[News] 200 New Centres in India Teach Free Software Skills - Linux

  1. [News] 200 New Centres in India Teach Free Software Skills

    Nace to open 200 centres

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "The primary advantages of embracing open source lie in cost factor and
    | security. This explains the migration from proprietary technologies to open
    | source. About 80 per cent of enterprises worldwide are expected to switch
    | over to open source technologies by 2010," Gopal said.
    `----

    http://www.business-standard.com/com...Left=0&chkFlg=
    http://tinyurl.com/6bkf6z

    Recent:

    Microsoft bails out its Indian managing director

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Neelam Dhawan, Managing Director of Microsoft India, will leave the company
    | as of 30 June. Some media sources cite the Indian ooxml debacle as a reason.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In relation to the failure of Microsoft India to get a positive vote outcome
    | Neelam Dhawan's bail out casts a negative light on the company. If standard
    | setting gets performance based and a standard is not let through due to its
    | technical merits but the fear of managing staff to lose its position it comes
    | at no surprise that the management will fight with all means for the adoption
    | of suboptimal solutions. Microsoft India even filed a complaint against the
    | standard body No vote that caused the outrage.
    `----

    http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-65836...aging-director

    Microsoft India MD joins HP

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In a major setback to IT giant Microsoft, its India Managing Director(MD)
    | Neelam Dhawan has decided to call it quits and will join Hewlett-Packard
    | (HP).
    `----

    http://infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3108755.cms

    What's up with Microsoft India?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The CVP, MD and all her direct reports made this company a miserable place to
    | work for! They created a feudal fiefdom for themselves.
    `----

    http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/05...oft-india.html

    Wipro Microsoft alliance is a shame for all Indians – alliance or slavery?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The alliance uses Microsoft technologies instead of challenging Gates in his
    | own game. Wipro is just a servant of Microsoft facilitating Indian cyber
    | slavery under the American corporate banners.
    `----

    http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/19365.asp

    Microsoft influencing partner NGOs to support OOXML in India

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft is encouraging its business partners to promote its Office Open XML
    | specification (OOXML) to the Indian Bureau of Standards (BIS) and Ministry of
    | IT. This move has incensed supporters of the rival OpenDocument Format (ODF)
    | who fear that the "soft" Indian state may not be able to stand up to
    | Microsoft pressure tactics.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/128528

    Finally, My open letter on OOXML happenings in India

    ,----[ Quote ]
> [...]
    | maligned and tarnished by Microsoft. My second anguish is that Microsoft
    | persisted in its attempt to pressurize Indian leadership to change the Indian
    | stand, in spite of the fact that a due process established by the Government
    | had completed its job, recommending no change in the Indian vote. These two
    | things, amongst others, have caused me to lose my peace of mind and my sleep
    | over last two months. I share my thoughts (which sometimes have been rather
    | wild), and my anguish in this section.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | To illustrate how someone could react to this mudslinging by Microsoft, I
    | have written a hypothetical complaint titled ‘Microsoft is looting the nation
    | in alliance with Indian IT giants'. While constructing this hypothetical
    | complaint, I have used what I call the ‘Microsoft patented mud-slinging
    | algorithm’. I have included it as a stand alone appendix (Annexure A) to this
    | letter. The purpose is to demonstrate that such complaints and counter
    | complaints would lead all of us to disaster. This hypothetical counter
    | complaint shows Microsoft as working at national and International forums to
    | maintain and enhance its monopoly in global markets, and as attempting to
    | ensure its monopoly strangle-hold on Indian desktop Market. It also paints
    | INFOSYS, TCS, WIPRO and NASSCOM as willfully helping Microsoft in this evil
    | design, and thus acting grossly against Indian National interests. The last
    | one has hit me very hard emotionally, even though the construction was done
    | by myself and it is purely hypothetical. The significant contributions made
    | by these organizations to the Indian IT story are well known. The past and
    | present leaders of these organizations are icons of modern India. I have the
    | privilege of knowing them closely and being counted amongst their friends. I
    | am sure that a large number of my countrymen will react very strongly if
    | anyone was to really engage in such slander against them. I will be one
    | personally eager to counter any such foolish attempts to malign these great
    | names. These people and their Institutions are and must be treated with
    | genuine respect.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | If no citation from the new standard (as on 20th March 2008) is available
    | from these members, should the nation now conclude that these 4 organizations
    | deliberately acted against Indian national interests? If there is any
    | evidence of support now found to have been given by any one of these 4
    | organizations to the efforts of Microsoft to pressurize the Indian Government
    | to change our vote, should the nation now conclude that there indeed is
    | a ‘secret alliance with Microsoft to loot the country’?
    |
    | Hard questions friends, with no easy answers.
    |
    | In conclusion, I will reiterate that my anguish, caused by Microsoft by
    | slandering Individuals and organizations represented on committee LITD 15 of
    `----

    http://deepakphatak.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-is.html

  2. Re: [News] 200 New Centres in India Teach Free Software Skills

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Nace to open 200 centres
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | "The primary advantages of embracing open source lie in cost factor and
    > | security. This explains the migration from proprietary technologies to
    > open
    > | source. About 80 per cent of enterprises worldwide are expected to
    > switch
    > | over to open source technologies by 2010," Gopal said.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.business-standard.com/com...Left=0&chkFlg=
    > http://tinyurl.com/6bkf6z
    >

    > Recent:
    >
    > Microsoft

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks