too many linux versions - Linux

This is a discussion on too many linux versions - Linux ; In Linux la la land:- Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install software packages, and with config files in one version in a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

  1. too many linux versions

    In Linux la la land:-

    Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    software packages, and with config files in one version in a totally
    different place in another, and also config files incompatible from one
    distribution to another. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    software and get into a loop of dependency failure. Isn't it all
    fantastic, I love my freedom me.

    Everyone elses vision of reality:-

    Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    the trash. realisation - I may hate Microsoft, but Windows not so bad
    after all, it does what I want.

    Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an illusion.

  2. Re: too many linux versions

    * trufe Hirts peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    > different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    > software packages, and with config files in one version in a totally
    > different place in another, and also config files incompatible from one
    > distribution to another. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    > software and get into a loop of dependency failure. Isn't it all
    > fantastic, I love my freedom me.
    >
    > Everyone elses vision of reality:-
    >
    > Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    > the trash. realisation - I may hate Microsoft, but Windows not so bad
    > after all, it does what I want.
    >
    > Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an illusion.

    You're as goddam dumb as Hadron.

    --
    Gates is the ultimate programming machine. He believes everything can be
    defined, examined, reduced to essentials, and rearranged into a logical

  3. Re: too many linux versions

    Linonut writes:

    > * trufe Hirts peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    >> different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    >> software packages, and with config files in one version in a totally
    >> different place in another, and also config files incompatible from one
    >> distribution to another. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    >> software and get into a loop of dependency failure. Isn't it all
    >> fantastic, I love my freedom me.
    >>
    >> Everyone elses vision of reality:-
    >>
    >> Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    >> the trash. realisation - I may hate Microsoft, but Windows not so bad
    >> after all, it does what I want.
    >>
    >> Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an illusion.

    > You're as goddam dumb as Hadron.

    So much for the two faced liar, hypocrite and fraud Liarnut's "Hadron
    who?" claims!

    --
    It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops.

  4. Re: too many linux versions

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 06:12:40 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * trufe Hirts peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    >>> different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    >>> software packages, and with config files in one version in a totally
    >>> different place in another, and also config files incompatible from one
    >>> distribution to another. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    >>> software and get into a loop of dependency failure. Isn't it all
    >>> fantastic, I love my freedom me.
    >>>
    >>> Everyone elses vision of reality:-
    >>>
    >>> Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    >>> the trash. realisation - I may hate Microsoft, but Windows not so bad
    >>> after all, it does what I want.
    >>>
    >>> Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an illusion.

    >> You're as goddam dumb as Hadron.

    > So much for the two faced liar, hypocrite and fraud Liarnut's "Hadron
    > who?" claims!

    These days Linonut gets caught almost as much as HPT.
    They sure don't grow them too smart in COLA.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: too many linux versions

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote some crap that I
    ignored.

    *plonk*

  6. Re: too many linux versions

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:10:32 GMT, alt wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote some crap that I
    > ignored.
    >
    > *plonk*

    Sometimes Donovan, the truth hurts.
    The longer you Linux loons ignore the fact that the Linux desktop is
    literally on life support, the longer nothing will ever get fixed.

    The key to Linux adoption on the desktop is not 500 different
    distributions, it's a single distribution with maybe a couple of
    sub-versions for specific tasks like low resource systems or firewall in
    box etc.

    The point is with focus, quality will go up, innovation will flourish and
    possibly interest in desktop Linux might increase.

    The current distribution of the day method is just not working as evidenced
    by a 0.6 percent market share for desktop Linux.
    A figure that has not changed in years.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: too many linux versions

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer trufe Hirts wrote on behalf of Half
    Wits from Micoshaft Crocporation:

    > In Linux la la land:-
    >
    > Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    > different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    > software packages, and with config files in one version in a totally
    > different place in another, and also config files incompatible from one
    > distribution to another. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    > software and get into a loop of dependency failure. Isn't it all
    > fantastic, I love my freedom me.
    >
    > Everyone elses vision of reality:-
    >
    > Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    > the trash. realisation - I may hate Microsoft, but Windows not so bad
    > after all, it does what I want.
    >
    > Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an
    > illusion.

    In WINDUMMY la la land:-

    Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    software packages, and with config files in one version in the right
    relevant place for each version, and also config files incompatible with
    each distribution. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    software and get into resolution of every failure. Isn't it all
    fantastic, I love my freedom me. That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded
    Linux gadgets PER DAY and WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la.

    Everyone elses vision of WINDUMMY reality:-

    Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    the trash. realisation - I hate Micoshaft because they are shafting my
    project but Linux not so bad after all, it does what I want.

    Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an illusion.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  8. Re: too many linux versions

    7 wrote:

    > Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    > different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    > software packages,

    It's nice if you're into tweaking and tinkering around with your Linux toy
    system, and rarely getting any real work done.

    > and with config files in one version in the right
    > relevant place for each version,
    > and also config files incompatible
    > with each distribution.

    It's sooo much fun to waste your life on Linux!

    > Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    > software and get into resolution of every failure.

    Linux: low price, best kualitee

    > Isn't it all fantastic, I love my freedom me.

    You love your free of cost, freeloader.

    > That is why Linux sells 3 million
    > embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY

    Where's the press release?

    > Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment.

    Of course. That's what happens when the Linux reality doesn't come close to
    the myth:

    The myths:
    "Linux just works"
    "Ubuntu is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers" www.ubuntu.com

    The reality: An incredible number of bull**** problems, such as those found
    on http://ubuntuforums.org/

    > Then chuck the CD into the trash.

    But you sure haven't chucked your Windows CDs into the trash, have you
    little Windows-using fraud? And you never will.

    > realisation - I hate Micoshaft because they are shafting my
    > project but Linux not so bad after all, it does what I want.
    >
    > Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an
    > illusion.
    >
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    Signed, 7
    A Lifelong Windows Developer
    Pretend Linux "Advocate"
    Obsessive Freeloader
    Failed Promoter Of Proprietary, Patented Schemes
    All Around Fraud And Hypocrite

  9. Re: too many linux versions

    7 wrote:

    > That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded
    > Linux gadgets PER DAY and WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la.

    I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    success. Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,
    where Linux totally failed. Not so well done, eh!

  10. Re: too many linux versions

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    Doofy (a virus prone WINDUMMY OE user) will now prove he doesn't
    support Micoshaft proprietory products by

    1. Deleting Micoshaft proprietory products from his PC
    2. Installing Linux software ( http://www.livecdlist.com )
    3. and then write praises for Linux.

    I'm holding my breath for as long as I can and turning blue.
    Hurry up doofy!
    The color code is 0x0000FF.

  11. Re: too many linux versions

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    > from Micoshaft Corporation:

    You snipped and ran and refused to answer? Say it ain't so, little wacko!

    > Doofy (a virus prone WINDUMMY OE user) will now prove he doesn't
    > support Micoshaft proprietory products by
    >
    > 1. Deleting Micoshaft proprietory products from his PC

    I only have

    MS Windows Server 2003
    MS Excel 2000
    MS Powerpoint 2000
    MS Word 2000
    MS Access 2003
    MS Outlook 2003
    MS SQL Server 2005 Dev Edition
    MS Motocross Madness 2
    MS Virtual PC 2007
    MS VB Express 2008
    MS Orca
    MS PowerShell
    MS Worldwide Telescope

    on this machine.

    > 2. Installing Linux software ( http://www.livecdlist.com )

    I also have installed:

    VirtualBox: Mandriva Free 2008
    VirtualBox: Sabayon 3.4
    Wubi: Xubuntu 7.04

    > 3. and then write praises for Linux.

    I've written many more praises for Linux than you have for Windows, despite
    the fact that I don't use Linux except for laughs but you use Windows to
    make your living.

    You're a sad little hypocrite, fella.

    > I'm holding my breath for as long as I can and turning blue.

    We can only hope it's a nice Windows blue...

    > Hurry up doofy!
    > The color code is 0x0000FF.

    Try sudo rm -rf / for instant relief.

    Or take your Linux frustrations out on women by killing them or
    discriminating against them: the Linux "community" is good at that.

  12. Re: too many linux versions

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:15:58 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:10:32 GMT, alt wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote some crap that I
    >> ignored.
    >>
    >> *plonk*

    > Sometimes Donovan, the truth hurts.
    > The longer you Linux loons ignore the fact that the Linux desktop is
    > literally on life support, the longer nothing will ever get fixed.

    Maybe you should tell Red Hat and Novell that their products are on life
    support. I am sure they will be suprised.

    > The key to Linux adoption on the desktop is not 500 different
    > distributions, it's a single distribution with maybe a couple of
    > sub-versions for specific tasks like low resource systems or firewall in
    > box etc.

