Re: [News] [SOT] Intellectual Monopoly/Lunacy Breaks Loose in the UK - Linux

  1. Re: [News] [SOT] Intellectual Monopoly/Lunacy Breaks Loose in the UK

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > UK P2P user? Hope you like US prison food
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The [US] PRO-IP bill, H.R.4279, significantly increases the state's
    > power to
    > | detect and prosecute IP infringement, carrying with it a whole host of
    > new
    > | law enforcement positions and capabilities. It establishes an IP Czar,
    > | someone with the job of overseeing zealous action on behalf of
    > copyright and
    > | trademark owners, and includes such powers as the ability to seize
    > equipment
    > | if it contains just one file thought to infringe.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | As a UK citizen, you no longer have any effective defence against a US
    > demand
    > | for deportation. Under the Extradition Act 2003 the US can apply for a
    > UK
    > | citizen to be extradited without having to present any evidence to face
    > | charges of a crime committed in the US - for which the UK citizen need
    > not
    > | have been actually present.
    > `----
    >
    > http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,...331777b,00.htm

    The USA should be able to extradite criminals from banana republics like
    the UK.

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] Intellectual Monopoly/Lunacy Breaks Loose in theUK

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:04:12 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> UK P2P user? Hope you like US prison food
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The [US] PRO-IP bill, H.R.4279, significantly increases the state's
    >> power to
    >> | detect and prosecute IP infringement, carrying with it a whole host
    >> of new
    >> | law enforcement positions and capabilities. It establishes an IP
    >> Czar, | someone with the job of overseeing zealous action on behalf of
    >> copyright and
    >> | trademark owners, and includes such powers as the ability to seize
    >> equipment
    >> | if it contains just one file thought to infringe. |
    >> | [...]
    >> |
    >> | As a UK citizen, you no longer have any effective defence against a
    >> US demand
    >> | for deportation. Under the Extradition Act 2003 the US can apply for
    >> a UK
    >> | citizen to be extradited without having to present any evidence to
    >> face | charges of a crime committed in the US - for which the UK
    >> citizen need not
    >> | have been actually present.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://community.zdnet.co.uk/

    blog/0,1000000567,10008415o-2000331777b,00.htm

    > The USA should be able to extradite criminals from banana republics like
    > the UK.

    You ar quite the little asshole, aren't you?

    Under the Extradition Act 2003 the US can apply for a UK citizen to be
    extradited without having to present any evidence to face charges of a
    crime committed in the US - for which the UK citizen need not have been
    actually present.

    No evidence necessary... very nice. Why have a Constitution?

    I hope I am there when the jack boots come for you.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: [News] [SOT] Intellectual Monopoly/Lunacy Breaks Loose in the UK

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:J86dnZPuFLnQKM7VnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:04:12 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> UK P2P user? Hope you like US prison food
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> power to
    >>> of new
    >>> Czar, | someone with the job of overseeing zealous action on behalf of
    >>> copyright and
    >>> equipment
    >>> | if it contains just one file thought to infringe. |

    >>> US demand
    >>> a UK
    >>> face | charges of a crime committed in the US - for which the UK
    >>> citizen need not
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://community.zdnet.co.uk/

    > blog/0,1000000567,10008415o-2000331777b,00.htm
    >>>

    >> The USA should be able to extradite criminals from banana republics like
    >> the UK.
    >>

    > You ar quite the little asshole, aren't you?
    >
    > Under the Extradition Act 2003 the US can apply for a UK citizen to be
    > extradited without having to present any evidence to face charges of a
    > crime committed in the US - for which the UK citizen need not have been
    > actually present.
    >
    > No evidence necessary... very nice. Why have a Constitution?

    We have a constitution and it applies to our citizens and to our country.
    But when we need to extradite a criminal from some "Banana Republic" like
    the UK why should we have to go through the trouble of "explaining" to them
    why we need the person. We'll do the right thing so the UK should simply
    hand over the criminal (like they do) and they can go back to worshiping
    their "queen" - a 3rd century notion.

  4. Re: [News] [SOT] Intellectual Monopoly/Lunacy Breaks Loose in theUK

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:30:42 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:J86dnZPuFLnQKM7VnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:04:12 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >> blog/0,1000000567,10008415o-2000331777b,00.htm
    >>>>

    >>> The USA should be able to extradite criminals from banana republics
    >>> like the UK.
    >>>

    >> You ar quite the little asshole, aren't you?
    >>
    >> Under the Extradition Act 2003 the US can apply for a UK citizen to be
    >> extradited without having to present any evidence to face charges of a
    >> crime committed in the US - for which the UK citizen need not have been
    >> actually present.
    >>
    >> No evidence necessary... very nice. Why have a Constitution?

    > We have a constitution and it applies to our citizens and to our
    > country. But when we need to extradite a criminal from some "Banana
    > Republic" like the UK why should we have to go through the trouble of
    > "explaining" to them why we need the person. We'll do the right thing so
    > the UK should simply hand over the criminal (like they do) and they can

    First, there should be some proof that the person committed a crime IN
    the US. IN THE US.

    Or, maybe you think that any country should be able to just snatch anyone
    and tek them back to another country for trial... no evidence
    necessary.. of course, that would mean you could be snatched at any time
    and taken to any country.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: [News] [SOT] Intellectual Monopoly/Lunacy Breaks Loose in the UK

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:J86dnYzuFLk5XM7VnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:30:42 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> news:J86dnZPuFLnQKM7VnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> blog/0,1000000567,10008415o-2000331777b,00.htm

    >>> You ar quite the little asshole, aren't you?
    >>>
    >>> Under the Extradition Act 2003 the US can apply for a UK citizen to be
    >>> extradited without having to present any evidence to face charges of a
    >>> crime committed in the US - for which the UK citizen need not have been
    >>> actually present.
    >>>
    >>> No evidence necessary... very nice. Why have a Constitution?

    >> We have a constitution and it applies to our citizens and to our
    >> country. But when we need to extradite a criminal from some "Banana
    >> Republic" like the UK why should we have to go through the trouble of
    >> "explaining" to them why we need the person. We'll do the right thing so
    >> the UK should simply hand over the criminal (like they do) and they can
    >>

    > First, there should be some proof that the person committed a crime IN
    > the US. IN THE US.

    We do have proof. If we didn't have proof that the person commited a crime
    in the USA then why would we waste our time trying to extradite the
    individual? The extradition itself is proof that the person is wanted for
    something. Do you think that the USA goes around and extradites random
    people only to bring them to the USA for no reason?

    > Or, maybe you think that any country should be able to just snatch anyone
    > and tek them back to another country for trial... no evidence

    The evidence will be presented during the trial. The jury will decide if
    the evidence is enough to convict the person.

    > necessary.. of course, that would mean you could be snatched at any time
    > and taken to any country.

    It doesn't mean that at all. Why would a foreign country suspect me of
    being a criminal. Extradition isn't something that countries take lightly.
    If they are going to extradite someone from a foreign country then you can
    be damn well assured that there's a mountain of evidence waiting to convict
    the person. We don't extradite people for parking tickets... it's going to
    be something serious.

  6. Re: [News] [SOT] Intellectual Monopoly/Lunacy Breaks Loose in theUK

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:09:35 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:J86dnYzuFLk5XM7VnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:30:42 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message
    >>> news:J86dnZPuFLnQKM7VnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> We have a constitution and it applies to our citizens and to our
    >>> country. But when we need to extradite a criminal from some "Banana
    >>> Republic" like the UK why should we have to go through the trouble of
    >>> "explaining" to them why we need the person. We'll do the right thing
    >>> so the UK should simply hand over the criminal (like they do) and they
    >>> can go back to worshiping their "queen" - a 3rd century notion.
    >>>

    >> First, there should be some proof that the person committed a crime IN
    >> the US. IN THE US.

    > We do have proof.

    " Under the Extradition Act 2003 the US can apply for a UK citizen to be
    extradited without having to present any evidence to face charges of a
    crime committed in the US - for which the UK citizen need not have been
    actually present."

    " If we didn't have proof that the person commited a
    > crime in the USA then why would we waste our time trying to extradite
    > the individual? The extradition itself is proof that the person is
    > wanted for something. Do you think that the USA goes around and
    > extradites random people only to bring them to the USA for no reason?

    That person maybe wanted for something that is illegal in the US, but not
    in the UK.

    >> Or, maybe you think that any country should be able to just snatch
    >> anyone and tek them back to another country for trial... no evidence

    > The evidence will be presented during the trial. The jury will decide if
    > the evidence is enough to convict the person.
    >

    >> necessary.. of course, that would mean you could be snatched at any
    >> time and taken to any country.

    > It doesn't mean that at all. Why would a foreign country suspect me of
    > being a criminal?

    Why not?

    > Extradition isn't something that countries take
    > lightly. If they are going to extradite someone from a foreign country
    > then you can be damn well assured that there's a mountain of evidence
    > waiting to convict the person. We don't extradite people for parking
    > tickets... it's going to be something serious.

    If there is mountain of evidence, it should be presented. And why should
    someone, who has committed no crime in their country, has not left their
    country, be pulled from their country and taken to another country, with
    no evidence presented?

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread