[News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth - Linux

  1. [News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth

    Fonality Records 15 Quarters of High Growth, Leads Open Source Telephony Market

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fonality(R), the leading provider of open source business communications
    | systems, announced today that the first quarter of 2008 marked its fifteenth
    | consecutive quarter of high growth, and that the company has doubled in size
    | each year since its founding in 2004.
    `----

    http://www.centredaily.com/business/...ry/654496.html

    Also new:

    VARs Race To The Midmarket

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Melillo Consulting, with annual revenue of about $75 million, recently signed
    | up as a partner with open source network software vendor GroundWork Open
    | Source Inc., San Francisco, as a way to extend its reach into midmarket
    | accounts.
    `----

    http://www.crn.com/it-channel/208403839

    Compiere launches open source forum

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Open source business applications provider Compiere has launched the Compiere
    | Community Wiki to enable collaboration and information sharing across its
    | open source community.
    `----

    http://www.cbronline.com/article_new...F-DA33E2B72FA5

    Recent:

    Fonality Harnesses Open Source Telephony for SMBs

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | “Asterisk consists of 200,000 lines of code,” says Lyman. “We wrote 1.3
    | million lines of code. It wasn’t an overnight coding job, if you know what I
    | mean. Just to put it in perspective of just how ‘thin’ Asterisk is compared
    | to the code we had to write, we were 25 engineers and four years into writing
    | application code, and we probably had twice as many people working on our
    | product as were working on Asterisk itself. People who understand software
    | know that it’s exponentially hard to make things simple in software. Asterisk
    | is written in C, and a lot of our code is written in web code, so that’s
    | actually written in PERL and HTML. * * * *
    `----

    http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topi...phony-smbs.htm
    http://tinyurl.com/35p2ul

    Related:

    Fonality, Trixbox, and is Microsoft Asleep at the Wheel Again?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So why is this big news? Trixbox is the distribution for telephony on
    | Linux today. They have put together a vertical Linux distribution
    | dedicated to telephony. It combines Asterisk with a web based
    | interface backed by MySQL, integrated into the SugarCRM solution. As
    | Redhat today is the LAMP of the IT Enterprise and Web Framework,
    | (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP), Trixbox is the LAMP stack of the
    | Telephony market, Linux , Asterisk, MySQL, Perl/PHP.
    `----

    http://krow.livejournal.com/451870.html

    Open-Source VOIP Made Easy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Review: AsteriskNow GUI lowers barriers to entry and eases the
    | transition from testing to deployment. *
    `----

    Linux dominating VoIP devices?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
    | devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
    | VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
    | been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
    | development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 21:23:56 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Fonality Records 15 Quarters of High Growth, Leads Open Source Telephony Market
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Fonality(R), the leading provider of open source business communications
    >| systems, announced today that the first quarter of 2008 marked its fifteenth
    >| consecutive quarter of high growth, and that the company has doubled in size
    >| each year since its founding in 2004.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.centredaily.com/business/...ry/654496.html

    Unfortunately, Fonality has been being real pricks lately.

    They forked the FreePBX project so they could remove all references to
    FreePBX and take credit for it themselves. Further, employees of Fonality
    appear to be creating sock puppets on various forums and accusing all other
    projects of things like GPL violtions.

    http://www.freepbx.org/news/2008-06-...to-deceive-you

  3. Re: [News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth

    On 2008-06-14, Roy Schestowitz claimed:

    > Fonality Records 15 Quarters of High Growth, Leads Open Source Telephony Market
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Fonality(R), the leading provider of open source business communications
    >| systems, announced today that the first quarter of 2008 marked its fifteenth
    >| consecutive quarter of high growth, and that the company has doubled in size
    >| each year since its founding in 2004.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.centredaily.com/business/...ry/654496.html
    >
    > Also new:
    >
    > VARs Race To The Midmarket
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Melillo Consulting, with annual revenue of about $75 million, recently signed
    >| up as a partner with open source network software vendor GroundWork Open
    >| Source Inc., San Francisco, as a way to extend its reach into midmarket
    >| accounts.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.crn.com/it-channel/208403839
    >
    > Compiere launches open source forum
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Open source business applications provider Compiere has launched the Compiere
    >| Community Wiki to enable collaboration and information sharing across its
    >| open source community.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.cbronline.com/article_new...F-DA33E2B72FA5

    This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    (OK, I made my point.)

    --
    Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous.

  4. Re: [News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth

    ____/ Sinister Midget on Sunday 15 June 2008 00:22 : \____

    > On 2008-06-14, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >>
    >> Fonality Records 15 Quarters of High Growth, Leads Open Source Telephony
    >> Market
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Fonality(R), the leading provider of open source business communications
    >>| systems, announced today that the first quarter of 2008 marked its
    >>| fifteenth consecutive quarter of high growth, and that the company has
    >>| doubled in size each year since its founding in 2004.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.centredaily.com/business/...ry/654496.html
    >>
    >> Also new:
    >>
    >> VARs Race To The Midmarket
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Melillo Consulting, with annual revenue of about $75 million, recently
    >>| signed up as a partner with open source network software vendor GroundWork
    >>| Open Source Inc., San Francisco, as a way to extend its reach into
    >>| midmarket accounts.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.crn.com/it-channel/208403839
    >>
    >> Compiere launches open source forum
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Open source business applications provider Compiere has launched the
    >>| Compiere Community Wiki to enable collaboration and information sharing
    >>| across its open source community.
    >> `----

    http://www.cbronline.com/article_new...F-DA33E2B72FA5

    > This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    He's back?

    > (OK, I made my point.)

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    The folks on the Ubuntu CD cover need to apt-get shirt, not sudo fsck.
    09:20:03 up 61 days, 7:32, 6 users, load average: 2.22, 1.80, 1.53

  5. Re: [News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth

    On 2008-06-15, Roy Schestowitz claimed:

    > ____/ Sinister Midget on Sunday 15 June 2008 00:22 : \____

    >> This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    > He's back?

    Yeah. He made the stupid claim that most or all of your posts are
    anti-MS or other stuff unrelated to linux. I think he needs to read
    more of your posts from beginning to end to see the error in that
    thinking.

    --
    Windows: Proof that P.T. Barnum was right.

  6. Re: [News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth

    Sinister Midget espoused:
    > On 2008-06-15, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >>
    >> ____/ Sinister Midget on Sunday 15 June 2008 00:22 : \____

    >>> This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    >> He's back?

    > Yeah. He made the stupid claim that most or all of your posts are
    > anti-MS or other stuff unrelated to linux. I think he needs to read
    > more of your posts from beginning to end to see the error in that
    > thinking.

    More attempted daemonisation.

  7. Re: [News] Fonality Uses Open Source Software for Big Growth

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:49:18 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Sinister Midget espoused:
    >> On 2008-06-15, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >>>
    >>> ____/ Sinister Midget on Sunday 15 June 2008 00:22 : \____

    >>> He's back?

    >> Yeah. He made the stupid claim that most or all of your posts are
    >> anti-MS or other stuff unrelated to linux. I think he needs to read
    >> more of your posts from beginning to end to see the error in that
    >> thinking.
    >>

    > More attempted daemonisation.

    No Mark, it's fact.
    Take a look at Spamowitz's recent work.
    Mostly anti-Microsoft hate and rehashed posts that have been posted 100
    times already.

    You do read that pile of tripe you SPAM to the group everyday?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread