Re: [News] Intel's and Microsoft's Role in Sabotaging OLPC, FUDing FOSS - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Intel's and Microsoft's Role in Sabotaging OLPC, FUDing FOSS - Linux ; On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:17:26 +0000, 7 wrote: > The OLPC is yet another disaster project that comes out of CMU to > to con governments around the world. The OLPC project is led by MIT, ace....

  1. Re: [News] Intel's and Microsoft's Role in Sabotaging OLPC, FUDing FOSS

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:17:26 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > The OLPC is yet another disaster project that comes out of CMU to
    > to con governments around the world.

    The OLPC project is led by MIT, ace.

  2. Re: [News] Intel's and Microsoft's Role in Sabotaging OLPC, FUDing FOSS

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Victor

    wrote
    on Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:47:57 -0500
    :
    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:17:26 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> The OLPC is yet another disaster project that comes out of CMU to
    >> to con governments around the world.

    > The OLPC project is led by MIT, ace.

    It's still not faring all that well, though the laptops are
    being made. Once XP gets loaded thereon, I'll admit to
    wondering if that will suddenly jump-start the project.
    (I hope not; Linux is IMO a better OS. However, the
    ultimate goal is to allow the children to learn, and the
    OLPC objective apparently is to get Sugar into the hands
    of the kids, and the OS could be Linux, FreeBSD, HURD,
    AmigaOS, VMS, or Windows underneath, so long as it works
    intuitively and reliably.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!