Stay away from Fedora 9 - Linux

This is a discussion on Stay away from Fedora 9 - Linux ; On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:24:35 +0100, Farmer Giles wrote: > Rick wrote: >> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:03:12 +0000, Martha Adams wrote: >> >>> "Rick" wrote in message >>> news:mK6dnYXoxel4fMrVnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@supernews.co m... >>>> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:05:14 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Stay away from Fedora 9

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:24:35 +0100, Farmer Giles wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:03:12 +0000, Martha Adams wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message
    >>> news:mK6dnYXoxel4fMrVnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> Is anyone around here mature and knowledgeable enough to discuss the
    >>> *topic*? *The Topic??*

    >> Dunno :-)
    >>
    >> How about this....
    >> I you can't deal with bleeding edge software, don't use Fedora. If you
    >> can deal with bleeding edge software, maybe Fedora 9 is for you.
    >>

    > What sort of excuse is that? What excuse do you have for the other 5000
    > and counting versions of linux. They all have the same beta software.
    >
    > truth hurts!

    It's the old Linux distro dance.
    When one version doesn't work for you the Linux loons will suggest 500+
    other ones.

    It's the only defense of their crap software that they have.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Stay away from Fedora 9

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:53:09 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:56:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> As has been posted before by several contributors (including me),
    >>> Fedora is an experimental distro packed full of cutting edge apps not
    >>> intended for production machines. You install it at your own risk.

    >> Yawwn....
    >>
    >> Tell me what Linux distribution ISN'T experimental? Suse/Novel and
    >> Redhat SEL and maybe one or two others. The rest?

    > Mandriva, Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS

    Wrong answer.

    >> Use at your own risk...
    >>
    >> Linux should come with a warning sticker" Use at your own risk".

    > You mean like Windows does?

    One day with Linux and it's problems is typically more than enough to make
    new users go running back to Windows.
    It happens all the time.

    Why is that?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: Stay away from Fedora 9

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:54:21 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:53:09 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> Yawwn....
    >>>
    >>> Tell me what Linux distribution ISN'T experimental? Suse/Novel and
    >>> Redhat SEL and maybe one or two others. The rest?

    >> Mandriva, Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS

    > Wrong answer.

    Correct answer.

    >>> Use at your own risk...
    >>>
    >>> Linux should come with a warning sticker" Use at your own risk".

    >> You mean like Windows does?

    .... and the flatfarb avoids the question...

    > One day with Linux and it's problems is typically more than enough to
    > make new users go running back to Windows. It happens all the time.
    >
    > Why is that?

    Why do you keep asking the same question, getting the same answer, then
    ask the same question all over again?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Stay away from Fedora 9

    Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:54:21 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Mandriva, Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS

    >> Wrong answer.

    > Correct answer.

    >>> You mean like Windows does?

    > ... and the flatfarb avoids the question...
    >
    >> One day with Linux and it's problems is typically more than enough to
    >> make new users go running back to Windows. It happens all the time.
    >>
    >> Why is that?

    > Why do you keep asking the same question, getting the same answer, then
    > ask the same question all over again?

    Maybe because the question needs to answered with a truthful, honest
    response. Not much of that around here.

  5. Re: Stay away from Fedora 9

    On 2008-06-18, Farmer Giles wrote:
    > Rick wrote:

    [deletia]

> [...]

    ....based on DFS style "research" you can't really conclude anything
    about anything. Even a claim of the sky being blue should be taken
    with some salt...

    [deletia]

    >>> Wrong answer.

    >> Correct answer.

    >> ... and the flatfarb avoids the question...
    >>
    >>> One day with Linux and it's problems is typically more than enough to
    >>> make new users go running back to Windows. It happens all the time.
    >>>
    >>> Why is that?

    >> Why do you keep asking the same question, getting the same answer, then
    >> ask the same question all over again?
    >>

    > Maybe because the question needs to answered with a truthful, honest
    > response. Not much of that around here.

    ....well, I am here to say that the Hardy Heron boogey man is not at
    all what it was made out to be by the Lemmings here. That should
    hardly be surprising though.

    --
    If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of |||
    hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either. / | \

  6. Re: Stay away from Fedora 9

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:42:52 +0100, Farmer Giles wrote:

    > Rick wrote:

    >>> Wrong answer.

    >> Correct answer.

    >> ... and the flatfarb avoids the question...
    >>
    >>> One day with Linux and it's problems is typically more than enough to
    >>> make new users go running back to Windows. It happens all the time.
    >>>
    >>> Why is that?

    >> Why do you keep asking the same question, getting the same answer, then
    >> ask the same question all over again?
    >>

    > Maybe because the question needs to answered with a truthful, honest
    > response. Not much of that around here.

    ... not from people like Hadron, DFS and flatfarb

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2