IBM says: Are you F'n crazy - No way we'll open source DB2 - Linux

This is a discussion on IBM says: Are you F'n crazy - No way we'll open source DB2 - Linux ; In an e-mail sent on Monday, an IBM spokeswoman wrote flatly: "IBM has no plans to open source DB2." http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...foworld/103884 Why should IBM give something away for free if they can make $$$$$ selling it? They didn't become IBM by ...

  1. IBM says: Are you F'n crazy - No way we'll open source DB2

    In an e-mail sent on Monday, an IBM spokeswoman wrote flatly: "IBM has no
    plans to open source DB2."

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...foworld/103884

    Why should IBM give something away for free if they can make $$$$$ selling
    it? They didn't become IBM by being stupid.

  2. Re: IBM says: Are you F'n crazy - No way we'll open source DB2

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:43:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > In an e-mail sent on Monday, an IBM spokeswoman wrote flatly: "IBM has
    > no plans to open source DB2."
    >

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...foworld/103884
    >

    > Why should IBM give something away for free if they can make $$$$$
    > selling it? They didn't become IBM by being stupid.

    Funny, I didn't see the F word anywhere in the article.

+ Reply to Thread