C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer - Linux

This is a discussion on C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer - Linux ; High Plains Thumper a écrit: > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ > + > + C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer > + Edition: 23 - 10/24/07 > + Group: comp.os.linux.advocacy > + > + Copyright (c) 2002-2006 Linux Reality Team > + > + ...

  1. C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer

    High Plains Thumper a écrit:
> [...]
    >
    > 6.1 Q: What is RTFM?!
    > A: This is an acronym for Read The Fuc*ing Manual. This is a common
    > answer you'll get when asking for help in the Linux community.
    > It's meant to make you feel inadequate while boating the Linux
    > persons ego at the same time. See, Linux enthusiasts consider
    > themselves to be guru like and above helping out the simple
    > newbie. You have to earn your respect by spending countless
    > hours becoming a kernel hacker before you're worthy of getting
    > any help.
    >
    > 6.2 Q: Why does everyone think they are better than you when
    > using Linux?
    > A: Same as above. When people use Linux they believe since it
    > takes a little more knowledge to use Linux, they are technically
    > superior, and see themselves as an elite group that doesn't have
    > time for the pathetic little Windows people.
    >
    > (more to come...)
    >
    > SECTION SEVEN - LINUX ADVOCACY, HELPING OR HURTING?
    >
    > 7.1 Q: Everyone in here says linux is perfect, why would they say that
    > if it isn't?
    > A: We really don't know. Maybe they've used Linux so long that
    > they've gotten used to it. Some of these people haven't used
    > Windows in years so they are comparing Linux to the
    > last windows they used, maybe Windows 3.1 or 95.
    >
    > 7.2 Q: Why does everyone call you a troll when you ask something that
    > questions linux?
    > A: Most of the people here in C.O.L.A. think of Linux more like a
    > religion than an OS. They mostly are MS haters and feel that
    > Linux is the greatest thing to ever hit computing. So when
    > someone questions Linux it's like questioning their belief
    > system. Instead of looking at it with some logic and
    > reasonable judgment, they will lash out at you can't claim your
    > are a troll or a paid MS supporter.
    >
    > 7.3 Q: Why does everyone you if you question Linux?
    > A: Fairly similar to above, Linux advocates can not argue their
    > point rationally. So to make it look like you are under them
    > or you are not worth it, and at the same time find an easy
    > way out of having to prove themselves, they will you.
    >
    > (more to come...)
    > SECTION EIGHT - LINUX EVANGELISM, ZEALOTS
    >
    > 8.1 Q: There are some people that call this FAQ lies and seem to treat
    > it like it's a conspiracy against them, and post all sorts of links
    > to anti-microsoft articles. Why are they reacting so strongly?
    > A: The people that are reacting so strongly are most likely the
    > Linux extremists that believe everything negitive that is said about
    > Linux comes from Microsoft. Like many cult-like groups, the people
    > that belong to them don't have the ability to see things rationally
    > or outside of their view. If someone replies to the FAQ, or
    > anything questioning a non-favorable view on Linux, that seems a
    > little "over the edge", do a google search on the person
    > (http://groups.google.com/) and look at his/her posting history
    > then decide for yourself if the person is credible or not.

  2. Re: C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 03:30:05 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

> [...]
    >>
    >> (more to come...)
    >> SECTION EIGHT - LINUX EVANGELISM, ZEALOTS
    >>
    >> 8.1 Q: There are some people that call this FAQ lies and seem to treat
    >> it like it's a conspiracy against them, and post all sorts of links
    >> to anti-microsoft articles. Why are they reacting so strongly?
    >> A: The people that are reacting so strongly are most likely the
    >> Linux extremists that believe everything negitive that is said about
    >> Linux comes from Microsoft. Like many cult-like groups, the people
    >> that belong to them don't have the ability to see things rationally
    >> or outside of their view. If someone replies to the FAQ, or
    >> anything questioning a non-favorable view on Linux, that seems a
    >> little "over the edge", do a google search on the person
    >> (http://groups.google.com/) and look at his/her posting history
    >> then decide for yourself if the person is credible or not.

    Nice to see the REAL FAq posted here for a change.
    That tripe written my mjcr (aka 7) is pure garbage.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.06.14.03.45.13.656000@invalid.invalid...
    > Nymshifting .......

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!!
    HighPlainsThumper_Rafael_GeorgeHostler_WendyToilet water_RobinTCox_Liar__****sucker_Retard_Nymshifter _NetKKKop_Netnanny
    = an idiot!
    --
    comp.os.linux.advocacy, COLA, (it's close with COLON) widely known as "The
    rectum of usenet".

  4. Re: C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer

    Clogwog wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper schreef...
    >> Nymshifting anonymising remailing coward Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > TROLLS: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/
    >
    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!!
    > HighPlainsThumper_Rafael_GeorgeHostler_WendyToilet water_
    > RobinTCox_Liar__****sucker_Retard_Nymshifter_NetKK Kop_
    > Netnanny = an idiot!
    >
    > --
    > comp.os.linux.advocacy, COLA, (it's close with COLON) widely known as
    > "The rectum of usenet".

    Ah ! Ainsi c'était VOUS, vous pervertissent !

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.06.14.21.20.23.872000@invalid.invalid...
    > Clogwog wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper schreef...

    >> TROLLS: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/
    >>
    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!!
    >> HighPlainsThumper_Rafael_GeorgeHostler_WendyToilet water_
    >> RobinTCox_Liar__****sucker_Retard_Nymshifter_NetKK Kop_
    >> Netnanny = an idiot!
    >>
    >> --
    >> comp.os.linux.advocacy, COLA, (it's close with COLON) widely known as
    >> "The rectum of usenet".

    > Ah ! Ainsi c'était VOUS, vous pervertissent !
    >
    > --
    > HPT

    Va bouffer ta merde, retourne enculer les mouches, fils de pute!
    --
    La Hollande - France: 4-1
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=EMV2V0...eature=related

+ Reply to Thread