Re: Willy Boaster Uses XNA - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Willy Boaster Uses XNA - Linux ; On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 02:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote: >From: William Poaster >Message-Id: > > > >Using X-No-Archive suggests the post is of little value & >not worth archiving. Anyone marking *all* their posts >XNA is a sure ...

  1. Re: Willy Boaster Uses XNA

    wrote:

    >From: William Poaster
    >

    >Using X-No-Archive suggests the post is of little value &
    >not worth archiving. Anyone marking *all* their posts
    >XNA is a sure sign of low self-esteem. In short, they
    >are NOT worth reading to begin with.

    Not necessarily.
    That message only requests that archiving agents to delete the message
    after 7 days. Or for however long they desire to keep them.
    The message will appear on the original posting server, and perhaps on
    a few others, until such time as that server deletes them by age.

    I will post using XNA on some posts. Simply to keep certain people
    from being able to recall them later and making nasty comments from
    that post.
    Because I did it for so long, a certain person couldn't use what I had
    posted as bait on his web site.

    Besides, if Google wanted to keep the posts anyway, they could.

  2. Re: Willy Boaster Uses XNA

    richard wrote:
    > Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >
    >> From: William Poaster Message-Id:
    >> <0qdh55-o78.ln1@leafnode.archimedes.eu>

    Using X-No-Archive suggests the post is of little value & not
    >> worth archiving. Anyone marking *all* their posts XNA is a sure sign
    >> of low self-esteem. In short, they are NOT worth reading to begin with.
    >>

    > Not necessarily. That message only requests that archiving agents to
    > delete the message after 7 days. Or for however long they desire to keep
    > them. The message will appear on the original posting server, and
    > perhaps on a few others, until such time as that server deletes them by
    > age.
    >
    > I will post using XNA on some posts. Simply to keep certain people from
    > being able to recall them later and making nasty comments from that
    > post. Because I did it for so long, a certain person couldn't use what I
    > had posted as bait on his web site.
    >
    > Besides, if Google wanted to keep the posts anyway, they could.

    Unless a recent change, Google does not retain them. Use of XNA is not
    wrong of itself, but trolls have abused this in the past to leave no
    fingerprints behind. Portions of their messages live on, if quoted by a
    replier, but the important identifying header information is gone. Thus,
    they do their dirty work and hope they won't get caught.

    However, there are some repositories on the Internet that keep all posts.

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: Willy Boaster Uses XNA

    On 2008-06-15, High Plains Thumper claimed:

    > Unless a recent change, Google does not retain them. Use of XNA is not
    > wrong of itself, but trolls have abused this in the past to leave no
    > fingerprints behind. Portions of their messages live on, if quoted by a
    > replier, but the important identifying header information is gone. Thus,
    > they do their dirty work and hope they won't get caught.

    IOW it would be wise to post the headers of the troll so as to deny
    them the anonymity given them by the passage of time?

    > However, there are some repositories on the Internet that keep all posts.

    That doesn't stop Flatso from denying anyway. Even when s/h/it answers
    a sock's response as s/hitself, or vice versa, s/h/it still raises crap
    in the hopes of changing the subject so everybody forgets about it.

    --
    A Windows utility is a virus with seniority.

  4. Re: Willy Boaster Uses XNA

    richard writes:

    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 02:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
    > wrote:
    >
    >>From: William Poaster
    >>

    >>Using X-No-Archive suggests the post is of little value &
    >>not worth archiving. Anyone marking *all* their posts
    >>XNA is a sure sign of low self-esteem. In short, they
    >>are NOT worth reading to begin with.
    >>

    > Not necessarily.
    > That message only requests that archiving agents to delete the message
    > after 7 days. Or for however long they desire to keep them.
    > The message will appear on the original posting server, and perhaps on
    > a few others, until such time as that server deletes them by age.
    >
    > I will post using XNA on some posts. Simply to keep certain people
    > from being able to recall them later and making nasty comments from
    > that post.
    > Because I did it for so long, a certain person couldn't use what I had
    > posted as bait on his web site.
    >
    > Besides, if Google wanted to keep the posts anyway, they could.

    How stupid are you? If ONE person replies to you WITHOUT X-N-A then you
    are archived. It is also the case that with so many web crawlers ripping
    off the USENET help groups that regardless of one of your "Willy"
    headers, it is already there for Google for ever more. Get a clue,

    --
    "Give it up because going on the offensive, and you are quite offensive, is
    not going to cover up your trolling and nym shifting blunders no matter now

  5. Re: Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb 3 years too late!

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:12:30 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >>
    >>> From: William Poaster Message-Id:
    >>> <0qdh55-o78.ln1@leafnode.archimedes.eu>

    Using X-No-Archive suggests the post is of little value & not
    >>> worth archiving. Anyone marking *all* their posts XNA is a sure sign
    >>> of low self-esteem. In short, they are NOT worth reading to begin with.
    >>>

    >> Not necessarily. That message only requests that archiving agents to
    >> delete the message after 7 days. Or for however long they desire to keep
    >> them. The message will appear on the original posting server, and
    >> perhaps on a few others, until such time as that server deletes them by
    >> age.
    >>
    >> I will post using XNA on some posts. Simply to keep certain people from
    >> being able to recall them later and making nasty comments from that
    >> post. Because I did it for so long, a certain person couldn't use what I
    >> had posted as bait on his web site.
    >>
    >> Besides, if Google wanted to keep the posts anyway, they could.

    > Unless a recent change, Google does not retain them. Use of XNA is not
    > wrong of itself, but trolls have abused this in the past to leave no
    > fingerprints behind. Portions of their messages live on, if quoted by a
    > replier, but the important identifying header information is gone. Thus,
    > they do their dirty work and hope they won't get caught.
    >
    > However, there are some repositories on the Internet that keep all posts.

    The trolls must be desperate, especially "Moshe Flatfarce Goldfarb". I
    looked in google, & saw the example teh troll gave was 2004 U yet the
    lying POS says "Willy Boaster Uses XNA".

    Pathetic.

  6. Re: Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb 3 years too late!

    William Poaster wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Use of XNA is not wrong of itself, but trolls have abused this in the
    >> past to leave no fingerprints behind. Portions of their messages live
    >> on, if quoted by a replier, but the important identifying header
    >> information is gone. Thus, they do their dirty work and hope they won't
    >> get caught.
    >>
    >> However, there are some repositories on the Internet that keep all
    >> posts.

    > The trolls must be desperate, especially "Moshe Flatfarce Goldfarb". I
    > looked in google, & saw the example the troll gave was 2004 yet the
    > lying POS says "Willy Boaster Uses XNA".
    >
    > Pathetic.

    This is typical, they use half-truths, which are just as bad as outright
    lies. It is interesting to note that if one posts positive Linux advocacy
    or exposes their shameful deeds, becomes a subject of discussion (albeit a
    foul one) by them.

    --
    HPT

  7. Re: Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb 3 years too late!

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:16:40 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Use of XNA is not wrong of itself, but trolls have abused this in the
    >>> past to leave no fingerprints behind. Portions of their messages live
    >>> on, if quoted by a replier, but the important identifying header
    >>> information is gone. Thus, they do their dirty work and hope they won't
    >>> get caught.
    >>>
    >>> However, there are some repositories on the Internet that keep all
    >>> posts.

    >> The trolls must be desperate, especially "Moshe Flatfarce Goldfarb". I
    >> looked in google, & saw the example the troll gave was 2004 yet the
    >> lying POS says "Willy Boaster Uses XNA".
    >>
    >> Pathetic.

    > This is typical, they use half-truths, which are just as bad as outright
    > lies. It is interesting to note that if one posts positive Linux advocacy
    > or exposes their shameful deeds, becomes a subject of discussion (albeit a
    > foul one) by them.

    Trolls don't like being exposed as such, it puts a dent in their aim to
    disrupt a newsgroup. Especially those wanting to spread FUD &
    disinformation about a subject they *supposedly* use.
    You have prime examples of that in here, & you have one (if not two)
    examples of people with NPD.

  8. Re: Willy Boaster Uses XNA

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 06:07:51 +0200, Hadron
    wrote:

    >richard writes:
    >
    >> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 02:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>From: William Poaster
    >>>

    >>>Using X-No-Archive suggests the post is of little value &
    >>>not worth archiving. Anyone marking *all* their posts
    >>>XNA is a sure sign of low self-esteem. In short, they
    >>>are NOT worth reading to begin with.
    >>>

    >> Not necessarily.
    >> That message only requests that archiving agents to delete the message
    >> after 7 days. Or for however long they desire to keep them.
    >> The message will appear on the original posting server, and perhaps on
    >> a few others, until such time as that server deletes them by age.
    >>
    >> I will post using XNA on some posts. Simply to keep certain people
    >> from being able to recall them later and making nasty comments from
    >> that post.
    >> Because I did it for so long, a certain person couldn't use what I had
    >> posted as bait on his web site.
    >>
    >> Besides, if Google wanted to keep the posts anyway, they could.

    >How stupid are you? If ONE person replies to you WITHOUT X-N-A then you
    >are archived. It is also the case that with so many web crawlers ripping
    >off the USENET help groups that regardless of one of your "Willy"
    >headers, it is already there for Google for ever more. Get a clue,

    You are correct. However, the original post, with the XNA is
    unlinkable directly.
    And you will not find that post listed in the group of posts that it
    was replied to.
    You will only know that it existed because of the replies.

+ Reply to Thread