Linux: 8 reboots to get to a working system. - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: 8 reboots to get to a working system. - Linux ; "...I had to reboot my 8.04 box 7 times before I could get a working desktop. 1)Sometimes I got just a mouse pointer on a blank brown desktop. 2)Sometimes hung playing back the successful login music ta-da-ta- da-da-da-da-da-da-da... same note ...

  1. Linux: 8 reboots to get to a working system.

    "...I had to reboot my 8.04 box 7 times before I could get a working
    desktop.

    1)Sometimes I got just a mouse pointer on a blank brown desktop.

    2)Sometimes hung playing back the successful login
    music ta-da-ta- da-da-da-da-da-da-da... same note over and over.

    3)Sometimes the desktop, top and bottom tool bars would appear, then
    disappear, then reappear....

    4)Switching to console #1 I saw a screen full of saw stuff like;

    [237.618943] [ ..
    ..
    ..
    CODE 24 14 9C 58 0F 1F....
    ..
    ..
    ..
    [237.624198] ___[end trace 080e2d8bab609cba]...

    Thinking about giving up on Ubuntu!
    Previous version of Ubuntu ran without problems on this same computer. Will
    7.04 be supported until 8.04 is stable?

    PS: On the 8th boot I finally got Ubuntu 8.04 to run and am posting this
    from it."

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=13

  2. Re: Linux: 8 reboots to get to a working system.

    * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "...I had to reboot my 8.04 box 7 times before I could get a working
    > desktop.

    Idiot. Buh-bye, DFS, ya big putz.

    Stick to Visual Basic.

    --
    Personal computing today is a rich ecosystem encompassing massive PC-based data
    centers, notebook and Tablet PCs, handheld devices, and smart cell phones. It

  3. Re: WINDUMMY OSen: 869 reboots to get to a non-workable system.

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    > ".

    I think buddy DFS, you are doing a great job of bad job of advocating
    WINDUMMY OSen on behalf of big corporations from USA.

    I'm sure you are thinking to yourself where did it all go wrong for you
    to become an asstroturfing slave to a big corporation.

    Was it free laptop handouts or just handouts from Micoshaft
    corporation that turned you into a worm?

    Doesn't matter. You are WINDUMMY now and among asstroturfers.

    I find most reboots in the office are to do with WINDUMMY OSen.
    May be you should meditate on that.

  4. Re: Linux: 8 reboots to get to a working system.

    'May 26, 2008 ... WINDUMMY OSen is now unrepairable. More viruses,
    trojans, spyware, botnetware and malware are released per day than all
    the Micoshaft...'

    http://fixunix.com/linux/418860-news...l-trading.html

    On Jun 20, 9:32*pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > "...I had to reboot my 8.04 box 7 times before I could get a working
    > desktop.
    >
    > 1)Sometimes I got just a mouse pointer on a blank brown desktop.
    >
    > 2)Sometimes hung playing back the successful login
    > music ta-da-ta- da-da-da-da-da-da-da... same note over and over.
    >
    > 3)Sometimes the desktop, top and bottom tool bars would appear, then
    > disappear, then reappear....
    >
    > 4)Switching to console #1 I saw a screen full of saw stuff like;
    >
    > [237.618943] [ > .
    > .
    > .
    > CODE 24 14 9C 58 0F 1F....
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > [237.624198] ___[end trace 080e2d8bab609cba]...
    >
    > Thinking about giving up on Ubuntu!
    > Previous version of Ubuntu ran without problems on this same computer. Will
    > 7.04 be supported until 8.04 is stable?
    >
    > PS: On the 8th boot I finally got Ubuntu 8.04 to run and am posting this
    > from it."
    >
    > #124http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=13

  5. Re: WINDUMMY OSen: 869 reboots to get to a non-workable system.

    WINDUMMY BY DAY, AND LINDUMDUM BY NIGHT, 7 spewed:
    > Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    > Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> ".

    > I think buddy DFS, you are doing a great job of bad job of advocating
    > WINDUMMY OSen on behalf of big corporations from USA.
    >
    > I'm sure you are thinking to yourself where did it all go wrong for you
    > to become an asstroturfing slave to a big corporation.
    >
    > Was it free laptop handouts or just handouts from Micoshaft
    > corporation that turned you into a worm?
    >
    > Doesn't matter. You are WINDUMMY now and among asstroturfers.
    >
    > I find most reboots in the office are to do with WINDUMMY OSen.
    > May be you should meditate on that.

    You should learn to stop shooting the messenger.

  6. Re: WINDUMMY OSen: 869 reboots to get to a non-workable system.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:01:43 +0100, Farmer Giles wrote:
    >WINDUMMY BY DAY, AND LINDUMDUM BY NIGHT, 7 spewed:
    >> Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    >> Micoshaft Corporation:
    >>
    >>> ".

    >> I think buddy DFS, you are doing a great job of bad job of advocating
    >> WINDUMMY OSen on behalf of big corporations from USA.
    >>
    >> I'm sure you are thinking to yourself where did it all go wrong for you
    >> to become an asstroturfing slave to a big corporation.
    >>
    >> Was it free laptop handouts or just handouts from Micoshaft
    >> corporation that turned you into a worm?
    >>
    >> Doesn't matter. You are WINDUMMY now and among asstroturfers.
    >>
    >> I find most reboots in the office are to do with WINDUMMY OSen.
    >> May be you should meditate on that.
    >>

    >You should learn to stop shooting the messenger.

    We're talking about dumb****. When he comes out with an announcement like
    "I opened the front door to my house and I exploded; all purple houses
    are garbage. Get a microsoft gray house instead", he can be automatically
    discounted. His findings about linux are universally rubish and I'd sooner
    believe the story I made up above than his typical microsoft propaganda.

  7. Re: WINDUMMY OSen: 869 reboots to get to a non-workable system.

    Micoshaft fraudster Farmer Giles asstroturfing illegally from EU wrote:

    > You should learn to stop shooting the messenger.

    Its OK to shoot messenger if its asstroturfers posting
    commercial posts for financial/commercial gains.

    Legally, their posts have the same rights as commercial adverting.
    It must be legal, honest, truthful and not knock the competition.
    None of which apply to asstroturfers.

    Mainly because of Micoshaft Corporation and its paid asstroturfers
    that are encouraged to hide their on-line identities for fear
    of prosecution.

  8. Re: Linux: 8 reboots to get to a working system

    AZ Nomad wrote:

    > We're talking about dumb****. When he comes out with an announcement
    > like "I opened the front door to my house and I exploded; all purple
    > houses
    > are garbage. Get a microsoft gray house instead", he can be
    > automatically discounted.

    I don't blame you for being pissed, Nonads. Linux does kind of suck balls
    (not altogether, just ... frequently)

    > His findings about linux are universally
    > rubish and I'd sooner believe the story I made up above than his
    > typical microsoft propaganda.

    MS was nowhere to be found, luser. It was pure Linux sludgeware causing the
    user no end of hassles.

    8 reboots? What a fscking fiasco.

+ Reply to Thread