-time Linux, traditional RTOS

,----[ Quote ]
`----