    If you want a single vendor proprietary OS, you can go with Microsoft or
    Apple.

    > The point is with focus, quality will go up, innovation will flourish
    > and possibly interest in desktop Linux might increase.
    >
    > The current distribution of the day method is just not working as
    > evidenced by a 0.6 percent market share for desktop Linux. A figure that
    > has not changed in years.

    Not changed in years? By you and your buddies' own reference, Linux usage
    has gone from .45%-ish to .68% in less than a year.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: too many linux versions

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:15:58 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:10:32 GMT, alt wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote some crap that I
    >>> ignored.
    >>>
    >>> *plonk*

    >> Sometimes Donovan, the truth hurts.
    >> The longer you Linux loons ignore the fact that the Linux desktop is
    >> literally on life support, the longer nothing will ever get fixed.

    > Maybe you should tell Red Hat and Novell that their products are on life
    > support. I am sure they will be suprised.

    Seriously Rick, do you actually follow the news?

  14. Re: too many linux versions

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:27:02 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >

    >> That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY and
    >> WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la.

    > I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    > success. Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,
    > where Linux totally failed.

    It hasn't failed at all.

    > Not so well done, eh!

    Windows? no. OSS? Yes.

    BTW, your an idiot.

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: too many linux versions

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:15:28 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    >>> different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    >>> software packages,

    >> It's nice if you're into tweaking and tinkering around with your Linux
    >> toy system,

    > Toys? Like Supercomputer clusters? OR Render farms?

    Rick, you use Linux for none of that. We already know your needs consist
    of using a second rate mail and news client and a music player which can
    cope with your one Wham! album.

    >> and rarely getting any real work done.

    > ... like combat simulations? Or weather forecasting? Or customer
    > management? Or relational database management? or word processing?

    And which of these do not work on Windows too?

  16. Re: too many linux versions

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:27:02 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>

    >>> That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY and
    >>> WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la.

    >> I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    >> success. Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,
    >> where Linux totally failed.

    > It hasn't failed at all.
    >
    >> Not so well done, eh!

    > Windows? no. OSS? Yes.
    >
    > BTW, your an idiot.

    LOL, Rick never fails.

    It's "You're an idiot".

    LOL! Perfect .sig for todays bit of "Rick Correction".

    --
    "Off the top of my head, I can't tell you which sites. They are ones that
    throw up some kind of dialog, I change the user agent and look at them

  17. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:30:03 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >>> I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    >>> success. Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,
    >>> where Linux totally failed.

    >> It hasn't failed at all.
    >>
    >>> Not so well done, eh!

    >> Windows? no. OSS? Yes.
    >>
    >> BTW, your an idiot.

    > LOL, Rick never fails.
    >
    > It's "You're an idiot".
    >
    > LOL! Perfect .sig for todays bit of "Rick Correction".

    .... and you're a lying idiot...
    --
    Rick

  18. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:28:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >>> It's nice if you're into tweaking and tinkering around with your Linux
    >>> toy system,

    >> Toys? Like Supercomputer clusters? OR Render farms?

    > Rick, you use Linux for none of that.

    No, I don't. So what? Linux is used on supercomputer clusters and render
    farms.

    > We already know your needs consist
    > of using a second rate mail and news client and a music player which can
    > cope with your one Wham! album.

    We already know you're a lying idiot. Wham.

    >>> and rarely getting any real work done.

    >> ... like combat simulations? Or weather forecasting? Or customer
    >> management? Or relational database management? or word processing?

    > And which of these do not work on Windows too?

    What does it matter if they run on Windows, too? They run on Linux.
    "real" work is done with Linux every day.

    --
    Rick

  19. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:16:10 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >>> Sometimes Donovan, the truth hurts.
    >>> The longer you Linux loons ignore the fact that the Linux desktop is
    >>> literally on life support, the longer nothing will ever get fixed.

    >> Maybe you should tell Red Hat and Novell that their products are on
    >> life support. I am sure they will be suprised.

    > Seriously Rick, do you actually follow the news?

    Seriously, Hadron, maybe you should tell Red Hat and Novell that their
    products are on life support.

    --
    Rick

  20. Re: too many linux versions

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    >> from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > You snipped and ran and refused to answer? Say it ain't so, little wacko!

    Its damn frustrating isn't it doofu to have your WINDUMMY advocacy
    taken lightly in a Linux newsgroup?

    Say it ain't so, little wacki!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast