[News] Acer's New Linux Laptop Feels Polished, Linux-based Eee Reviewed - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Acer's New Linux Laptop Feels Polished, Linux-based Eee Reviewed - Linux ; The mini-laptops of summer ,----[ Quote ] | Meanwhile, the Acer Aspire One crams a lot into a very slim, very appealing | package. It's smaller than the Wind (at 9.8 by 6.7 by 1.14 inches) and yet it | ...

  1. [News] Acer's New Linux Laptop Feels Polished, Linux-based Eee Reviewed

    The mini-laptops of summer

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Meanwhile, the Acer Aspire One crams a lot into a very slim, very appealing
    | package. It's smaller than the Wind (at 9.8 by 6.7 by 1.14 inches) and yet it
    | finds room to house the same Intel Atom processor and a reasonably large
    | 8.9-inch display (with a resolution of 1024 by 600 pixels).
    |
    | The preview model that we looked at felt well polished. The Aspire One's
    | plastic superstructure seemed a bit less rugged than the MSI Wind's, but this
    | mini-laptop has a great keyboard.
    |
    | The model we looked at is priced at $400; it comes with Linux preinstalled
    | and packs an 8GB NAND flash drive...
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...rce=rss_news50
    http://tinyurl.com/5f93c8

    Review of the EEE-PC 701 (long overdue)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I've been intending to write a review of the EEE-PC for quite some time,
    | considering I was one of the early adopters makes my hesitancy all the more
    | curious. I was impressed at the prospect of Asus' small form, low budget,
    | Linux based notebook.
    `----

    http://www.distro-review.com/review-...1-long-overdue

    Recent:

    Acer bets big on Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Acer has stated that it will be pushing Linux aggressively on its laptops and
    | netbooks.
    `----

    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/22...hes-linux-hard

    Microsoft sees slide in profits

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *

    | to go with that.
    `----

    Related:

    | Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

    | Lenovo.

    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

    Man wins damages from Acer over Windows refund

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Initially, Acer had offered only €30 if the man returned elements of the
    | install at his own expense .
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Acer's New Linux Laptop Feels Polished, Linux-based Eee Reviewed

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows