[News] MPower Adopts Duality with GPL, Railo Goes LGPL - Linux

  1. [News] MPower Adopts Duality with GPL, Railo Goes LGPL

    CRM Vendor for Nonprofits MPower Accepted by SourceForge

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | MPower, which sells nonprofit constituent relationship management (CRM) and
    | fundraising products, announced that its product has been accepted by
    | SourceForge.net, an online repository of open source code and applications.
    `----

    http://telephony-hardware.tmcnet.com...ourceforge.htm

    World's Largest Online Repository for Open Source Software Accepts MPower

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Consistent with the dual licensing approach used by many of the world’s
    | leading open source solutions (e.g., MySQL, Asterisk and Alfresco), MPower is
    | available on SourceForge and through MPower directly under two licenses.
    | Nonprofits may use and innovate with the software under the latest version of
    | the GNU General Public License, or GPLv3, which is the most widely used
    | licensing agreement for open source software.
    `----

    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...81&newsLang=en

    Railo to go open source under JBoss

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The new release, version 3.1, will be distributed under the LGPL2 license.
    `----

    http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/co...tm?p=339270993

    Recent:

    Pentaho Releases Business Intelligence Platform Under GPL License

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Pentaho Corp., the commercial open source alternative for business
    | intelligence (BI), today announced that its current version 2 alpha release
    | of the Pentaho BI Platform, as well as future versions, will be distributed
    | under the terms of the GNU General Public License Version 2 (GPLv2).
    `----

    Irreconcilable conflict between $ and Open Source ?!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I guess this particular attorney has never heard of Red Hat (aiming for $1
    | billion in revenue), Oracle (runs its own infrastructure on open source
    | software), Cisco (world's largest networking vendor that is now backing
    | Linux) and many other for profit vendors that all have somehow RECONCILED
    | open source and profit
    `----

    http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner...rreconcil.html

  2. Re: [News] MPower Adopts Duality with GPL, Railo Goes LGPL

    On 2008-06-14, Roy Schestowitz claimed:

    > CRM Vendor for Nonprofits MPower Accepted by SourceForge
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| MPower, which sells nonprofit constituent relationship management (CRM) and
    >| fundraising products, announced that its product has been accepted by
    >| SourceForge.net, an online repository of open source code and applications.
    > `----
    >
    > http://telephony-hardware.tmcnet.com...ourceforge.htm
    >
    > World's Largest Online Repository for Open Source Software Accepts MPower
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Consistent with the dual licensing approach used by many of the world’s
    >| leading open source solutions (e.g., MySQL, Asterisk and Alfresco), MPower is
    >| available on SourceForge and through MPower directly under two licenses.
    >| Nonprofits may use and innovate with the software under the latest version of
    >| the GNU General Public License, or GPLv3, which is the most widely used
    >| licensing agreement for open source software.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...81&newsLang=en
    >
    > Railo to go open source under JBoss
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The new release, version 3.1, will be distributed under the LGPL2 license.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/co...tm?p=339270993

    This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    --
    Bring Windows to its knees: start an application.

  3. Re: [News] MPower Adopts Duality with GPL, Railo Goes LGPL

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:21:26 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    Who's Ewik? Oh you mean this guy:

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...sch-troll.html

    Erik 'the weasel' Funkenbusch

    :-)

  4. Re: [News] MPower Adopts Duality with GPL, Railo Goes LGPL

    hardon quack writes:

    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:21:26 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
    >
    >> This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    > Who's Ewik? Oh you mean this guy:
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...sch-troll.html
    >
    > Erik 'the weasel' Funkenbusch
    >
    > :-)

    High Plains Hypocrite and his admirers clog up the group yet more.

    --
    It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops.

  5. Re: [News] MPower Adopts Duality with GPL, Railo Goes LGPL

    Hadron wrote:
    > hardon quack writes:
    >> Sinister Midget wrote:
    >>
    >>> This isn't an advocacy post. Ewik says so.

    >> Who's Ewik? Oh you mean this guy:
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...sch-troll.html
    >>
    >> Erik 'the weasel' Funkenbusch :-)

    > High Plains Hypocrite and his admirers clog up the group yet more.

    Illiteracy runs high here with the trolls in this newsgroup. Nope, I'm
    not "hardon quack".

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    Hadron 'the liar' Quark :-)

    --