[News] Quick Growth for CPALed Microsoft Project Challenger - Linux

  1. [News] Quick Growth for CPALed Microsoft Project Challenger

    Open source project management app hits 500K downloads

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Open source application OpenProj, a Microsoft Project replacement, has been
    | downloaded more than 500,000 times, says Marc O'Brien, CEO of OpenProj's
    | sponsoring company Projity.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/138457

    CPAL, i.e. just marginally 'open'. Still better than IBM's 'open' Symphony.

    Related:

    Projity exanding open source, Saas attack against Microsoft Project

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | “We’ve got major visibility at the distros. We are speaking to Red Hat,
    | Novell, and Ubuntu and we’re getting a warm reception because those companies
    | are now orienting their desktops to the business community where ROI is
    | important,” he said. *
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1794

    OpenProj Review: An OSS Alternative to Microsoft Project

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Even in its current standing, however, I can see a lot of people getting
    | behind this project. Just as long as they can manage to get themselves past
    | the Java aspect of its development. *
    `----

    http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=8023

    Microsoft Project to get open source competition

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Projity, which has been selling its project management software in the form
    | of Software as a Service (SaaS), will launch an open source version at
    | LinuxWorld next week, under the name OpenProj. *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In addition to a Linux version, there will be Macintosh and Windows versions
    | of the software as well.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Talks are also underway with OpenOffice about integration with that suite,
    | and the current version already reads Microsoft Project files.
    |
    | O’Brien believes the latest version of Microsoft Office leaves Big Green
    | vulnerable to this kind of open source attack.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1257

  2. Re: [News] Quick Growth for CPALed Microsoft Project Challenger

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Open source project management app hits 500K downloads
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Open source application OpenProj, a Microsoft Project replacement, has
    > been
    > | downloaded more than 500,000 times, says Marc O'Brien, CEO of OpenProj's
    > | sponsoring company Projity.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linux.com/feature/138457
    >
    > CPAL, i.e. just marginally 'open'. Still better than IBM's 'open'
    > Symphony.
    >

    > Related:
    >
    > Projity exanding open source, Saas attack against Microsoft Project
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | “We’ve got major visibility at the distros. We are speaking to Red Hat,
    > | Novell, and Ubuntu and we’re getting a warm reception because those
    > companies
    > | are now orienting their desktops to the business community where ROI is
    > | important,” he said.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1794
    >

    > OpenProj Review: An OSS Alternative to Microsoft Project
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Even in its current standing, however, I can see a lot of people getting
    > | behind this project. Just as long as they can manage to get themselves
    > past
    > | the Java aspect of its development.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=8023