How a game is made. - Linux

This is a discussion on How a game is made. - Linux ; On 2008-06-19, The Ghost In The Machine wrote: > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH > > wrote > on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:36:28 -0500 > : >> On 2008-06-19, chrisv wrote: >>> JEDIDIAH wrote: >>> >>>> Hadron wrote: >>>>> JEDIDIAH writes: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

  1. Re: How a game is made.

    On 2008-06-19, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH
    >
    > wrote
    > on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:36:28 -0500
    >:

    >>> As usual, the "true Linux advocate" Quack makes a jackass of himself,
    >>> just so he could fling some snot at one of his superiors.
    >>>
    >>> Even if your PC does have "TV" outputs, doesn't mean that there's a TV
    >>> within practical reach of the PC/keyboard/mouse.

    >> ...there's that too.
    >>
    >> PC's are obviously not designed with TV's in mind. They never have been.
    >>
    >> They're ultimately terminals for minicomputers and mainframes.
    >>

    > Not anymore they're not. ;-) The humble PC (4.77 MHz, 8
    > bit buss, 63 watts) has mutated into a veritable bunch of
    > models, of varying capabilities, from the ultra-cheapies
    > to power-hungry monsters perfectly capable of displaying
    > HDTV output, with the right software.

    While it's true that there are HTPC's these tend to be setup
    to be much more like Tivos than a normal PC. Once you get away
    from the classic minicomputer terminal mindset you quickly get
    into appliances like the Xbox.

    > Bear also in mind it's not the PC generating the TV
    > output; it's the graphics chip/card, which have mutated
    > far beyond *their* humble beginnings (320 x 400 x 4 or
    > 640 x 400 "monochrome") as well, sporting such things as
    > 3D capabilities (OpenGL or DirectX10, depending on OS)
    > and high resolutions.

    Yeah, and they are still generally setup to be used like terminals.

    I could see something that merges the video/computing power of a PS3
    with a wii-mote being very very interesting.

    --

    It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

    They brought us the email virus.

    In my Atari days, such a notion would have |||
    been considered a complete absurdity. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Re: How a game is made.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH

    wrote
    on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:12:00 -0500
    :
    > On 2008-06-19, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:36:28 -0500
    >>:

    >>> ...there's that too.
    >>>
    >>> PC's are obviously not designed with TV's in mind. They never have been.
    >>>
    >>> They're ultimately terminals for minicomputers and mainframes.
    >>>

    >> Not anymore they're not. ;-) The humble PC (4.77 MHz, 8
    >> bit buss, 63 watts) has mutated into a veritable bunch of
    >> models, of varying capabilities, from the ultra-cheapies
    >> to power-hungry monsters perfectly capable of displaying
    >> HDTV output, with the right software.

    > While it's true that there are HTPC's these tend to be setup
    > to be much more like Tivos than a normal PC. Once you get away
    > from the classic minicomputer terminal mindset you quickly get
    > into appliances like the Xbox.

    True, though I'm not that familiar with modern game consoles.
    Of course, many people probably treat their PC as such, if
    they're not treating it as a toaster -- "press a button and
    magic happens!".

    >> Bear also in mind it's not the PC generating the TV
    >> output; it's the graphics chip/card, which have mutated
    >> far beyond *their* humble beginnings (320 x 400 x 4 or
    >> 640 x 400 "monochrome") as well, sporting such things as
    >> 3D capabilities (OpenGL or DirectX10, depending on OS)
    >> and high resolutions.

    > Yeah, and they are still generally setup to be used like terminals.
    >
    > I could see something that merges the video/computing power of a PS3
    > with a wii-mote being very very interesting.

    I wonder if a Wii could run Linux... ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: No such file or directory

  3. Re: How a game is made.

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-06-19, chrisv wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >>>...looks at PC.
    >>>
    >>>NOPE, no TV output.
    >>>
    >>>With a Windows PC there's all sorts of BS involved with outputing to a
    >>>TV. You have to seriously wonder if you will get the most out of the
    >>>experience or if Microsoft will cripple itself in order to satisfy it's
    >>>media overlords in Hollywood.

    >> As usual, the "true Linux advocate" Quack makes a jackass of himself,
    >> just so he could fling some snot at one of his superiors.
    >>
    >> Even if your PC does have "TV" outputs, doesn't mean that there's a TV
    >> within practical reach of the PC/keyboard/mouse.

    > ...there's that too.
    >
    > PC's are obviously not designed with TV's in mind. They never have been.
    >
    > They're ultimately terminals for minicomputers and mainframes.

    Do you guys have any idea how stupid you are?

    I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    If you guys had ANY idea about what the leading edge was about you would
    probably need a plaster.

  4. Re: How a game is made.

    On 2008-06-20, Hadron wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> As usual, the "true Linux advocate" Quack makes a jackass of himself,
    >>> just so he could fling some snot at one of his superiors.
    >>>
    >>> Even if your PC does have "TV" outputs, doesn't mean that there's a TV
    >>> within practical reach of the PC/keyboard/mouse.

    >> ...there's that too.
    >>
    >> PC's are obviously not designed with TV's in mind. They never have been.
    >>
    >> They're ultimately terminals for minicomputers and mainframes.

    > Do you guys have any idea how stupid you are?

    ....yes we're "stupid" because we don't generalize freaks.

    > I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    > the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    This is senseless babble.

    All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    can handle it).

    > If you guys had ANY idea about what the leading edge was about you would
    > probably need a plaster.

    Well, the "leading edge" by definition is largely irrelevant. That's
    why it's the "leading edge" rather than ubiquitous.

    ....also, I noted how Windows would give you trouble with HDTV given that
    they have sold their soul to Hollywood. Debian doesn't have that problem.
    This is a key area where Linux could easily be less of a pain to deal with.

    Debian is not going to try and second guess me if I try to feed a bluray
    profile video to a monitor that can handle it. There isn't even the
    likelihood of the possibility of the spectre of a rumour of it happening.

    Now when Debian comes to rule the world and Windows has .63% marketshare
    you might have a good rebuttal of my comments.

    --

    It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

    They brought us the email virus.

    In my Atari days, such a notion would have |||
    been considered a complete absurdity. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  5. Re: How a game is made.

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-06-20, Hadron wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> ...there's that too.
    >>>
    >>> PC's are obviously not designed with TV's in mind. They never have been.
    >>>
    >>> They're ultimately terminals for minicomputers and mainframes.

    >> Do you guys have any idea how stupid you are?

    > ...yes we're "stupid" because we don't generalize freaks.

    No you're stupid because you are preaching about something you know
    nothing about.

    >> I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    >> the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    > This is senseless babble.
    >
    > All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    > the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    > can handle it).

    LCD TV. Big Screen. You know - what we were talking about? There are
    many advantages to the NVidia driver and one MUST compile it oneself in
    Debian. And it is not trivial. One has to pin back the compiler to the
    compiler version used in the kernel.

    >> If you guys had ANY idea about what the leading edge was about you would
    >> probably need a plaster.

    > Well, the "leading edge" by definition is largely irrelevant. That's
    > why it's the "leading edge" rather than ubiquitous.
    >
    > ...also, I noted how Windows would give you trouble with HDTV given that
    > they have sold their soul to Hollywood. Debian doesn't have that problem.
    > This is a key area where Linux could easily be less of a pain to deal
    > with.

    We were not discussing Windows. We were discussing how clueless you are
    about games and big screens and video out.

    > Debian is not going to try and second guess me if I try to feed a bluray
    > profile video to a monitor that can handle it. There isn't even the
    > likelihood of the possibility of the spectre of a rumour of it
    > happening.

    What the hell are you talking about? Oh yes. Jeb. The man who thinks
    modern games are created by 2 or 4 people.

    > Now when Debian comes to rule the world and Windows has .63% marketshare
    > you might have a good rebuttal of my comments.

    I dont have an rebuttal because I have no clue what you are waffling on
    about. I am talking about TV Out on good video cards being supported in
    Linux/Windows and how modern Windows games can run at MUCH higher
    resolutions on big screens than anything the PS3 or the XBox 360 can
    throw out. You really, really do not have a clue so stop pretending you
    do.

    --
    "**** you, you lying bitch. "
    -- Rick in alt.true-crime, comp.os.linux.advocacy

  6. Re: How a game is made.

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    >> the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    >This is senseless babble.
    >
    >All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    >the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    >can handle it).
    >>
    >> If you guys had ANY idea about what the leading edge was about you would
    >> probably need a plaster.

    >Well, the "leading edge" by definition is largely irrelevant. That's
    >why it's the "leading edge" rather than ubiquitous.

    The Quack fsckwit doesn't know when to stop digging his hole.

    "What is possible" is not the issue, for most users. The fact is that
    the vast majority of PC gamers use a monitor, not a TV. And for good
    reasons, even if one of those reasons is only "lazyness".

    Quack calling "rubbish" your comment about moving from TV's to "tiny
    monitors" is simply him being an asshole. As usual.

  7. Re: How a game is made.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:20:46 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-06-20, Hadron wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> ...there's that too.
    >>>
    >>> PC's are obviously not designed with TV's in mind. They never have been.
    >>>
    >>> They're ultimately terminals for minicomputers and mainframes.

    >> Do you guys have any idea how stupid you are?

    > ...yes we're "stupid" because we don't generalize freaks.
    >

    >> I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    >> the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    > This is senseless babble.
    >
    > All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    > the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    > can handle it).

    Yeah! Just open xorg.conf, set the HorizSync & VertRefresh parameters
    under [Section "Monitor"], save, log out, restart X-server & log back in.

    WTF is difficult about that...Oh, wait a minute, you're discussing Quack.

    >> If you guys had ANY idea about what the leading edge was about you would
    >> probably need a plaster.

    > Well, the "leading edge" by definition is largely irrelevant. That's
    > why it's the "leading edge" rather than ubiquitous.

    JHC, Quack must "think" he's the only one that's used a "leading edge"
    distro. What a tosser.

    > ...also, I noted how Windows would give you trouble with HDTV given that
    > they have sold their soul to Hollywood. Debian doesn't have that problem.
    > This is a key area where Linux could easily be less of a pain to deal with.
    >
    > Debian is not going to try and second guess me if I try to feed a bluray
    > profile video to a monitor that can handle it. There isn't even the
    > likelihood of the possibility of the spectre of a rumour of it happening.
    >
    > Now when Debian comes to rule the world and Windows has .63% marketshare
    > you might have a good rebuttal of my comments.

    --
    Using anonymous remailers suggests that the poster
    is merely a troll, & not prepared to stand by what

  8. Re: How a game is made.

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:20:46 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >>> Do you guys have any idea how stupid you are?

    >> ...yes we're "stupid" because we don't generalize freaks.
    >>

    >>> I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    >>> the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    >> This is senseless babble.
    >>
    >> All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    >> the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    >> can handle it).

    > Yeah! Just open xorg.conf, set the HorizSync & VertRefresh parameters
    > under [Section "Monitor"], save, log out, restart X-server & log back in.
    >
    > WTF is difficult about that...Oh, wait a minute, you're discussing
    > Quack.

    You guys are nuts. I am talking about TV Out. Dual screens.

    It's like talking to Dumb and Dumber.

  9. Re: How a game is made.

    chrisv writes:

    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    >>> the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    >>This is senseless babble.
    >>
    >>All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    >>the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    >>can handle it).
    >>>
    >>> If you guys had ANY idea about what the leading edge was about you would
    >>> probably need a plaster.

    >>Well, the "leading edge" by definition is largely irrelevant. That's
    >>why it's the "leading edge" rather than ubiquitous.

    > The Quack fsckwit doesn't know when to stop digging his hole.
    >
    > "What is possible" is not the issue, for most users. The fact is that
    > the vast majority of PC gamers use a monitor, not a TV. And for good
    > reasons, even if one of those reasons is only "lazyness".
    >
    > Quack calling "rubbish" your comment about moving from TV's to "tiny
    > monitors" is simply him being an asshole. As usual.

    Again you seem unable to follow a thread. Many people, myself included,
    use TV out to play on large lcd/plasma televisions. And the crux of the
    matter was that I was pointing out that most modern games on the PC play
    at much higher resolutions and definitions than any console games.

    But as usual Linux "advocates" here in COLA know nothing about modern
    gaming.

    --
    "I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  10. Re: How a game is made.

    William Poaster wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:20:46 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    >>> the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    >> This is senseless babble.
    >>
    >> All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    >> the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    >> can handle it).

    >Yeah! Just open xorg.conf, set the HorizSync & VertRefresh parameters
    >under [Section "Monitor"], save, log out, restart X-server & log back in.
    >
    >WTF is difficult about that...Oh, wait a minute, you're discussing Quack.

    Wait a minute! That requires that you use the big ugly thing with all
    the letters on it! Don't you know that the prospect of doing that
    strikes fear into a Wintrolls heart?

    Not sure how they write usenet messages and emails...

  11. Re: How a game is made.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:56:20 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> Do you guys have any idea how stupid you are?

    >> ...yes we're "stupid" because we don't generalize freaks.

    > No you're stupid because you are preaching about something you know
    > nothing about.
    >

    >>> I have my Debian system hooked up to my lcd. Its *WHY* I need to compile
    >>> the Nvidia driver to match the kernel compiler version.

    >> This is senseless babble.
    >>
    >> All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    >> the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    >> can handle it).

    > LCD TV. Big Screen. You know - what we were talking about? There are
    > many advantages to the NVidia driver and one MUST compile it oneself in
    > Debian. And it is not trivial. One has to pin back the compiler to the
    > compiler version used in the kernel.
    >

    >>> If you guys had ANY idea about what the leading edge was about you would
    >>> probably need a plaster.

    >> Well, the "leading edge" by definition is largely irrelevant. That's
    >> why it's the "leading edge" rather than ubiquitous.
    >>
    >> ...also, I noted how Windows would give you trouble with HDTV given that
    >> they have sold their soul to Hollywood. Debian doesn't have that problem.
    >> This is a key area where Linux could easily be less of a pain to deal
    >> with.

    > We were not discussing Windows. We were discussing how clueless you are
    > about games and big screens and video out.
    >

    >> Debian is not going to try and second guess me if I try to feed a bluray
    >> profile video to a monitor that can handle it. There isn't even the
    >> likelihood of the possibility of the spectre of a rumour of it
    >> happening.

    > What the hell are you talking about? Oh yes. Jeb. The man who thinks
    > modern games are created by 2 or 4 people.
    >

    >> Now when Debian comes to rule the world and Windows has .63% marketshare
    >> you might have a good rebuttal of my comments.

    > I dont have an rebuttal because I have no clue what you are waffling on
    > about. I am talking about TV Out on good video cards being supported in
    > Linux/Windows and how modern Windows games can run at MUCH higher
    > resolutions on big screens than anything the PS3 or the XBox 360 can
    > throw out. You really, really do not have a clue so stop pretending you
    > do.

    Slam dunk....

    Jeddiah will just come back with more of his semantic word babble.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  12. Re: How a game is made.

    On 2008-06-20, Hadron wrote:
    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> ...yes we're "stupid" because we don't generalize freaks.

    >>> This is senseless babble.
    >>>
    >>> All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    >>> the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    >>> can handle it).

    >> Yeah! Just open xorg.conf, set the HorizSync & VertRefresh parameters
    >> under [Section "Monitor"], save, log out, restart X-server & log back in.
    >>
    >> WTF is difficult about that...Oh, wait a minute, you're discussing
    >> Quack.

    > You guys are nuts. I am talking about TV Out. Dual screens.
    >
    > It's like talking to Dumb and Dumber.

    You don't have any real clue what we're talking about because
    you don't seem to have any real clue what sort of constraints that
    a TV set adds to the situation.

    --
    Oracle... can't live with it... |||
    / | \

  13. Re: How a game is made.

    On 2008-06-20, chrisv wrote:
    > William Poaster wrote:

    >>> This is senseless babble.
    >>>
    >>> All you need to drive any monitor with Linux is to just feed it
    >>> the right referesh rate parameters (assuming your video card
    >>> can handle it).

    >>Yeah! Just open xorg.conf, set the HorizSync & VertRefresh parameters
    >>under [Section "Monitor"], save, log out, restart X-server & log back in.
    >>
    >>WTF is difficult about that...Oh, wait a minute, you're discussing Quack.

    > Wait a minute! That requires that you use the big ugly thing with all
    > the letters on it! Don't you know that the prospect of doing that
    > strikes fear into a Wintrolls heart?
    >
    > Not sure how they write usenet messages and emails...

    Fear not... Xorg can autotect what it needs.

    --
    Oracle... can't live with it... |||
    / | \

  14. Re: How a game is made.

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-06-20, Hadron wrote:
    >> William Poaster writes:

    >>> Yeah! Just open xorg.conf, set the HorizSync & VertRefresh parameters
    >>> under [Section "Monitor"], save, log out, restart X-server & log back in.
    >>>
    >>> WTF is difficult about that...Oh, wait a minute, you're discussing
    >>> Quack.

    >> You guys are nuts. I am talking about TV Out. Dual screens.
    >>
    >> It's like talking to Dumb and Dumber.

    > You don't have any real clue what we're talking about because
    > you don't seem to have any real clue what sort of constraints that
    > a TV set adds to the situation.

    YOu are talking absolute nonsense as usual. You are trying to deflect
    the thread. You made the silly claims. I put you right. And its as clear
    as day that you know nothing about running dual screens with one being a
    TV.

    --
    "Off the top of my head, I can't tell you which sites. They are ones that
    throw up some kind of dialog, I change the user agent and look at them

  15. Re: How a game is made.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH

    wrote
    on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:32:10 -0500
    :
    > On 2008-06-20, Hadron wrote:
    >> William Poaster writes:

    >>> Yeah! Just open xorg.conf, set the HorizSync & VertRefresh parameters
    >>> under [Section "Monitor"], save, log out, restart X-server & log back in.
    >>>
    >>> WTF is difficult about that...Oh, wait a minute, you're discussing
    >>> Quack.

    >> You guys are nuts. I am talking about TV Out. Dual screens.
    >>
    >> It's like talking to Dumb and Dumber.

    > You don't have any real clue what we're talking about because
    > you don't seem to have any real clue what sort of constraints that
    > a TV set adds to the situation.

    Define "TV set". Nowadays, one can hang them on the wall,
    as well as carry them around with keyboards and some
    related electronics. Of course the latter are usually
    called notebooks or laptops... ;-)

    If what we're discussing is a dual head (*very* common in
    laptops, if one counts the internal display), then one can
    hook up the laptop to the thing on the wall if one desires.

    I'll admit I've had troubles with configuring this laptop,
    but for now I can either display on the LVDS or out to
    a VGA connector. That's adequate for me at the moment.
    There's also a third back connector, presumably for
    S-Video.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. Because a BSOD is just so 20th century; why not
    try our new color changing variant?

  16. Re: How a game is made.

    On 2008-06-20, Hadron wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> You guys are nuts. I am talking about TV Out. Dual screens.
    >>>
    >>> It's like talking to Dumb and Dumber.

    >> You don't have any real clue what we're talking about because
    >> you don't seem to have any real clue what sort of constraints that
    >> a TV set adds to the situation.

    > YOu are talking absolute nonsense as usual. You are trying to deflect
    > the thread. You made the silly claims. I put you right. And its as clear
    > as day that you know nothing about running dual screens with one being a
    > TV.

    Unless Windows does something stupid, it's all going to be
    abstracted away from the actual cabling transport mechanism.

    A TV is going to have certain characteristics as a monitor.
    Those characteristics are not unique to TVs and overlap quite a
    bit with "real monitors". The problems of having 2 monitors with
    one being "special" are going to be the same as if neither is
    "special".

    ...although there are more interesting questions here.

    --
    Oracle... can't live with it... |||
    / | \

  17. Re: How a game is made.

    On 2008-06-20, Tom Shelton wrote:
    > On 2008-06-20, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >>> Wait a minute! That requires that you use the big ugly thing with all
    >>> the letters on it! Don't you know that the prospect of doing that
    >>> strikes fear into a Wintrolls heart?
    >>>
    >>> Not sure how they write usenet messages and emails...

    >> Fear not... Xorg can autotect what it needs.
    >>

    > I keep hearing that, yet it seems I am constantly having to manually fix what
    > Xorg "detected"....

    Sometimes there's that. There are also particular TV sets that
    are notorious for sending out the wrong PnP information. There are
    even xorg switches to account for this and to ignore the bad info.

    In the worse case you tell Xorg what to do as if it were Forrest
    Gump. On the one hand, this is a little arcane. On the other hand, it
    hasn't changed in the last 14 years.

    --
    Oracle... can't live with it... |||
    / | \

  18. Re: How a game is made.

    Nah, I didn't think he'd get it.

    --
    Using anonymous remailers suggests that the poster
    is merely a troll, & not prepared to stand by what
    they post. Ergo the posts are of little value.
    In short, they are NOT worth reading to begin with.

  19. Re: How a game is made.

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 03:48:32 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> You don't have any real clue what we're talking about because
    >>> you don't seem to have any real clue what sort of constraints that
    >>> a TV set adds to the situation.

    >> Nah, I didn't think he'd get it.

    > Are you plain nuts or just as dim as a 5 Watt bulb? There is nothing to
    > get. I use TV Out. You appear to be clueless as to what this thread is
    > about.

    William Poaster is clinically brain dead.