Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it - Linux ; "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd... Not anymore." http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html What a difference a big screw-up makes... -Ramon...

  1. Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    Not anymore."

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html

    What a difference a big screw-up makes...

    -Ramon

  2. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    Ramon F Herrera writes:

    > "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    > Not anymore."
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html
    >
    > What a difference a big screw-up makes...
    >
    > -Ramon

    What's up Ramon - not reading the poasts from the other "advocates"?

    --
    BOY is Microsoft doomed! LOL!

  3. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    On Jun 17, 5:50 pm, Hadron wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >
    > > "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    > > Not anymore."

    > > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html

    > > What a difference a big screw-up makes...

    > > -Ramon

    > What's up Ramon - not reading the poasts from the other "advocates"?

    I happen to be the OP of both "Niney-Two Percent" threads. I think of
    them as another nail in Microsoft's coffin.

    -RFH

  4. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    Ramon F Herrera writes:

    > On Jun 17, 5:50 pm, Hadron wrote:
    >> Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >>
    >> > "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    >> > Not anymore."

    >> > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html

    >> > What a difference a big screw-up makes...

    >> > -Ramon

    >> What's up Ramon - not reading the poasts from the other "advocates"?
    >>

    > I happen to be the OP of both "Niney-Two Percent" threads. I think of
    > them as another nail in Microsoft's coffin.
    >
    > -RFH

    Aha, so you are repeating it hoping to be not quite as ridiculed as the
    first time? Uh huh!

    --
    XP can't be selling well, or we'd have the wintrolls crowing about it all
    over the advocacy newsgroups.

  5. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    In article ,
    Hadron wrote:

    > Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >
    > > "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    > > Not anymore."
    > >
    > > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html
    > >
    > > What a difference a big screw-up makes.
    > >
    > > Ramon

    > What's up Ramon, not reading the poasts from the other "advocates?"

    You misspelled "posts."

  6. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    Chance Furlong writes:

    > In article ,
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >>
    >> > "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    >> > Not anymore."
    >> >
    >> > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html
    >> >
    >> > What a difference a big screw-up makes.
    >> >
    >> > Ramon

    >> What's up Ramon, not reading the poasts from the other "advocates?"

    > You misspelled "posts."

    No I didn't. I didn't mean "posts", I meant "poasts". As defined a while
    ago as being "posts" as useless or as boring as those made by Willy
    Poaster (Willy Filters).

    --
    "My college theater antics were the inspiration for Robin
    Williams' character on Mork & Mindy"

  7. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    Looks like the trolls don't like the news. More from the article:

    Such appreciation for history is not likely to warm the ****les of
    Microsoft's heart, especially when Linux is getting lots of love from
    developers (13 percent writing apps for it this year and 15.5 percent
    in 2009). The Mac? I don't have any equivalent data via Evans Data.
    But the Mac OS has rocketed by 380 percent as a targeted development
    platform, Evans Data told Computerworld.

    As for Mac developers, your article reminded me of something I read
    recently about Apple's plans for cross-platform Cocoa:

    It might also come as a surprise that Apple will soon release a suite
    of apps that will join QuickTime, iTunes, and Safari on the Windows
    platform. Like Apple’s existing Windows apps, the new ones will all
    put the Mac OS X user interface in front of millions of new users.
    Additionally, they will also advance Cocoa-style development in front
    of a much larger audience, because Apple is also giving away the
    frameworks it used to create those new apps.

    Another surprise is that all those apps will also run cross platform
    on Linux. How will Apple do this? [By] refining Cocoa for deployment
    within the web browser to enable developers to build those so called
    “Rich Internet Applications” that Adobe wants users to build in Flash/
    Flex/AIR, Microsoft in Silverlight, Sun in Java, and so on.

    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...ore/#more-1936

  8. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:01:08 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Ramon F Herrera writes:

    >>> What's up Ramon - not reading the poasts from the other "advocates"?
    >>>

    >> I happen to be the OP of both "Niney-Two Percent" threads. I think of
    >> them as another nail in Microsoft's coffin.
    >>
    >> -RFH
    >>

    > Aha, so you are repeating it hoping to be not quite as ridiculed as the
    > first time? Uh huh!

    They keep coming back for more spanking.

    Looks like Ramon is following in Schestowitz's footsteps posting the same
    crap over and over again.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    * Ramon F Herrera peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    > Not anymore."
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html
    >
    > What a difference a big screw-up makes...

    Except that number projects to be a bit higher than 8%.

    Vista XP Linux Mac

    2008 8% 49% 13% Not provided

    2009 24% 29% 16% 380% more than 2008

    It is not clear what percentage is cross-platform -- how many developers
    code for both platforms, even in the same apps.

    --
    I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of
    that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.

  10. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

    > "And to think Microsoft used to be popular with the developer crowd...
    > Not anymore."
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html
    >
    > What a difference a big screw-up makes...
    >
    > -Ramon

    http://www.appreadiness.com/default.aspx

    http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/

    http://www.installationexcellence.co...phi/Index.html

    "I was overwhelmed, to say the least, by the reception my original article
    on creating Windows Vista ready applications with Delphi received. I was
    very flattered to be included on the Delphi Hour (replay available here)."

  11. Re: Vista's big problem: 92 percent of developers ignoring it

    "Ramon F Herrera" schreef in bericht

    > "And to think Microsoft

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks