[News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    eBay: Stifel Upgrades; MSFT Interest In PayPal/Skype?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Is Microsoft (MSFT) interested in taking a stake in eBay’s (EBAY) PayPal and
    | Skype units?
    |
    | Stifel Nicolaus analyst Scott Devitt asserts in a research note this morning
    | that he has “thought it possible for Microsoft to attain an equity ownership
    | interest in PayPal/Skype.” He notes that display ads for Microsoft’s program
    | for providing cash back to consumers who make purchases through MSN have
    | shown up on eBay, and that all of eBay’s fixed price items qualify for the
    | program. He also notes that the cash-back program offers PayPal deposit of
    | refunds.
    `----

    http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...n-paypalskype/

    Microsoft recently failed with (and shut down) a Craigslist copycat project.

    Icahn Considering Merits Of Yahoo, Google Pact

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "While the Google deal is not the same as an offer of $34.375 per share for
    | Yahoo, I am continuing to study it, and it might have some merit," Icahn said
    | in the report. "I continue to be extremely disappointed with the Yahoo
    | management, but the Google deal might have some merit and seems to be better
    | then the alternative deal proposed by Microsoft."
    `----

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...oo-google-pact

    Yahoo Investor Urges Deal with Icahn

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Jackson said his move was aimed at major Yahoo shareholders, including
    | Capital Research, Legg Mason and Vanguard, as well as proxy advisory firms
    | like RiskMetrics and Glass Lewis.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...1/article.html

    "Proxy advisory firms". Microsoft probably knows quite a few. That's how it
    hires and pays Munchkins, for starters.

    Recent:

    Yahoo: Icahn “Manipulates The Facts”

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The company also says it is “patently untrue” that the company turned down an
    | offer of $40 a share from Microsoft and sabotaged the later offer of $33. The
    | letter contends that Yahoo’s board “has at all times been focused on
    | maximizing shareholder value.”
    `----

    http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...lenews_barrons
    http://tinyurl.com/64nvv5

    Is Microsoft Aura Fading?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Yesterday's early relief rally reversed, and Microsoft's value has now fallen
    | by more than $30 billion since it unveiled its bid for Yahoo on February 1.
    `---- * * *

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1210...googlenews_wsj

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 17 June 2008 18:00 : \____
    >
    >> On May 13, 2008 Carl Icahn purchased as many as 50 million shares of
    >> Yahoo, leaning toward launching a proxy contest.

    > So what good is this man to society? It seems like he only ever forces people
    > to do insane stuff they do not want to do.
    >
    > Time for him to retire and take the boat to a distant island.

    So says Roy Spamowitz - sponging off the UK Government, wrapped in the
    swaddling cloths provided by a British University. Yet to earn a penny
    or contribute anything back to the society which educated him in terms
    of taxes and work towards improving the social fabric in which he is
    cradled.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:29:41 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 17 June 2008 18:00 : \____
    >>
    >>> On May 13, 2008 Carl Icahn purchased as many as 50 million shares of
    >>> Yahoo, leaning toward launching a proxy contest.

    >> So what good is this man to society? It seems like he only ever forces people
    >> to do insane stuff they do not want to do.
    >>
    >> Time for him to retire and take the boat to a distant island.

    > So says Roy Spamowitz - sponging off the UK Government, wrapped in the
    > swaddling cloths provided by a British University. Yet to earn a penny
    > or contribute anything back to the society which educated him in terms
    > of taxes and work towards improving the social fabric in which he is
    > cradled.

    That paragraph is absolutely BRILLIANT!!
    I am impressed!

    Oh yea, it's also a very accurate description of Roy Spammer Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:10:20 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >
    >> Carl Celian Icahn (born February 16, 1936) is an American billionaire
    >> financier, corporate raider

    > IOW he's the corporate version of Attila the Hun.
    >
    > At 72, with any luck he'll soon be purged from the human gene pool.

    What a bunch of nasty people these Linux hypocrites are.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:10:20 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >
    >> At 72, with any luck he'll soon be purged from the human gene pool.

    > What a bunch of nasty people these Linux hypocrites are.

    That they are.

    [H]ypocrite in particular is a spiteful, small-minded little creep.

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:28:54 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:10:20 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>
    >>> At 72, with any luck he'll soon be purged from the human gene pool.

    >> What a bunch of nasty people these Linux hypocrites are.

    > That they are.
    >
    > [H]ypocrite in particular is a spiteful, small-minded little creep.

    A lot of these Linux basement dwellers and professional students
    (Schestowitz) are in for a rude awakening when they finally join the real
    world of business.

    All this sitting around the campfire singing kumbaya and swapping code
    isn't going to get them squat.

    Mark Kent knows it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Interested in eBay, Headhunter Icahn Still Clueless

    ____/ Homer on Wednesday 18 June 2008 03:05 : \____

    >> Time for him to retire and take the boat to a distant island.

    > How about Anthrax Island?

    Too salty.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Signature pending approval"
    05:00:01 up 64 days, 3:12, 6 users, load average: 0.57, 0.96, 1.31