[News] New Push in Europe for Interoperability Framework - Linux

  1. [News] New Push in Europe for Interoperability Framework

    IDABC EIF Info Day 2008 - Brussels

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The European Commission, Directorate General for Informatics (IDABC), is
    | organising a special event aiming to present and inform on the new version of
    | the European Interoperability Framework. This EIF Info Day is to take place
    | on 25 June 2008 in Brussels.
    `----

    http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7649

    More good news from Europe:

    Italian Elections: The Province of Agrigento has an open source candidate

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Provincial elections will take place in the province of Agrigento over this
    | week end, and apparently Agrigento has its own best open source candidate,
    | Eugenio d’Orsi.
    `----

    http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/06/...rce-candidate/

    Recent:

    Free software in free elections

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A new initiative promoted by the italian association for free software for
    | the next italian political elections (provided that they will actually take
    | place…). The initiative consists in asking the candidates to sign a letter
    | where they engage themselves, in case they will be elected, to promote the
    | use of free software through their political activity.
    `----

    http://www.palmerini.org/2008/04/06/...ree-elections/

    Commission to MEP: We are able to accept and generate ODF

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | An assistent of Italian MEP Marco Cappato (ALDE) contacted us with the news
    | that an answer to a parliament question has arrived.
    `----

    http://www.digistan.org/forum/t-6311...d-generate-odf

    Related:

    Linux reaches the Italian Parliament

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As reported by the Italian newspaper Repubblica on July 10th, 2007, a plan
    | suggested by the left deputies Pietro Folena and Franco Grillini to migrate
    | all the computers of the Parliament from Windows to Linux was approved by the
    | Chamber.
    |
    | The migration will affect about 3500 boxes of the Chamber, both desktops and
    | servers, and each Deputy/Party may also ask to migrate his/its (private)
    | computers to the Free System.
    `----

    http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/blog/linu...oves-to-linux/

  2. Re: [News] New Push in Europe for Interoperability Framework

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > IDABC EIF Info Day 2008 - Brussels
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The European Commission, Directorate General for Informatics (IDABC), is
    > | organising a special event aiming to present and inform on the new
    > | version of the European Interoperability Framework. This EIF Info Day is
    > | to take place on 25 June 2008 in Brussels.
    > `----
    >
    > http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7649

    As tax payers representatives, they need to make open formats and software
    the norm by holding competitions for the most agressive peer reviewed open
    standards so that proprietory companies and open source companies
    can now compete properly in the market without market distortions.
    It is the consumer and those who adopt the standards fastest that
    benefit most from setting common standards.
    It is imperative that when micoshaft and other closed source
    companies do their dangerously stupid things to gain the upper hand at these
    meeting, that they are forced to leave and more open source
    companies like the RHATs of this world, and small ma and grandpa
    outfits are allowed access to both the standards formation process
    and to allow peer review. Such diversity in a group forces a group to go for
    the simplest and obvious features in standards first so that standards
    are set with the most obvious and important and widely
    adoptable priorities first.

+ Reply to Thread