[News] [Rival] Microsoft the Biggest Loser After the Yahoo Mistake - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft the Biggest Loser After the Yahoo Mistake

    Google-Yahoo deal good news for IM, but...

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A minor sidelight in the Yahoo-Google search ad deal announced Thursday is
    | that the two companies "agreed to enable interoperability between their
    | respective instant-messaging services, bringing easier and broader
    | communication to users," the companies said. They're not sharing further
    | details at this stage, but it's safe to bet that means people on Yahoo's IM
    | network will be able to chat with those on Google's and vice-versa.
    `----

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-99...=2547-1_3-0-20

    Tactlessly enough, Microsoft lost tens of billions in value [1] by approaching
    Yahoo and it made Google _even stronger_ [2] by marrying it with Yahoo at the
    end. What a colossal mistake. It got completely distracted [3].

    Microsoft officially unhappy with Yahoo-Google deal

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There have been a lot of stories since the Google-Yahoo deal was announced
    | Thursday saying that Microsoft would be mounting a massive campaign to block
    | the deal. But until now, I haven't seen Microsoft itself saying much about
    | the antitrust implications of the actual deal.
    `----

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-99...=2547-1_3-0-20

    _____
    [1] Is Microsoft Aura Fading?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Yesterday's early relief rally reversed, and Microsoft's value has now fallen
    | by more than $30 billion since it unveiled its bid for Yahoo on February 1.
    `---- Â* Â* Â* Â*

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1210...googlenews_wsj

    [2] Yahoo-Microsoft Battle Bolsters Google

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "We find this to be a very advantageous situation for Google," Cantor
    | Fitzgerald analyst Derek Brown said Thursday. "The longer this gets dragged
    | out, the better for Google." Â*
    `----

    [3] Microsoft earnings post-mortem: The cash cows quiver

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I can’t help but wonder if the lackluster Windows/Office results also can be
    | attributed to Microsoft brass’s complete and crazy obsession with Google (and
    | taking over Yahoo) has resulted in no one minding the Windows store. Kevin
    | Johnson, the head of Microsoft’s Platforms & Services division seems to be so
    | laser-focused on the online-ad business these days that he almost seems to
    | have forgotten Microsoft is still in the software business, too. Â* Â*
    |
    | Microsoft execs’ claims about walking away from the Yahoo deal are nothing
    | more than bluster. A protracted hostile takeover bid is just going to
    | distract not just employees in Microsoft’s online services business, but
    | company management, too. It’s not a pretty picture. Â*
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1362

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft the Biggest Loser After the Yahoo Mistake

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Tactlessly enough, Microsoft lost tens of billions in value [1] by
    > approaching Yahoo and it made Google _even stronger_ [2] by marrying it
    > with Yahoo at the end. What a colossal mistake. It got completely
    > distracted [3].
    >
    > Microsoft officially unhappy with Yahoo-Google deal
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | There have been a lot of stories since the Google-Yahoo deal was
    > | announced Thursday saying that Microsoft would be mounting a massive
    > | campaign to block the deal. But until now, I haven't seen Microsoft
    > | itself saying much about the antitrust implications of the actual deal.
    > `----

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-99...=2547-1_3-0-20

    This is so funny that it's stupid. Let microsoft take their ball and go home
    crying... no one really cares anymore. Yahoo! Lives on and is now
    untouchable... thanks to microsoft.

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

+ Reply to Thread