[news]7 was rude to newbie - Linux

This is a discussion on [news]7 was rude to newbie - Linux ; Foul mouthed 7, struck again today. Upon reading post of Linux newbie trying to solicit a little help with his Linux installation, 7 erupted into a raging anger, and fired off a reply full of four letter words, crudities, and ...

  1. [news]7 was rude to newbie

    Foul mouthed 7, struck again today. Upon reading post of Linux newbie
    trying to solicit a little help with his Linux installation, 7 erupted
    into a raging anger, and fired off a reply full of four letter words,
    crudities, and insults. So put off by this response, the original poster
    never plans on touching Linux again.

  2. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    On Jun 15, 12:03 pm, trufe Hirts wrote:
    > Foul mouthed 7, struck again today. Upon reading post of Linux newbie
    > trying to solicit a little help with his Linux installation, 7 erupted
    > into a raging anger, and fired off a reply full of four letter words,
    > crudities, and insults. So put off by this response, the original poster
    > never plans on touching Linux again.

    Which thread please? Don't see why I should spend ages hunting for
    it.

    At a shrewd guess, newbie my foot - it would seem that '7' 's troll-o-
    meter went off the dial.

    A *real* newbie would have posted to a more apt group anyway.

    Looks like Flatfish and his mates have started a new nym.

  3. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    peterwn wrote:
    > trufe Hirts wrote:
    >
    >> Upon reading post of Linux newbie trying to solicit a little help with
    >> his Linux installation, 7 erupted into a raging anger, and fired off a
    >> reply full of four letter words, crudities, and insults. So put off by
    >> this response, the original poster never plans on touching Linux again.

    Hadron?

    > Which thread please? Don't see why I should spend ages hunting for it.
    > At a shrewd guess, newbie my foot - it would seem that '7' 's troll-o-
    > meter went off the dial. A *real* newbie would have posted to a more apt
    > group anyway. Looks like Flatfish and his mates have started a new nym.

    Yep, a crop of socks.

    --
    HPT

  4. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    On 2008-06-15, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > peterwn wrote:
    >> trufe Hirts wrote:
    >>
    >>> Upon reading post of Linux newbie trying to solicit a little help with
    >>> his Linux installation, 7 erupted into a raging anger, and fired off a
    >>> reply full of four letter words, crudities, and insults. So put off by
    >>> this response, the original poster never plans on touching Linux again.

    > Hadron?
    >
    >> Which thread please? Don't see why I should spend ages hunting for it.
    >> At a shrewd guess, newbie my foot - it would seem that '7' 's troll-o-
    >> meter went off the dial. A *real* newbie would have posted to a more apt
    >> group anyway. Looks like Flatfish and his mates have started a new nym.

    > Yep, a crop of socks.

    It reads like the raylopez troll.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  5. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 21:27:23 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > peterwn wrote:
    >> trufe Hirts wrote:
    >>
    >>> Upon reading post of Linux newbie trying to solicit a little help with
    >>> his Linux installation, 7 erupted into a raging anger, and fired off a
    >>> reply full of four letter words, crudities, and insults. So put off by
    >>> this response, the original poster never plans on touching Linux again.

    > Hadron?
    >
    >> Which thread please? Don't see why I should spend ages hunting for it.
    >> At a shrewd guess, newbie my foot - it would seem that '7' 's troll-o-
    >> meter went off the dial. A *real* newbie would have posted to a more apt
    >> group anyway. Looks like Flatfish and his mates have started a new nym.

    > Yep, a crop of socks.

    Pathetic isn't it.

    --
    Though I didn't see any of them.

  6. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    * peterwn peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Jun 15, 12:03 pm, trufe Hirts wrote:
    >
    >> Foul mouthed 7, struck again today. Upon reading post of Linux newbie
    >> trying to solicit a little help with his Linux installation, 7 erupted
    >> into a raging anger, and fired off a reply full of four letter words,
    >> crudities, and insults. So put off by this response, the original poster
    >> never plans on touching Linux again.

    Whaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaa.

    Cry little boy. Cry! Cry! You ain't ready for Linux! Cryyyyyyyy!

    > A *real* newbie would have posted to a more apt group anyway.
    >
    > Looks like Flatfish and his mates have started a new nym.

    And yet another "I'm a poor newbie -- rape me" troll.

    --
    Does the e-mail say it's about 'enlargement' -- that might be spam.
    -- Bill Gates, BBC News (24 January 2004)

  7. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> peterwn wrote:
    >>
    >>> Which thread please? Don't see why I should spend ages hunting for
    >>> it. At a shrewd guess, newbie my foot - it would seem that '7' 's
    >>> troll-o- meter went off the dial. A *real* newbie would have posted to
    >>> a more apt group anyway. Looks like Flatfish and his mates have
    >>> started a new nym.

    >> Yep, a crop of socks.

    > It reads like the raylopez troll.

    Doesn't matter. both are idiots.

    --
    HPT

  8. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    Linonut writes:

    > * peterwn peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Jun 15, 12:03 pm, trufe Hirts wrote:
    >>
    >>> Foul mouthed 7, struck again today. Upon reading post of Linux newbie
    >>> trying to solicit a little help with his Linux installation, 7 erupted
    >>> into a raging anger, and fired off a reply full of four letter words,
    >>> crudities, and insults. So put off by this response, the original poster
    >>> never plans on touching Linux again.

    > Whaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaa.
    >
    > Cry little boy. Cry! Cry! You ain't ready for Linux! Cryyyyyyyy!
    >
    >> A *real* newbie would have posted to a more apt group anyway.
    >>
    >> Looks like Flatfish and his mates have started a new nym.

