[News] Sabayon Linux 3.5 is Coming Very Soon - Linux

  1. [News] Sabayon Linux 3.5 is Coming Very Soon

  2. Re: [News] Sabayon Linux 3.5 is Coming Very Soon

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    I don't get it! What on earth do you need sooo many distros for? whats
    the point of it? Its like an virus thats out of control. One distro
    pops up, the developers fall out with each other, split,and another one
    appears to compete against it. That is not freedom, its just absurd!

  3. Re: [News] Sabayon Linux 3.5 is Coming Very Soon

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:59:39 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    > I don't get it! What on earth do you need sooo many distros for? whats

    Why do you care. Obviously someone thought it was needed for something.
    If you don't like them, don't use them.

    > the point of it? Its like an virus thats out of control. One distro
    > pops up, the developers fall out with each other, split,and another one
    > appears to compete against it. That is not freedom, its just absurd!

    So what? If doesn't hurt you.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: [News] Sabayon Linux 3.5 is Coming Very Soon

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:59:39 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    > I don't get it! What on earth do you need sooo many distros for? whats
    > the point of it? Its like an virus thats out of control. One distro
    > pops up, the developers fall out with each other, split,and another one
    > appears to compete against it. That is not freedom, its just absurd!

    So that when the one you happen to try doesn't work correctly, the Linux
    loons can keep suggesting 500+ more for you to keep trying until you find
    one which actually works.
    That rarely happens though.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb