Re: Is Micoshaft Marketing Causing Retardation of IT Admins? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Is Micoshaft Marketing Causing Retardation of IT Admins? - Linux ; Hadron wrote: > Rick writes: > >> Hadron wrote: >>> Victor writes: >>> >>>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 05:12:47 -0500, Rick wrote: >>>> >>>>> I happen to agree. I don't think the personal computer itself has >>>>> enough time ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

  1. Re: Is Micoshaft Marketing Causing Retardation of IT Admins?

    Hadron wrote:
    > Rick writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> I had hoped 2 years ago that it might. Vista was a perfect disaster
    >>> waiting to enable Linux to take off. But no. Too many people fragmented
    >>> (there's a word for you Rick!) and trying to make YAD (Yet Another
    >>> Distro) as opposed to gathering forces and strengthening Linux where it
    >>> was required - and my latest bugbear being one of the most important for
    >>> business users - the ability to sync a PDA and mobile properly.
    >>>
    >>> Personally I would sooner choose between 3 good distros than 500 crap
    >>> ones.

    >> Then why didn't you choose between 5 good ones instead of looking at
    >> 500 crap ones?

    why didn't you choose between 5 good ones instead of looking at 500 crap
    ones?

    >>> Debian Lenny just about meets my "needs" (except for phone sync
    >>> and gaming). But I spent ages acquiring Linux skills and also have a
    >>> technical background.
    >>>

    >> Then why did you spend time trying to use crap distros?

    > Check mate you nut job.

    We aren't playing chess, jerk off.
    And AGAIN... why did you spend time trying to use crap distros? Why
    didn't you just use one of the top 4-5?

    > New users do not KNOW what is "good". Apparently they need to filter the
    > 500 to find one which best "fits their needs".

    New users do not need to know what is "good" relative to Linux distros
    anymore than than cars or TVs or stereos. They can buy a distro in a
    store. If they can buy a box with a distor installed from Dell or from
    an Asus vendor.

  2. Re: Is Micoshaft Marketing Causing Retardation of IT Admins?

    "Rick" stated in post
    L8udnQOoL_QrocvVnZ2dnUVZ_hjinZ2d@supernews.com on 6/16/08 3:13 AM:

    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 05:02:17 -0500, Victor wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 04:52:20 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> Don't you wish you were taken seriously?

    >> That coming from a guy who attempts to point out misspellings where they
    >> don't exist.

    > Don't you wish you were taken seriously?

    Do you mean that?

    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not

  3. Re: Is Micoshaft Marketing Causing Retardation of IT Admins?

    "Rick" stated in post
    L8udnQKoL_RJocvVnZ2dnUVZ_hjinZ2d@supernews.com on 6/16/08 3:13 AM:

    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:06:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Victor writes:

    >>> That coming from a guy who attempts to point out misspellings where
    >>> they don't exist.

    >> And don't forget him wondering what a GUI was!

    > I'll send you a dollar, if you'll promise to go buy some honesty.

    Sad that you think honesty is something you could buy.

    --
    Dear Aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all

  4. Re: Is Micoshaft Marketing Causing Retardation of IT Admins?

    "Rick" stated in post
    AKudnWD-7dlMGMvVnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@supernews.com on 6/16/08 8:25 AM:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Victor writes:

    >>> I doubt Linux has enough time left to catch up, really.

    >> I had hoped 2 years ago that it might. Vista was a perfect disaster
    >> waiting to enable Linux to take off. But no. Too many people fragmented
    >> (there's a word for you Rick!) and trying to make YAD (Yet Another
    >> Distro) as opposed to gathering forces and strengthening Linux where it
    >> was required - and my latest bugbear being one of the most important for
    >> business users - the ability to sync a PDA and mobile properly.
    >>
    >> Personally I would sooner choose between 3 good distros than 500 crap
    >> ones.

    > Then why didn't you choose between 5 good ones instead of looking at 500
    > crap ones?
    >

    >> Debian Lenny just about meets my "needs" (except for phone sync
    >> and gaming). But I spent ages acquiring Linux skills and also have a
    >> technical background.
    >>

    > Then why did you spend time trying to use crap distros?

    Are you against choice?

    --
    "In order to discover who you are, first learn who everybody else is. You're
    what's left." - Skip Hansen

  5. Re: Is Micoshaft Marketing Causing Retardation of IT Admins?

    "Rick" stated in post
    AKudnWP-7dmwG8vVnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@supernews.com on 6/16/08 8:26 AM:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Rick writes:

    >>> I'll send you a dollar, if you'll promise to go buy some honesty.

    >> You think honesty and integrity come so cheaply? No. I am afraid not
    >> Rick. You need to develop these things. Personally I blame the parents
    >> of the "advocates" for not being better role models.
    >>

    > Personally, I blame you for your dishonesty.

    You look to others a lot when you should look at yourself.

    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3