[News] Mark Shuttleworth's New Interview with Linux-Magazine Italia - Linux

  1. [News] Mark Shuttleworth's New Interview with Linux-Magazine Italia

    Interview with Linux-Magazine Italia

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Free software is intrinsically a better way to build software, I believe. But
    | we should not plan to be judged on our morals, we should expect to be judged
    | on our software. We have to deliver something that LOOKS and FEELS better,
    | then we can expect people to embrace it fully. And once people realise they
    | can have something that is better AND sustainable AND comes with many
    | freedoms, the world will be a fundamentally different place. That is our
    | goal.
    `----

    http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/148

    Last week:

    Italian Ministry of Justice Adopts Red Hat Solutions

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Red Hat (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions,
    | today announced that the Italian Ministry of Justice has selected Red Hat
    | Enterprise Linux as the platform for its web-based Civil Justice
    | applications, including those used for general cognizance, for civil
    | execution and for the offices of the Small Claims courts.
    `----

    http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...nistry-of.html

    Recent:

    Commission to MEP: We are able to accept and generate ODF

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | An assistent of Italian MEP Marco Cappato (ALDE) contacted us with the news
    | that an answer to a parliament question has arrived.
    `----

    http://www.digistan.org/forum/t-6311...d-generate-odf

    Italian TV talks about Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In this video an Italian TV program, NeaPòlis, talks about ubuntu as a very
    | stable, high performance and easy to install operative system.
    `----

    http://www.fsdaily.com/Community/Ita...s_about_Ubuntu

    Telecom Italia Rejects Microsoft IPTV

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For Microsoft, Telecom Italia's decision is clearly a blow.
    `----

    http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=148327

    Plone: Official launch of PloneGov in Italy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Chamber of Commerce of Ferrara, the first PloneGov Italian member,
    | invites 100 representatives from the public sector and open source experts to
    | participate to the official launch of PloneGov in Italy on September 16,
    | 2008.
    `----

    http://www.zeapartners.org/articles/ferrara002

    Linux reaches the Italian Parliament

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As reported by the Italian newspaper Repubblica on July 10th, 2007, a plan
    | suggested by the left deputies Pietro Folena and Franco Grillini to migrate
    | all the computers of the Parliament from Windows to Linux was approved by the
    | Chamber. *
    |
    | The migration will affect about 3500 boxes of the Chamber, both desktops and
    | servers, and each Deputy/Party may also ask to migrate his/its (private)
    | computers to the Free System. *
    `----

    http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/blog/linu...oves-to-linux/

    Linux certification comes to Italy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A non-profit organization devoted to Linux training and certification has
    | established an affiliate organization in Italy.
    `----

    Free software in free elections

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A new initiative promoted by the italian association for free software for
    | the next italian political elections (provided that they will actually take
    | place…). The initiative consists in asking the candidates to sign a letter
    | where they engage themselves, in case they will be elected, to promote the
    | use of free software through their political activity.
    `----

    http://www.palmerini.org/2008/04/06/...ree-elections/

  2. Re: [News] Mark Shuttleworth's New Interview with Linux-Magazine Italia

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Interview with Linux-Magazine Italia
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Free software is intrinsically a better way to build software, I
    > believe. But
    > | we should not plan to be judged on our morals, we should expect to be
    > judged
    > | on our software. We have to deliver something that LOOKS and FEELS
    > better,
    > | then we can expect people to embrace it fully. And once people realise
    > they
    > | can have something that is better AND sustainable AND comes with many
    > | freedoms, the world will be a fundamentally different place. That is our
    > | goal.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/148
    >

    > Last week:
    >
    > Italian Ministry of Justice Adopts Red Hat Solutions
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Red Hat (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source
    > solutions,
    > | today announced that the Italian Ministry of Justice has selected Red
    > Hat
    > | Enterprise Linux as the platform for its web-based Civil Justice
    > | applications, including those used for general cognizance, for civil
    > | execution and for the offices of the Small Claims courts.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...nistry-of.html
    >

    > Recent:
    >
    > Commission to MEP: We are able to accept and generate ODF
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | An assistent of Italian MEP Marco Cappato (ALDE) contacted us with the
    > news
    > | that an answer to a parliament question has arrived.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.digistan.org/forum/t-6311...d-generate-odf
    >

    > Italian TV talks about Ubuntu
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | In this video an Italian TV program, NeaPòlis, talks about ubuntu as a
    > very
    > | stable, high performance and easy to install operative system.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.fsdaily.com/Community/Ita...s_about_Ubuntu
    >

    > Telecom Italia Rejects Microsoft

    been created.