    Word Processor, Firefox (even with Zotero), Pan, PostgreSQL.

    Hope this info helps and the bug gets fixed. Except for this, Hardy is
    great!"

    #149 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    When Vista has much less impactful problems, Linux hypocrite weasels shout
    and hiss and call it names.

    Linux: the only OS that requires welfare

  2. Re: Linux: except for total mouse and keyboard freezes, it's great

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 02:13:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Same problem here, total lock up of mouse (USB) and keyboard (PS/2 port).
    > Gutsy ran fine but Hardy (with all newest updates) freezes occasionally,
    > twice this morning. My system is Asus P4S8X mobo, 1 Gig ram, hard disk on
    > SCSI, GeForce 5200 video, attached to Belkin 54g router. The freezes
    > happened 1) with evolution when I was viewing an e-mail with multiple images
    > and went to delete it and 2) with text editor when I was rapidly opening and
    > closing documents. Several other applications have run without a hitch -
    > Word Processor, Firefox (even with Zotero), Pan, PostgreSQL.
    >
    > Hope this info helps and the bug gets fixed. Except for this, Hardy is
    > great!"
    >
    > #149 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15
    >

    > When Vista has much less impactful problems, Linux hypocrite weasels shout
    > and hiss and call it names.
    >
    > Linux: the only OS that requires welfare

    Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

    Although losing all your work isn't very appealing either. You can also
    use magic keys or switch back to CLI mode.

+ Reply to Thread