too many linux versions - Linux

This is a discussion on too many linux versions - Linux ; trufe Hirts wrote: > 7 wrote: > > > >> That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded >> Linux gadgets PER DAY and WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la. > > I'm talking about desktop OS ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 38 of 38

  1. Re: too many linux versions

    trufe Hirts wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >

    >> That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded
    >> Linux gadgets PER DAY and WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la.

    > I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    > success.

    Some? Its 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    > Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,

    Define desktop.

    > where Linux totally failed. Not so well done, eh!

    Define failure.

    In terms of raw speed, Linux desktop is the fastest of all OSes.
    In terms of application speeds, Linux desktops always wins.
    That is success!!

    In terms of open source and access to source code,
    again Linux desktop is a success.

    Linux adoption rate is 1 million new Linux desktops per week.
    That sure sounds like success to me again.

  2. Re: too many linux versions

    7 writes:

    > trufe Hirts wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>

    >>> That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded
    >>> Linux gadgets PER DAY and WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la.

    >> I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    >> success.

    > Some? Its 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.
    >
    >> Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,

    > Define desktop.
    >
    >> where Linux totally failed. Not so well done, eh!

    > Define failure.

    You need to ask Rick. Only recently he asked what a GUI was. He's all
    genned up now though!

  3. Re: too many linux versions

    7 wrote:
    > trufe Hirts wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>

    >>> That is why Linux sells 3 million embedded
    >>> Linux gadgets PER DAY and WINDUMMIES in their la la land go la la.

    >> I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    >> success.

    > Some? Its 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    You want to show some figures here. You saying doesn't make it so.
    You're not important. Don't you know that you are not important?

    >> Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,

    > Define desktop.

    You define it.

    >> where Linux totally failed. Not so well done, eh!

    > Define failure.

    You define failure.

    > In terms of raw speed, Linux desktop is the fastest of all OSes.
    > In terms of application speeds, Linux desktops always wins.
    > That is success!!

    It's according to you and your take on things -- your spin.

    > In terms of open source and access to source code,
    > again Linux desktop is a success.

    Oh happy days

    > Linux adoption rate is 1 million new Linux desktops per week.

    You keep saying this and you have been saying it for a long time, years.
    According to your retarded posts, everyone should be using Linux by now.

    Where are the numbers (on paper from a honest source) to back you up.

    > That sure sounds like success to me again.

    If you took a dump in the toilet, that would be a success for you too,
    because you keep trying to dump the same old crap.

  4. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 02:20:51 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > 7 writes:
    >
    >> trufe Hirts wrote:

    >>> I'm talking about desktop OS dummy. Embedded Linux has had some
    >>> success.

    >> Some? Its 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.
    >>
    >>> Well done for that, but desktop is the suject of the post,

    >> Define desktop.
    >>
    >>> where Linux totally failed. Not so well done, eh!

    >> Define failure.

    > You need to ask Rick. Only recently he asked what a GUI was. He's all
    > genned up now though!

    Yup.. that's you, stupid and dishonest.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: too many linux versions

    "Rick" stated in post
    e9KdnTkRZazwCMjVnZ2dnUVZ_qbinZ2d@supernews.com on 6/15/08 3:19 PM:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:15:28 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    >>> different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    >>> software packages,

    >> It's nice if you're into tweaking and tinkering around with your Linux
    >> toy system,

    > Toys? Like Supercomputer clusters? OR Render farms?

    If the context is general user systems - desktops - you are simply far off
    topic.

    Again.

    --
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please
    everyone. -- Bill Cosby

  6. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:28:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >>> It's nice if you're into tweaking and tinkering around with your Linux
    >>> toy system,

    >> Toys? Like Supercomputer clusters? OR Render farms?

    > Rick, you use Linux for none of that. We already know your needs consist
    > of using a second rate mail and news client and a music player which can
    > cope with your one Wham! album.

    Wake me up before I go go.....!
    I hate that song.

    >>> and rarely getting any real work done.

    >> ... like combat simulations? Or weather forecasting? Or customer
    >> management? Or relational database management? or word processing?

    > And which of these do not work on Windows too?

    Exactly.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: too many linux versions

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:28:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    >> Rick, you use Linux for none of that. We already know your needs
    >> consist of using a second rate mail and news client and a music
    >> player which can cope with your one Wham! album.

    hahaha!!!

    Picturing big, lumbering (p)Rick trying to sing along to Wham! Rap.

    > Wake me up before I go go.....!
    > I hate that song.

    Great pop song! Very catchy - see how well it stuck with you? I bet you'd
    give your left nut/breast to have written it (royalties and all).

    And George Michael is (or was) a fantastic artist. He composes and arranges
    and writes songs and used to have an absolutely beautiful voice. It's still
    good, but not strong and rangey like 15 years ago.

  8. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 01:26:11 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:28:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    >>> Rick, you use Linux for none of that. We already know your needs
    >>> consist of using a second rate mail and news client and a music
    >>> player which can cope with your one Wham! album.

    > hahaha!!!
    >
    > Picturing big, lumbering (p)Rick trying to sing along to Wham! Rap.
    >

    >> Wake me up before I go go.....!
    >> I hate that song.

    > Great pop song! Very catchy - see how well it stuck with you? I bet you'd
    > give your left nut/breast to have written it (royalties and all).
    >
    > And George Michael is (or was) a fantastic artist. He composes and arranges
    > and writes songs and used to have an absolutely beautiful voice. It's still
    > good, but not strong and rangey like 15 years ago.

    Alright, I'll admit it's a catchy tune and Geroge Michael had some good
    stuff.
    Just don't tell my musician friends.
    Too many times playing it in wedding bands and on Karaoke CDs has left me
    with a strong dislike for certain tunes.

    Here is a short list:

    We've Only Just Begun.
    Wind Beneath My Wings.
    Anything Kenny G does.
    Anything Michael Bolton does.
    The Electric Slide.
    Limbo
    Stairway to heaven.
    The Wedding Song
    Fur Elise

    ....and my all time most hated song........

    "You Light Up My Life".......

    Followed closely by Tomorrow from Annie which back in the 70's I must have
    played 8 million times when I was moonlighting as rehearsal/audition
    pianist for shows in production.
    At one time I think every snot nosed little kid used that tune as their
    audition piece. I even had a list of replies when the stage mother would
    ask me how her little "Susie" did.

    1. Madam, your daughter's singing brings tears to my eyes.
    2. I've never heard it chanted quite like that before.
    3. Your daughter has the gift of being able to sing in several keys at
    once.
    4. Did your daughter study with Streisand? (She should).
    5. The Steinway is a little out of tune today. It's not your daughter.
    6 Maybe she can get a part in Mumanshanz (a mime show running on Broadway
    at the time. ie:no speaking or singing.) I can't spell it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 01:17:14 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:28:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    >>> Toys? Like Supercomputer clusters? OR Render farms?

    >> Rick, you use Linux for none of that. We already know your needs
    >> consist of using a second rate mail and news client and a music player
    >> which can cope with your one Wham! album.

    > Wake me up before I go go.....!
    > I hate that song.

    >>> ... like combat simulations? Or weather forecasting? Or customer
    >>> management? Or relational database management? or word processing?

    >> And which of these do not work on Windows too?

    > Exactly.

    Exactly what? So what if all of that works on Windows? It works on Linux
    systems.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: too many linux versions

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 01:26:11 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:28:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    >>> Rick, you use Linux for none of that. We already know your needs
    >>> consist of using a second rate mail and news client and a music player
    >>> which can cope with your one Wham! album.

    > hahaha!!!
    >
    > Picturing big, lumbering (p)Rick trying to sing along to Wham! Rap.

    hahaha!!!Picturing big, lumbering Dumb ****ing **** trying to breathe
    with his head up his ass.

    (snip)
    --
    Rick

  11. Re: too many linux versions

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 01:26:11 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >> hahaha!!!
    >>
    >> Picturing big, lumbering (p)Rick trying to sing along to Wham! Rap.
    >>

    >>> Wake me up before I go go.....!
    >>> I hate that song.

    >> Great pop song! Very catchy - see how well it stuck with you? I
    >> bet you'd give your left nut/breast to have written it (royalties
    >> and all).
    >>
    >> And George Michael is (or was) a fantastic artist. He composes and
    >> arranges and writes songs and used to have an absolutely beautiful
    >> voice. It's still good, but not strong and rangey like 15 years ago.

    > Alright, I'll admit it's a catchy tune and Geroge Michael had some
    > good stuff.
    > Just don't tell my musician friends.
    > Too many times playing it in wedding bands and on Karaoke CDs has
    > left me with a strong dislike for certain tunes.
    >
    > Here is a short list:
    >
    > We've Only Just Begun.
    > Wind Beneath My Wings.
    > Anything Kenny G does.
    > Anything Michael Bolton does.