    > And yet another "I'm a poor newbie -- rape me" troll.

    First Liarnut wants to clean our "pee-pees" and now he is fantasising
    about newbies bringing rape onto themselves.

    The "qwality" of advocacy here is getting worse.

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  9. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    On Jun 16, 2:40 am, "Cyanocobalamine-Hydrocobamine-derivaat-
    injectiecyclus-met-zaagtandvormige B12-lijn"
    > --
    > Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    So it is a matter of pulling the chain and flushing these trolls down
    the dunny?

  10. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    peterwn wrote:
    > "Cyanoclogwogamine-Hydrotrollamine-derivaat-
    > nymthiefcyclus-met-zaagtanoballs B12-kuttelikkertje wrote:
    >
    > So it is a matter of pulling the chain and flushing these trolls down
    > the dunny?

    Linux cleans Windows slopware competition 2-plys and all:

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/

    Only Ubuntu left standing, as Flash vuln fells Vista in Pwn2Own
    hacking contest

    Contestant overcomes bout of 'hacktile dysfunction'
    By Dan Goodin in Vancouver → More by this author
    Published Saturday 29th March 2008 21:27 GMT

    CanSecWest A laptop running a fully patched version of
    Microsoft's Vista operating system was the second and final
    machine to fall in a hacking contest that pitted the security of
    Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux. With both a Windows and Mac
    machine felled, only the Linux box remained standing following
    the three-day competition.
    Troll flushing is an added benefit.

    --
    HPT

  11. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    William Poaster espoused:
    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 21:27:23 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> peterwn wrote:

    >> Hadron?
    >>
    >>> Which thread please? Don't see why I should spend ages hunting for it.
    >>> At a shrewd guess, newbie my foot - it would seem that '7' 's troll-o-
    >>> meter went off the dial. A *real* newbie would have posted to a more apt
    >>> group anyway. Looks like Flatfish and his mates have started a new nym.

    >> Yep, a crop of socks.

    > Pathetic isn't it.

    And so so predictable. It always amazes me how these "newbies" find cola
    at all, and then, having found it (and presumably all the other linux
    groups), start posting here for help. Gary's one's are almost the most
    suspicious, particularly the female nyms "I've heard about cola" - really?
    From whom?

    I very much doubt that any real newbie these days would likely even know
    what usenet is. They all use the web. For everything.

  12. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:05:13 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > William Poaster espoused:

    >>> Hadron?

    >>> Yep, a crop of socks.

    >> Pathetic isn't it.
    >>

    > And so so predictable. It always amazes me how these "newbies" find cola
    > at all, and then, having found it (and presumably all the other linux
    > groups), start posting here for help. Gary's one's are almost the most
    > suspicious, particularly the female nyms "I've heard about cola" - really?
    > From whom?

    > I very much doubt that any real newbie these days would likely even know
    > what usenet is. They all use the web. For everything.

    I saw a classic case of one newbie who used googlegroups, & though that
    *was* Usenet. In reply to somone, the pisswit said:
    "As you f**kwits keep reminding me, YOU are on usenet. The rest of the
    millions upon millions of us real world readers are on the internet."

  13. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    William Poaster wrote:

    > I saw a classic case of one newbie who used googlegroups, & though that
    > *was* Usenet. In reply to somone, the pisswit said: "As you f**kwits
    > keep reminding me, YOU are on usenet. The rest of the millions upon
    > millions of us real world readers are on the internet."

    Has Gary, Hadron, Ezekiel or DFS heard? Pro'ly not.

    --
    HPT

  14. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >> I saw a classic case of one newbie who used googlegroups, & though that
    >> *was* Usenet. In reply to somone, the pisswit said: "As you f**kwits
    >> keep reminding me, YOU are on usenet. The rest of the millions upon
    >> millions of us real world readers are on the internet."

    > Has Gary, Hadron, Ezekiel or DFS heard? Pro'ly not.

    You do not know what Willy is (incorrectly) claiming do you? Still,
    don't let the "me tooing" diminish because since when was any knowledge
    required for you to start mouthing off?

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our

  15. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:28:39 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I saw a classic case of one newbie who used googlegroups, & though that
    >>> *was* Usenet. In reply to somone, the pisswit said: "As you f**kwits
    >>> keep reminding me, YOU are on usenet. The rest of the millions upon
    >>> millions of us real world readers are on the internet."

    >> Has Gary, Hadron, Ezekiel or DFS heard? Pro'ly not.

    > You do not know what Willy is (incorrectly) claiming do you? Still,
    > don't let the "me tooing" diminish because since when was any knowledge
    > required for you to start mouthing off?

    One look by a noob at the front page for this group via Google groups and
    he will run because it looks just like a SPAM trap.

    Dozens of messages from Spamowitz most of which have no replies.

    It just looks like anything but a discussion group.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  16. Re: 7 was rude to newbie

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:28:39 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:

    >>> Has Gary, Hadron, Ezekiel or DFS heard? Pro'ly not.

    >> You do not know what Willy is (incorrectly) claiming do you? Still,
    >> don't let the "me tooing" diminish because since when was any knowledge
    >> required for you to start mouthing off?

    > One look by a noob at the front page for this group via Google groups and
    > he will run because it looks just like a SPAM trap.
    >
    > Dozens of messages from Spamowitz most of which have no replies.
    >
    > It just looks like anything but a discussion group.

    Bingo!

    --
    I really think XP is going to be a flop. Between the glut of hardware out
    there (and slowing down of purchasing), and the fact that W2K is