    I was playing golf at North Fulton municipal course the same summer evening
    he was performing at the nearby outdoor Chastain Amphitheater in suburban
    Atlanta. You could hear his voice from practically a half-mile away.
    Amazing power.

    > The Electric Slide.
    > Limbo
    > Stairway to heaven.
    > The Wedding Song
    > Fur Elise

    > ...and my all time most hated song........
    >
    > "You Light Up My Life".......
    >
    > Followed closely by Tomorrow from Annie which back in the 70's I must
    > have played 8 million times when I was moonlighting as
    > rehearsal/audition pianist for shows in production.
    > At one time I think every snot nosed little kid used that tune as
    > their audition piece. I even had a list of replies when the stage
    > mother would ask me how her little "Susie" did.
    >
    > 1. Madam, your daughter's singing brings tears to my eyes.
    > 2. I've never heard it chanted quite like that before.
    > 3. Your daughter has the gift of being able to sing in several keys at
    > once.
    > 4. Did your daughter study with Streisand? (She should).
    > 5. The Steinway is a little out of tune today. It's not your daughter.
    > 6 Maybe she can get a part in Mumanshanz (a mime show running on
    > Broadway at the time. ie:no speaking or singing.) I can't spell it.

    LMAO!

  12. Re: too many linux versions

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, trufe Hirts

    wrote
    on Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100
    :

    > In Linux la la land:-
    >
    > Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    > different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    > software packages, and with config files in one version in a totally
    > different place in another, and also config files incompatible from one
    > distribution to another. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    > software and get into a loop of dependency failure. Isn't it all
    > fantastic, I love my freedom me.
    >
    > Everyone elses vision of reality:-
    >
    > Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    > the trash. realisation - I may hate Microsoft, but Windows not so bad
    > after all, it does what I want.
    >
    > Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an illusion.

    OK. How do we ensure that there's only one distro, and only one
    installation method? Give us something to work with here... ;-)

    Even Vista has 9 versions (if one counts N and Starter).

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #12995733:
    bool f(bool g, bool h) { if(g) h = true; else h = false; return h;}

  13. Re: too many linux versions

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:8jc5k.9909$E41.6440@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    > Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer trufe Hirts wrote on behalf of Half
    > Wits from Micoshaft Crocporation:
    >

    >> In Linux la la land:-
    >>
    >> Isn't it wonderful to have soo many distros of Linux, with so many
    >> different ways to install, and soo many different ways to install
    >> software packages, and with config files in one version in a totally
    >> different place in another, and also config files incompatible from one
    >> distribution to another. Isn't it great to install a new piece of
    >> software and get into a loop of dependency failure. Isn't it all
    >> fantastic, I love my freedom me.
    >>
    >> Everyone elses vision of reality:-
    >>
    >> Confusion, frustration, anger, disalusionment. Then chuck the CD into
    >> the trash. realisation - I may hate Microsoft, but Windows not so bad
    >> after all, it does what I want.
    >>
    >> Truth hurts, get over it, cure yourself of the freedom, its all an
    >> illusion.

    > In WINDUMMY

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  14. Re: too many linux versions

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:TYe5k.10050$E41.8765@text.news.virginmedia.co m...
    > Micoshaft

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  15. Re: too many linux versions

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:O%g5k.10147$E41.3149@text.news.virginmedia.co m...
    > Micoshaft fraudster

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  16. Re: too many linux versions

    alt wrote:

    >On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote some crap that I
    >ignored.
    >
    >*plonk*

    I'm not even bothering to plonk the "truth hurts" troll any longer.
    Easy-enough to delete/ignore his new nym(s).

  17. Re: too many linux versions

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:09:33 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > alt wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote some crap that I
    >>ignored.
    >>
    >>*plonk*

    > I'm not even bothering to plonk the "truth hurts" troll any longer.
    > Easy-enough to delete/ignore his new nym(s).

    I just like to make sure that there's a "google record".

  18. Re: too many linux versions

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:17:49 GMT, alt wrote:

    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:09:33 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> alt wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:38 +0100, trufe Hirts wrote some crap that I
    >>>ignored.
    >>>
    >>>*plonk*

    >> I'm not even bothering to plonk the "truth hurts" troll any longer.
    >> Easy-enough to delete/ignore his new nym(s).

    > I just like to make sure that there's a "google record".

    Yet another Linux loon interesting in seeding Google.
    You guys are too much, eh Donovan?